Five Potential Paul Heyman Girls

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good and having a nice strong start to the month! So it's a brand new month, Autumn is here and both Halloween and Christmas are on the way which means I'm super excited and very happy! Okay, so enough festive chat it's time to focus on today's blog post, over the years the WWE have produced some amazing superstars but also some pretty damn brilliant managers. The likes of the late Bobby Heenan spring to mind and of course the one and only, Paul Heyman, the man we are going to be focusing on today. Throughout his career Heyman has managed some of the best names in the WWE include names such as CM Punk and of course Brock Lesnar but he has never managed a female superstar and that honestly is something I would love to see change. We have seen the female superstars of the WWE take control over the past few years with everything change for women's wrestling in the WWE but what is missing is a huge alliance, one of these women being given the chance to have one epic manager by their side; and so in today's blog post I will be listing five women I would love to see become a Paul Heyman girl. I had so much fun writing this post as always and while I wasn't feeling too well when I wrote this I really like the outcome and it was a really cool post to write. I do have a few similar posts coming up but for now you can let me know what you thought of today's post and who you would like to see as the first ever Paul Heyman girl by leaving a comment bellow or by dropping me a tweet over at @TezangiVictoria.

Paige


Kick starting today's blog post off is one of the main women that really inspired me to write this blog post in the very first place. A couple of weeks back I was making a list of blog posts I wanted to write over the next month and when I decided to go with Five Potential First Paul Heyman Girls one of the very first names I thought of Paige. After scowling through Instagram one night I stumbled across Paige's profile and went back taking a look at some of her matches over the years and it hit me, if Paul Heyman was to introduce a "Paul Heyman girl" than Paige is someone I would love to see picked for the role. Okay, so as I write this post Paige is currently working in the ring and hasn't done for over a year (even though it totally feels longer than that) but with the former divas champion promising her return the WWE would be happening and happening soon she's someone I have been thinking about a lot recently and wanting to write about more. Regardless of what has happened over the past year and half or what she has been apart of in her personal life it doesn't take away the fact that Paige is one heck of a worker. When she arrived on the scene she was the hottest biggest talking point. Her unique look, style and in ring skills had her standing out more than anyone else and her debut year was a damn good one up on the main roster! Of course the past couple of years haven't been as strong as that time of her career but there is no reason why she can't bounce back. There is nothing I would love more than for Paige to make her return, thrown straight into a strong storyline and given the run she really does deserve. When Paige does arrive back to the WWE she's going to need something new, something so strong and captivating that it distracts fans as much as possible from the past year and what everyone is focusing on is the now and what she is doing in that moment. Because Paige is such a strong character I believe she will do just fine regardless but if there is a story I could give her it would one hundred and ten percent be sending her down the road of becoming the first ever Paul Heyman girl. Picture it, an in ring promo from Paul Heyman teasing a new client, a fresh start to the new year, the year of change, of new heights, of redemption, and out comes Paige. Once in the ring Paige takes the mic and talks about a new beginning, a new Paige and her road back to the top. Moving back over to Heyman who speaks of the women's divison, Paige and the impact she's going to make and warning the WWE universe to watch out for the new start, the new Paige, the new alliance. It's a very basic example but think about it, a new take on Paige's character is needed and Heyman has exactly what it takes to put her back on track and give her the fresh start she needs in her WWE career. 

Shayna Baszler 

Up next is a women I'm sure a lot of people are going to have mixed opinions on and who many will not be too sure should even be included in this list in the first place but trust me when I say I really do feel as though she deserves the spot and in all honesty I would love to see her one day work as a Paul Heyman girl. Of course, by now you will all know that I'm quite possibly the worlds biggest Shayna Baszler fan and over the past two months or so I have spoken about her great deal both here on my blog and over on social media accounts like Twitter and Instagram.  Her participation in the Mae Young Classic has meant that the former MMA star has been a huge talking point and while as I write this post she hasn't officially been signed by the WWE I still believe it just a matter of time before she is signed and joining the women's divison over on RAW or Smackdown LIVE. Throughout the Mae Young Classic, Shayna found herself a big time talking point. As a finales competitor Baszler came just inches away from becoming the first ever winner of the Mae Young Classic and even she was unable to do just that she made an impact, got people talking and became one of the highlights of the tournament. Her in ring work is something that has generated mixed opinion but for a women that has been in the industry for just two years I'd say she was pretty damn impressive. Baszler brought a level of intensity and dominance that no other women did and gave off the female Brock Lesnar vibe that I've been trying to avoid saying throughout the past month. She was one of my personal favorites and even though the tournament is done with I still cannot stop talking about her. When discussing potential Paul Heyman girls Shayna is right at the top again despite the fact she is not even signed to the WWE just yet. Throughout the classic the idea kept popping into my head and it was something I could not avoid. She has a great vibe, a brilliant performance and all the potential in the world  but putting aside the idea she was there to further push Ronda Rousey and her WWE career lets focus on Baszler who really is a women to watch. She still has a long way to go and plenty of work to do but if you put someone like Paul Heyman by her side she could easily jump to the top and become a leading face in the women's divison. It would give off the same vibe as Lesnar but hey ho, this an alliance that would simply work and honestly is exactly the different feel that the women's divison needs!

