5 Dream WWE Opponents for Kenny Omega

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good and have had a good week! As we reach the end of of the second week of October and my favourite day ever, Friday the thirteenth, I thought it was time to upload a blog post I have wanted to write for a couple of months now, well in fact a pretty damn long time. If you have been following me throughout the past year you will most certainly know that I am a huge Kenny Omega fan. Over the years I've watched his work, loved his matches, admired his skill and been in awe of his character but the last nine to ten months or so I really have become totally obsessed. I made it my goal this year to pay attention to promotions that I don't usually pay much attention too and NJPW was one that I really wanted to focus on and so of course it meant I got to see much more of Omega and I can now sit here and say I'm totally obsessed! A brilliant all around star, Omega has raised the bar and become one of the best wrestlers not only of today but of this generation and I can't get enough of him. Almost every day I'm watching a match or some mic work or reading an article and honestly you can see exactly why he is worth the hype completely. And so today, keeping all that in mind, I have decided to jump into the future and write a post focusing on Omega. Now, while he is currently not signed to the WWE I of course would love more than anything for him to one day in the future whenever that is to come and join the WWE universe and so I thought with that in mind I would list five dream opponents for Kenny Omega in the WWE today. This is a post I'm super excited write, I had so much fun taking notes for and I'm super excited to see what you guys think. Of course you can share your thoughts by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me over at @TezangiVictoria.

Seth Rollins

Okay, so I know it's a predicable one but I just had to kick start today's blog post off with the Architect himself, Seth Rollins. When I first took pen to paper before I could even think about storyline's and simply just payed attention to the question; who would I like to see Kenny Omega face in the WWE? Seth Rollins was the very first name that sprang to mind. Why? Because it will be one fucking epic match. For years I have sat here and spoke in depth about Seth Rollins. A former Superstar of the year here on my blog it's no secret I'm a huge fan of the guy. He's competing in some of my favourite matches of the past five years and proven to be a leading face in this generation of pro wrestling. Everything from becoming the first NXT Champion to his run with the Shield to the alliance with the Authority right up to what we a seeing him do right now alongside Dean Ambrose in the tag team divison, Seth Rollins is an all round star, he can do it all and we as hardcore wrestling fans love watching him. Sound familiar? We can pretty much say the exact same thing about Kenny Omega. A leading face in pro wrestling today, Omega has changed the game. He's competed in some of the best matches I have ever scene and raised the bar to a whole new level. The thought of these two colliding excites me massively. I almost don't care what the story is, if these two are wrestling for nearly thirty minuets magic will be made and I'm confident we will all be sitting here listing Seth Rollins vs Kenny Omega as one of the best matches in wrestling history. In an ideal world I wouldn't want either really taking on the true baby face role. A cocky, arrogant new comer to the WWE in Omega believing he already is the top dog, he doesn't need to prove himself because he's been doing it for years walks around demanding title opportunities and irritating everyone backstage attracts the attention of another cocky, arrogant superstar in Seth Rollins. In his eyes, this is his WWE. He's the one that has done it all in the WWE and isn't going to let Omega come in and take his spotlight. It's wrestling magic guaranteed and as I mentioned earlier, you don't need a big story to sell this match, these names in headlights does that. The pair are extremely talented, have their in ring similarities and their popularity makes this an even bigger must see. Not to mention this is the feud that could very easily remind us all why Rollins was so big as a singles star and give him exactly what he needs!

The Miz

I know. Just let me explain. I understand there is going to be plenty of people reading this and wondering if I've actually gone insane but think about it. I know we just spoke about Seth Rollins, one of the best wrestlers of this generation and while I believe the wrestling matches between Rollins and Omega will be insanely good, on another level in fact, when I think about storyline's and who Kenny could have some truly epic feuds with, the Miz is a name that pops up first. Okay, so hes not going to be everyone's first pick but he sure is one of my faves. The Miz, whether you love him or hate him is damn good at his job. Hes a decent in ring performer, he has fantastic in ring psychology, his character has been nailed perfectly and the mic work is on another level. This is a man that could make a feud with a paper bag seem like the best thing since sliced bread. Now, unlike many of the names I will be talking about throughout today's post I don't believe the Miz vs Kenny Omega will be a match of the ages, one we name one of the best of all time. However, stories are important in wrestling whether we want to admit it or not. Similarly to what I spoke about with Rollins, the Miz feels as though everyone needs to prove themselves. Prove they are better than him. He doesn't care what you have done outside the WWE because it matters what you do inside it. The feud between him and Kenny writes itself. I'm confident the pair will have brilliant chemistry and it will be interesting seeing a feud between them grow. An episode of Miz TV would kick start things, a few comments from the Miz turns into one of his epic passionate promos  mentioning the Bullet Club and bam! you have a story! The matches will lack the intensity others in the list will provide but I needed to make sure to include one man for story purposes and the Miz was my top pic.

