Last Week in Wrestling

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good and had an awesome Halloween weekend. If you know me you know what I am the biggest Halloween fan! It's my favorite time of the year and while I didn't go to any parties this year I had a great time dressing up and celebrating at home with family which was totally different to what I usually do but super fan! With that however, came a few days away from my laptop and not really blogging so I am a tad behind meaning blog posts are a little all over the place this week but I'm going to try my best to stay on top of things and make sure I have an upload for you every day but lets not get too far ahead of ourselves, it's going to be a long week! We are, however, kick-starting this week off with a post I always have up for you guys on a Monday, my last week in Wrestling post. If you're new here this is basically the time where I run you through the past seven days in the world of wrestling taking a look back at some of the biggest talking points, matches, segments, news and updates across the wrestling world. This is one of my favorite posts to write as it gives me a chance to really take a look back some of those big big talking points not only in the WWE but throughout the world of pro wrestling. Now, with that being said, my last version of this post wasn't my best. I found that really there was only WWE news to report and so I was too happy with the end result but I've accepted that there are just going to be some weeks where that happens. When it comes to other posts you can expect this week I have my Last month in NXT review coming up on Thursday, on Wednesday I have my RAW and Smackdown LIVE Highlights and a couple of lists post coming up also! If you have any ideas as to what you would like to see do let me know down in the comments section below! As always any recent blog posts will be linked at the end and you can let me know what you thought of last week in wrestling by leaving a comment or by dropping me a tweet over at @TezangiVictoria.

WWE News and Updates 

WWE TLC

I'm going to keep this first paragraph pretty short because if you read last Monday's WWE TLC review you will know what I wasn't the biggest fan of the pay per view. I will, of course, link that post below so you can check that out but keeping things short here the night was an eventful mess, to say the least. The card itself consisted of several matches we as fans just haven't seen pot before us before and so there was a very very different feel to the show, however, I cannot sit here and say that I personally enjoyed the night because I didn't. I did feel as though that in terms of booking decisions the right moves were made during most matches if not all but the main event for me was very hit or miss. You either loved it or hated it and I personally leaned more towards the later. We did see a new cruiserweight champion crowned and Asuka's debut went down a treat. Looking back on the night we had a fantastic bout between Styles and Balor but for me, the night as a whole could have been stronger and if certain changes were made then I'm sure this would have gone down a lot better.

The Road to Survivor Series

If there was one thing made clear by the WWE this week it's that the road to Survivor Series really has officially kick-started. The WWE has wasted no time what so ever in building this pay per view up with most matches for the night announced, teams forming, and tension rising. It was announced on Monday's episode of RAW that the following matches will take place; Alexa Bliss vs Natalya, Baron Corbin vs The Miz, Jinder Mahal vs Brock Lesnar and Seth Rollins and Dean Ambrose vs the Usos. It's very much RAW vs Smackdown LIVE and I love that. It really does feel as though this year the brands are going to war and while some of these matches may be a little interesting in terms of crowd reactions for heel vs heel matches but I have to say that already I'm really excited for the show. You guys know where I stand on Jinder vs Brock which is something I will be talking about in more detail later on in the week but that tag team champions vs tag team champions match is something that I think every wrestling fan can emotionally invest in as at the moment that stands as the match could very very easily steal the show.

Keeping on the theme of Survivor Series, this past Monday on RAW the blue brand made a very big impact sending a huge message to the guys and girls of Monday night RAW. Invading RAW, Shane McMahon and some of Smackdown LIVE's biggest stars put RAW under siege. Heading backstage the likes of Baron Corbin, Bobby Roode, Rusev, Natalya and current Miss Money in the bank, Carmella took it upon themselves to take out every RAW star in sight. Ruining the set, backstage workers, and beating down talents such as Seth Rollins and Dean Ambrose, Elias Samson, Appollo Crews and the majority of the women's division this was one of the highlights of the week and gave Smackdown LIVE the edge they really needed. Already the blue brand is one step ahead meaning that tonight's episode of RAW and the next few days should be very very interesting. The question on everyone's lips right now is when will RAW fight back. What will the guys and girls of Monday night RAW come back with and when will they give the blue brand a taste of their own medicine? Personally, I would love to see RAW kick start with every RAW superstar out on stage with Angle addressing his roster. I'm glad that there wasn't an immediate attack back on Tuesday night but that is something I and everyone else is waiting for and excited to see when it does happen.

