NXT Stars to Watch Right now

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good and so far have had a good start to the week! For me so far, it's been an interesting one, busy, crazy but a long few days a head and I'm super excited. So a couple of weeks ago I uploaded a blog post taking a look back at the past month  in NXT. A new little series on my blog I decided that my last month in NXT posts will be uploaded on the last Thursday of every month and in last months article I mentioned that I wanted to start writing more content surrounding NXT and so today I have just that for you. In that past I have written several posts talking about NXT stars at that time I'm obsessed with and today I have my most recent edition. If you haven't read these types of posts here on my blog before don't expect to see the big names we're all going crazy over right now. This is the time I take out to pay attention to those up and comers, the ones we haven't seen all too much of but certainly ones to keep a close eye on and pay extra attention to. I am planning on making this another regular thing here, maybe not every month but every other month may just work out. This  any week I am planning on live tweeting throughout NXT so make sure you're following me over there. As for now, you can check out any recent blog posts including my WWE Hell in a Cell review which of course went up yesterday and recent top fives will also be linked bellow. Finally, you can let me know what you are currently thinking of NXT and who you believe we should all be paying attention to by leaving a comment bellow at the end or by dropping me a tweet over at @TezangiVictoria.

Bianca Belair

Kick starting today's blog post is a women I have been totally obsessed with for the past month and a women I have spoken about previously both here on my blog and over on social media, the new girl on the scene, Bianca Belair.  Honestly, I didn't know all too much about Bianca until the Mae Young Classic in August. I'd seen her brief appearances for NXT TV, a couple of videos the WWE had posed about her on their YouTube Channel and read a few articles but I didn't really have a huge opinion on her until of course we all got to see her performance at the Mae Young Classic. When I learnt that Belair would be taking part in the Mae Young Classic I was really interested to see what she has to bring to the table and boy did she impress. As one the least experienced competitors in the tournament Belair had plenty to prove and when pitted against some of the best in the world  Belair needed to find a way to standout and prove she was worthy of a place at such a prestigious event and she did just that. Competing in two matches, Belair grabbed the attention of the WWE universe and started up a conversation. Her first match against Sage Beckett while wasn't the best saw Bianca show the world what she is capable of. Going up against an opponent much bigger than her Belair used her speed, agility and strength to her advantage and was able to pick up the win thanks to a gorgeous spear! The second time round, Bianca was pitted against winner of the tournament, Kairi Sane, a much much more experienced opponent but yet again Belair impressed. She held her own and put on a fantastic performance in what would go on to be one of the best and standout matches of the entire tournament. Since that event we haven't seen all too much of Belair but it's clear the WWE and fans are very high on her. With the Mae Young Classic over with Bianca is now looking to gain momentum, making an even bigger impact and get started properly on the NXT roster. There are plenty of opportunities coming for the women of NXT and I strongly believe Bianca Belair is about to set the divison on fire. She's a young, fun, very skilled competitor with plenty to give. It's crazy to think just how fresh into the industry she is and just how damn good she is. The future is very very bright for Bianca and trust me when I say make sure to keep a very very close eye on her.

Velveteen Dream

The next NXT superstar I'm going to be talking about is one that you all were expecting to be in this list especially if you read my Last Month in NXT post a couple of weeks back. The Velveteen Dream is a man that has got quite a few members of the NXT universe talking. A very interesting, unique character there really is no one else like him on the roster or in fact in the WWE right now. A modern taken on the Goldust character the similarities between the two gimmicks with the Velveteen dream obviously needing to take things down a coupe of notches in the PG era. The character debuted a couple of months back and everyone had an opinion. When something different it's going to spark conversation and maybe a little controversy and that is exactly what we saw here. I initially loved that we were getting something new and different and long these lines, its something I feel as though the NXT and the WWE roster needs right now and its fun but I of course had my concerned. This is one hundred and ten percent the type of gimmick that will go down a treat in NXT but up on the main roster without the right direction, booking, and storylines will easily flop and very very quickly. Up until recently we haven't been seen all too much of the Velveteen Dream. A couple of matches here and there have allowed him to gain some kind of momentum picking up victories and cutting backstage promos/interviews that have seen a gain in his popularity but storyline's haven't been the direction the WWE have been going in until recently. Last month a heated and intense confrontation between the Dream and fan fave Aliester Black broke out on an episode of NXT. Now, I will link bellow the post where I spoke about this feud in more detail but what I will say for now is I loved everything about this segment. Not only a fave of the month but a fave of the year it really showed the Velveteen Dream for what his character has to offer and it's very exciting. We can expect to see this feud develop and the story to grow even more interesting but this is one hundred and ten percent the right next best move for the Velveteen Dream and while he may not get the win in the end the story will do him wonders and as he continues to grow in popularity trust me this is a man we are all going to be obsessed with!