John Cena

Of course, you all saw it coming, up next is sixteen time champion, John Cena. Again, the story writes for itself. John Cena vs Kenny Omega is serious money. It has the potential to be one of the biggest, most must see matches in wrestling history and I know for a fact I would pay serious money to tune into it. The pair are leading faces in this industry. For the past decade John has been the face of pro wrestling. The WWE has pretty much been his WWE competing in some iconic matches and partaking in some legendary feuds against multiple WWE superstars including the likes of the Rock, Brock Lesnar, and personal favourite of mine CM Punk to name just a few. Kenny Omega on the other hand has and is still doing it all over on the independent scene. He's been killing it in Japan making NJPW his home and owning it. We've all seen those epic bouts against Okada and so many fantastic wrestlers on the roster. They are two of the biggest names in wrestling, there's no denying that and so a clash between them is a must see. It's a match that could so easily headline Wrestlemania and go down in history as one of the best and most iconic matches in wrestling. Both very different from image and style to in ring skill, ability and style but would so easily compliment each other. The match between Cena and Omega will draw in fans from all around the world regardless. It's a Money match. It will generate heat, conversation and draw serious attention. Unpredictable, intense, iconic, this is a match we can all invest time and money into and honestly the more I think about the more I want to see it and the more disappointed I will be if we don't get it. With Cena working a more time role now in the WWE it does make this match feel more realistic and I do feel as though it will happen one day (got to stay optimistic) and when it does because of this I'm sure the story will be a lot lot more interesting. If Omega does eventually decide to sign with the WWE a match against Cena is a total must!

Roman Reigns 

Up next is one I'm sure is going to be pretty controversial but I just had to include him, of course I'm talking about Roman Reigns. You hear the word "controversial" and you know the next two words are going to be Roman Reigns. I understand that he still and probably always have big haters/doubters, I myself still have little issues I have with him and I do find him seriously unlikable however, the man has done everything in his power to prove people wrong and make a point. This year in particular he really has shown the world he is damn good in that ring. Whether you love him or hate him or find yourself somewhere in the middle you damn well have to admit that Roman Reigns has been apart of some epic matches throughout the years. Okay, so his Wrestlemania matches haven't been the best in the world but he has gone toe to toe with the likes of Bray Wyatt, Seth Rollins, AJ Styles, and John Cena to name just a few and delivered. He's been apart of a number of fantastic matches and has made appropriate character  developments that really have helped. With that mind I strongly believe that Kenny Omega vs Roman Reigns would be a must see and rates as a dream match in my opinion.Would I have said this at the start of the year? Probably not, but Reigns has been seriously impressive throughout the past twelve months or so and honestly, I can seriously say that I would love to see him challenge Omega. The story would need to be strong and the WWE will have to tread rightly but I remain optimistic. I'm very interested in seeing what would play out between these two and honestly I do think it could pretty damn awesome. Reigns would be massiveness pushed to his limits while also looking very very good, he could learn a heck of a lot, the story has the potential to be epic and honestly the match and the feud is money. This is a big time match and again feels as though it could headline Wrestlemania.

Finn Balor

Coming up with just five names really was difficult. I was planning on making this a list of seven because honestly there were so many names I wanted to talk about but in the end I decided five was best and if a part two is something you guys would like to see then do let me know because I honestly would so be down for doing that. When I was taking my notes for this blog post so many names came to mind and I have long list in my book but Finn Balor was one of the main and first names I thought of and so I deemed it best to have him conclude this list. A former Bullet Club member himself, this is a must see match. The story alone will have fans completely hooked and emotional invested. There's history, there's meaning, the serious fan attraction. I know I've said it a million times before but this is a money match that has potential to so so easily steal any show and make history as one of the best wrestling matches we all have ever seen. Two massive names in the wrestling world, Balor and Omega have been killing it in recent years. Their popularity is insane and throughout their careers they both have been apart of some of the best matches and storyline's I have ever seen. If Omega was to sign with the WWE a feud with Balor would have to be on the cards, there's nothing to discuss. I am planning on writing a how I would book Kenny Omega's WWE debut which I'm hoping will be up in a couple of weeks but that post would heavily feature Balor. I still want to see Balor align with Anderson and Gallows who could seriously do with a big story to help them out and give them hat the have deserved right from the start, with those three as the three standing in the royal rumble for Omegas music to hit it would be one of the most epic moments in wrestling history and in my fantasy booking world the start of an epic feud. Like I said, a full post on this will be up soon but I of course had to include Balor in this list.

And that is the end of today's blog post! Now, as I mentioned, there were so many names I wanted to include in this post including Triple H, AJ Styles, Shane McMahon and many many more so if you would like to see a part two make sure to leave a comment bellow or tweet me over at @TezangiVictoria. You can do the same things also letting me know which WWE superstar you would like Kenny Omega to face in the WWE. Any recent blog post will of course be linked bellow also.

Recent Blog Posts:
This weeks Smackdown LIVE Highlights
Five Best WWE Superstars Under 30
Last Week in Wrestling

Comments

Popular Posts