25th Anniversary 

On January twenty-second RAW will celebrate its twenty-fifth anniversary in Brooklyn New York at the Barclays Center, a popular venue for the WWE. This has been a pretty big talking point over the past week particularly the past few days and it's something that I'm actually really excited about! With the flagship show set to hit a huge milestone we can expect the nights episode to be a pretty awesome show and already rumours have been surfacing regarding the show including an appearance from WWE legends including the likes of Stone Cold Steve Austin, the Rock (who despite a crazy busy schedule has appeared for both the 15th and 20th anniversary) and Ric Flair. The Undertaker has also been revealed as one of the names making an appearance for the special edition of RAW. There are also talks of a book and a DVD being released based on the twenty-fifth anniversary.

This Wednesday will also see the return of Total Divas on E where Alexa Bliss, Nia Jax, and Carmella will make their debut for the show. Yesterday it was also revealed that Summer Rae, Darren Young, and Emma were all realsed by the WWE and this is something I will be discussed more later on in the week. NXT newcomer Lio Rush's twitter comments regarding Emma's exit from  the company did not go down well with both fans and WWE superstars as the likes of Bray Wyatt, Peyton Royce and more made sure to put Rush in his place.

Outside the WWE

Bound for Glory 2018 

I have to admit that it's been some time since I last watched an episode of Impact Wrestling, in fact, I can't remember the last time I did. However,. I have tried my best to stay up to date in regards to news, updates and big talking points focused on the promotion and I am going to try my best to tune into the show more often. What I do know is that there is a great amount of chat focusing on Bound for Glory which I am planning on also tuning into and writing a little review on if that's something you guys would be interested in. The pay per view is set to take place on November fifth in Ottawa Canada and the card consists of matches including; Abyss vs Grado, Rosemary vs Taya Valkyrie, EC3, Eddie Edwards and James Storm vs El Hijo Del Fantasma, Pagano, and Texano, and Sienna vs Allie vs Gail Kim. The card as a whole looks pretty stacked and as I said, while I haven't watched Impact Wrestling in a while I will be giving Bound for Glory a watch next month!

The last Episode of WCPW

If there is one wrestling promotion I really have been paying attention to outside of the WWE over the past year it, of course, has been WCPW. While I had my doubts at the start when things kick-started throughout the past year and a half the promotion has only gotten better and better and very quickly I found myself loving the style, the roster, the matches, and the storyline's being presented and I've actually had very little to moan about. I've enjoyed most episodes and live specials and spent a great deal of time tweeting about show and writing about it here on my blog. As we all know, What Culture has seen some massive changes take place over the past month all of which I've grown to be totally okay with and in actual fact I really like the changes that have been made; one of those changes comes at the hands of WCPW as the wrestling brand now looks to be changing it's name to Defiant wrestling with brand new general manager Sut Benett. Again, I've had my doubts but so far things look to be really interesting. I like how they have promoted the change, I like the new feel to the brand I'm excited to see the first episode of defiant wrestling air in December. I will, of course, be reviewing the show and plan on writing much more content here surrounding Defiant wrestling. The last episode of WCPW did air last week and I really liked it. As always I was entertained and I felt as though things did end correctly. The main event for We are Defiant has changed due to contractual issues for Will Ospreay and the match will now see Martin Kirby join Marty Scrull and Joe Hendry in the main event.

Controversy

I'm  going to end today's post off with something I feel really passionate about. I know and understand why this topic is something rather controversial but it's something I feel I have to touch on. Adam Blampied. If you follow me on twitter you will most certainly know where I stand on this and this will be the last time I mention it but for anyone choosing to support him, I really do advise you to think about this topic in a pretty big way. I'm constantly reading tweets saying "He only asked for nudes" or "He didn't attack anyone", "the girls are to blame also". Every single one of these comments frustrated me. This was yet another case of someone in a position of power who abused just that. This was a man who manipulated not one but multiple women for his own sexual advantage and we need to understand who is in the right here and who was in the wrong. Anyone who has a following of this scale has a position of power and to manipulate that and abuse that is wrong on all levels. This wasn't a one-time thing where two people were drunk and made a mistake, this was a case of a man who did this time and time again knowing full well what he was doing and blaming the girls involved is completely wrong. I'd like to give my support to all the women involved and I'm hoping this can get people talking in terms of how often this happens not only in this industry but across pop culture.

And on that note, that is the end of today's blog post! I really enjoyed taking some time out to write this today and I hope you enjoyed. As always any recent blog post will be linked below and you can let me know what you thought of today's post by leaving a comment or tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.


Recent Blog Posts:
5 Scariest WWE Superstars
What I Really thought of: Ultima Lucha Tres
This weeks RAW and Smackdown LIVE Highlights
5 WWE Superstars Giving us Serious Halloween Inspiration
What I Really Thought of: WWE TLC 2017

Comments

Popular Posts