Lars Sullivan 

Again, if you read my Last month in NXT post the next guy I'm about to talk about will come as no surprise. Lars Sullivan is someone I have been totally obsessed with for the past couple of months. Just like the other two superstars we have already spoken about today, we haven't seen all too much of Lars Sullivan. He's not a big famous indie star that got signed and everyone went crazy over. He shows what NXT is all about. The place for development, improvement, growth and learning and as he is finally set to make an impact in NXT I have to say I'm really really excited for this guy's future. A very interesting, different superstar, Lars is bringing something new and exciting to the table and again while he isn't full of bags of experience he has been very very impressive. A dominant, strong, powerhouse, Lars Sullivan sure is a man that standouts from the crowd. I've mentioned before he reminds me of a young Bruno Samartino and every single time I see him on my screen I think the exact same thing. Of course, being so fresh, we haven't learnt that much about him or seen much of his in ring skills but what we have seen of him I've really really enjoyed. Again, he really does need the right steps to be made and the right direction to be taken in but so far so good. He's coming across like a true powerhouse and all we need to do now is see more of his character. We need to understand his background a little more, what he's about and he's main focus. The WWE are going for a very typical story for him right now and I know I won't be the biggest fan because I am growing so bored of the same kind of thing when it comes to building a superstar like Lars Sullivan but I do believe that once this story is out of the way and the opportunities really come in Lars is going to shine even more and the NXT universe will really take a liking to him as long as the WWE take their time and don't rush with him.

Heavy Machinery 

Up next is a tag team. I really wanted to make sure to fit in a couple of tag teams in this post because as you know I love me some good tag team wrestling. I know I've said it plenty of times already recently here on my blog but there really is plenty to enjoy when it comes to tag team wrestling right now with so many promotions just getting it right when it comes to tag team wrestling including the WWE who seem to be presenting fans with plenty of amazing work from the divison up on the main roster. Down in NXT shuffle has meant that new teams have had to come into the spotlight and while it's hard to move on from the time that saw teams such as American Alpha, The revival, DIY and the Authors of Pain (who look to be joining the main roster very soon) we have to start paying attention to those new teams and give those guys a chance. Heavy Machinery are a team I've had my eye on for a couple of months and it's really now that I've found myself really enjoying these guys and interested in seeing more. I'll admit that when they first debuted I wasn't the biggest fan. It wasn't that I didn't like them I just weren't feeling them at the time. They didn't really standout for me and I didn't have much of an interest but this a team consisting of two very talented, powerhouses who clearly have so much passion and drive. They are still very new to the scene. While both have been in the NXT books for a while it's only recently we have started to see more of them on NXT TV and again they have been very impressive. They aren't massively different from what we have seen in the past but they have an old-school feel with a modern twist and it's very interesting. I really believe that once these guys get started and gain even more momentum and popularity we really are going to see some phenomenal matches from them and I'm super excited! Ina  dream world I would love to see these guys clash with War Machine!

Riddick Moss and Tino Sabbetelli

And to finish things off today we're going to keep on the tag team front as Riddick Moss and Tino Sabbetelli make the list.  Out of everyone I have spoken about in today's blog post these guys are the least I have spoken about both here on my blog and over on social media, maybe mentioning them only a couple of times. However, they just had to make the list because honestly I haven't been able to get enough of these two. I will admit that I am more natural drawn to Tino. Featuring on a WWE Network series, Tino is someone a lot of the WWE universe are familiar with because of that show. We got to learn more about his background and his journey to becoming a WWE superstar and since watching Breaking Ground I've wanted to see him step in the ring and show us what he really has to offer after coming across very impressive in what we saw of him during Breaking Ground. Since making more TV appearances Tino really has shined. He has a brilliant body I as a women can really appreciate and his move set looks to be entertaining to say the last with the more we see of him the more confident I am he really will impress. However, he's character is what grips me. He knows exactly what he's doing and how to make it work and I love it. I enjoy watching him and what the future holds for him. As for Riddick, I'm still getting used to him and trying to create an opinion. So far, again he has been very impressive. I love his look and he comes across very very confident in the ring and the potential is so clearly there and that could be said for both of them. He too nails he's character and comes across like a brilliant heel. As a team they work. They pick up real genuine heel heat which is refreshing and important and while I believe Tino in particular will and could so easily have a brilliant singles career I'm very very interested in watching these two grow and make their way into the tag team divison in NXT. They have both already lost to Johnny Gargano in singles action but their performances and character work has meant they have been two men I've shown a lot of interest in and had to include in today's post to conclude things.

And there we have it! As I said in the intro, I am planning on writing much more NXT based content but for now  you can check out any recent blog posts including my WWE Hell in a Cell review which of course went up yesterday and recent top fives will also be linked bellow. Finally, you can let me know what you are currently thinking of NXT and who you believe we should all be paying attention to by leaving a comment bellow at the end or by dropping me a tweet over at @TezangiVictoria.

Recent Blog posts:
Five Potential Paul Heyman Girls
This Weeks WWE Monday Night RAW Best bits
Last Week in Wrestling

Comments

Popular Posts