Asuka


Another obvious pick but come on, she had to be included. Just like I mentioned in my Paige section, Asuka is another women that really did inspire me to write this post. She was the first women I was thinking of adding to this list and after the news breaking that the former NXT Women's champion would be arriving the main roster joining Monday night RAW I was left even more motivated to write this post. Now, let's just make things perfectly clear, Asuka has been undefeated for almost two whole years. She had a title reign lasting well over five hundred days and has become one of the most dominant superstars in WWE history all on her own and so it's clear she is not in desperate need of someone standing by her side and assisting her in any way shape or form, however, and alliance between Asuka and Paul Heyman is pure gold and it's something I would pay to see take place. Right now looking at the current state of both the RAW and Smackdown LIVE women's divison there is no female superstar that has that legit, bad ass, feel that Asuka poses. It doesn't matter who she's stepping in the ring with whether it be a newcomer like Ruby Riot, a hardcore fearless diamond like  Nikki Cross or a veteran like Mickie James, Asuka dominants. She takes control, and while her opponent fits in some solid offence there is no stopping Asuka and those women just cannot keep up. She's a force to be reckoned with no one having the impact she has made in WWE history and as she prepares to start her dominant run over on the main roster thoughts of starting something new for the empress of tomorrow are clear and one of the things I would love to see the most is an alliance between her and Paul Heyman. Think about it, Heyman wants the very best of the best, Asuka is just that. He already has the beast, the man that ended the streak so why not have Asuka the women with the streak. We've seen the little struggles superstars such as Shinsuke Nakamura have had with their English and cutting strong promos that match what they can do in the ring and while I believe Asuka will do just fine is there is one thing I worry about its her mic work and being able to keep up with strong mic workers like Alexa Bliss. There is the argument that says the past has proven Asuka is totally okay and her vibe and in ring skills makes up for that but if she was to have Paul Heyman by her side doing the talking, hyping her and her matches up every now and then the WWE are going to be onto something magic. It's the perfect alliance and if I could pick just one of the women on this list to become a Paul Heyman girl, Asuka would easily be my pick. 

Emma 

Honestly, of all the women I've spoken about in today's blog post and featured in this list Emma is the one that I had my doubts about. The Women's divison has so much talent and there most certainly are more than just five women I would love to see work as Paul Heyman girls but in the end after giving it much thought Emma was the name I decided just had to go in the list. Unlike the rest of the women I've spoken about today or even had in mind for this post she hasn't had the dominant past she deserves. Her run in NXT while not perfect was her best, she worked fantastic matches against Paige and was not only was a genuine fan favourite but a leading face in the women's revolution. She has managed to get lost in that whole picture however, with the likes of Charlotte, Becky Lynch, Sasha Banks and Bayley taking the spotlight meaning women like Emma, Paige and Summer Rae really have been forgotten in the whole Women's evolution picture. Over the past month we have finally been seeing more of Emma and while it's a step in the right direction I'm not feeling very positive about the whole thing. I don't get the vibe the WWE have plans on pushing her far and giving her the spotlight she deserves and with Asuka joining the roster things just don't look great for Emma at all. With that in mind I want to believe that things can be turned around and with the right direction Emma could still make a huge impact in the WWE. As of right now creative have tried pretty much everything, a massive change in character, new look, about a hundred new entrance themes and while they have gotten everything right and Emma is killing the work she is being given it's not enough. She's not getting pushed, she's not being given the long matches she deserves and it doesn't feel as though the WWE are taking her seriously enough. They have finally got onto something that works but what she needs is one big push and who better to help with that than Paul Heyman. There are plenty of options the WWE have when it comes to pushing Emma including moving her over to Smackdown LIVE but regardless of what brand she is on I really do believe that by putting her alongside Paul Heyman Emma will see a huge change in her career and her booking. She will have the extra depth her character needs and I really think the alliance could be something far more unique than anything else we have touched on today and could actually be a very very entertaining and interesting pairing. 

Ronda Rousey

I know, okay, I know, a lot of you reading this are not going to be happy nor surprised to see Ronda Rousey conclude this today's blog post. When I was taking my notes I had plenty of names down including Alicia Fox and Becky Lynch but when I really gave the post thought and paid attention to the list honestly I had to include Rousey. Just like Baszler who I spoke about earlier on in the post today, Ronda hasn't been signed by WWE just yet but over the past couple of years rumors of her
joining the company have been going crazy and with Ronda making more appearances for the WWE and focusing more on training we edge closer and closer to seeing her arrive inside a WWE ring. Back at the Mae Young Class the WWE continued to tease Rousey's in  ring WWE debut with the Four horsewomen of MMA vs the Four horsewomen of WWE match heavily teased. Over the past month I have spoken about that match a lot and what went down at the Mae Young Classic between those women but I am planning on writing a how I would book this match so keep an eye out for that post in the coming weeks! If that match does go ahead it opens new doors for Ronda, while it could so easily just be a one off match if impressive enough which I'm sure will be fans will want more from Ronda and if she can find herself at least working a part time contract than why on earth would the WWE not want to pair her with Heyman. Of course its basically the same thing we have seen with Lesnar but using that would be huge for the women's divison especially if she is booked to work as a free agent meaning she can appear on both RAW and Smackdown LIVE. Their paring would be magic and honestly while its controversial and people really do have mixed opinions I honestly think it would be huge and a massive massive success if done correctly.

There we have it! That is my little list. I had so much fun writing this post as always and while I wasn't feeling too well when I wrote this I really like the outcome and it was a really cool post to write. I do have a few similar posts coming up but for now you can let me know what you thought of today's post and who you would like to see as the first ever Paul Heyman girl by leaving a comment bellow or by dropping me a tweet over at @TezangiVictoria.

Recent Blog posts:
This Weeks WWE Monday Night RAW Best bits
Last Week in Wrestling
Six Must Opponents for Asuka on the Main Roster
Last Month in NXT (September)
WWE No Mercy Best Bits 2017

Comments

Popular Posts