This Weeks WWE Monday Night RAW Best bits

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good and have had a good start to the week as per usual. So this up and coming Sunday the WWE will presented the two thousand and seventeen edition of the famous Hell in a Cell pay per view; an event that will be taken over by the men and women of Smackdown LIVE. With that in mind, this week there has been a change in the way things are done here and my upload schedule has obviously had a few adjustments. You will know that usually every Wednesday I upload my RAW and Smackdown LIVE highlights post where I take a look back at both shows and have a good old chit chat about the weeks action from both main shows, however, this Friday I will uploading my Hell in a cell Predictions and so that will involve plenty of talk about this weeks Smackdown LIVE, so instead as I did with the previous pay per view I will be writing a single blog post for the show not having a pay per view this weekend. This time round it means that today I will be taking a look back at last nights episode of Monday night RAW. I will be running you through some of the best moments, matches, segments and promos from the night. Of course things will be returning to normal next week here on my blog when it comes to highlight/review posts. One thing that hasn't changed is you can still have a say! Feel free to leave me a comment bellow telling me not only what you thought of this weeks episode of Monday night RAW but what your predictions are for Sunday's hell in a cell pay per view. Of course, I will be live tweeting throughout tonight's Smackdown LIVE and Sunday's pay per view. Finally, any recent blog posts will be linked bellow including my WWE No Mercy review from last week. With the intro done lets jump right into today's post!

Braun Strowman picks up Much Needed Momentum

If you read my No Mercy review last Monday (the link for that post will be listed bellow) you will know that I really did love the show. The night was full of fantastic must see matches, gripping storyline's and amazing moments, however, there were two things that stood out for me for negative reasons, and one of those booking decisions came from the main event. As a big time Braun Strowman fan I of course was backing the monster among men. Throughout the past year he has been nothing short of dominant, proving himself and proving he is more than worthy of becoming champion and honestly I thought his time was now. It was time for him to become champion and work a new part of his career and so I wasn't happy at all with the results. A week later and I'm still not over the moon with the results but I can at least understand and accept them and so we have to look forward. I was honestly worried about the directions the WWE would take Strowman in after losing to Lesnar at No Mercy. I didn't want to see a dramatic change in how he's booked or how he comes across and I really wanted them to make sure he continued to work as one of the biggest names on the roster and he's booking remained very very strong. So far the WWE have done just that. He's bounced back just fine and he's gaining momentum back just fine. During last weeks show he picked up a big victory over Dean Ambrose and this week he went one on one with Ambrose's tag team partner, Seth Rollins and again picked up big win. Ambrose and Rollins are big names in the WWE, they're current champions and Braun picking up these victories really will work in his favor. He still looks like extremely dominant and the future continues to look very very bright for our favourite monster.

Kurt Angle Introduces newest member to Cruiserweight Division

One of my favourite moments of the night during this weeks episode of Monday night RAW came from yet again the cruiserweight divison. If you follow me on twitter or read my blog enough I'm sure you will know that I am not an Enzo Amore fan. I strongly dislike him, he doesn't keep entertained during matches and I don't back the decision to make him Cruiserweight champion at all. However, saying that, I have really enjoyed what we have seen over the past couple of weeks. Enzo isn't a good wrestler, plain and simple, a good mic worker, yes and he really has found this side of his character that works. He's annoying, obnoxious, irritating and he's playing on that. All the negative feedback he's had he's using to fuel his character and even though I hate to admit it, it's working. I was entertained last week and I was entertained this week. He comes across like a real heel. You don't like him. Sure you say along to his entrance and catch phrases but he's irritating, he gets under your skin and you have a big opinion of him and again, I hate to admit it but he is doing wonders for the Cruiserweight divison. He's list roast on all the members of the cruiserweight divison was amazing and a highlight of the night. The fact no one could touch him either made things even better. Again, he plays that part of his character so well! He makes us feel something and I like that even if it does mean I strongly dislike him. I'm interested to see what happens next with his character, his story and his title reign and with the entire cruiserweight divison against him it makes for a gripping, entertaining story I totally love. Now, the main part of this segment saw Enzo play on the fact that no one in the divison could touch him after what happened last when RAW went off air however, Kurt Angle soon made an appearance announcing that while everyone that surrounded him could not touch him the rules didn't apply for the newest member of the Cruiserweight divison who would be revealed to be Kalisto. I know it wasn't a huge moment for many people and I didn't totally mark out but Kalisto is one heck of a performer. A fantastic wrestler with so much to give I'm really excited to see him join the divison and hopefully really show the world what he is capable of. He had that moment in the spotlight when he was the US Champion but since then nothing has been there for him and I hope that changes now that he has something new. He's attack on Enzo put him in the spotlight and he looked really really good. Another strong week for the Cruiserweight divison.

Mickie James Proves a point

Honestly, when it comes to the women's divison I don't have much to say. With Asuka's debut coming up very soon there is a lot to be excited about and things do look promising. This week booking for the division was kept very basic. We got a pretty lengthy tag team match between Sasha Banks and Bayley and Emma and Alicia Fox, of course I was over the moon to see Alicia Fox on my TV. I've always said I'm a fan of hers and I really do wish the WWE would use her more on TV. The main piece of work we saw from the divison came from the title picture where Mickie James is currently building her way up to a shot at challenging the current champ Alexa Bliss and capturing gold. I mentioned in last weeks RAW highlights post that I loved the fact the WWE were finally giving Mickie a story. She really is such a key figure in women's wrestling and the women's divison in the WWE and they really have treated her like a joke since her return earlier on in the year. The current feud between James and Bliss stems from comments the champ made last week after her successful title defense. The story isn't big or have great meaning, it's basic but it works. Mickie is an older superstar in the divison, Alexa is much younger and she's playing on that and right now, so far I really like what we're seeing. I would like to see a slightly more serious side to their feud to make it a little more intense but it's early days and so far so good. During the show last night Mickie came very very close to picking up a victory over Nia Jax but of course Bliss interfered leaving a DQ ending, James then took out the champ standing tall to end things this week. It's interesting seeing Bliss and Nia work as best friends again but I like their chemistry so i can't complain too much. I love the work between Alexa and Mickie and again, so far so good.

So... What about the Miztourage? 

Honestly, can anyone deny the fact that the Miz is one of the best things in wrestling today? He's an all round star. Good in the ring, fantastic character, brilliant on the mic and totally captivating. Throughout the years he has had many highs and lows during his career but he has now found himself right where he belongs and in the best most fitting position he has ever been in and I'm loving it. The past year he has been on a role, killing it in storyline's matches and proving he really is worthy of a big push and the biggest spotlight. Last week saw a feud between the current IC champ and Roman Reigns kick start and straight away i was excited. The Miz has always did a fantastic job pushing Roman and creating a lot of heat and intensity and after what we saw last week Reigns was given a title match this week honestly I was really excited. Everything we saw go down during last weeks show made me super excited for this feud and I knew a title match was coming. Last the two competed in what was my favourite match of the night and the clear standout. I was surprised at just how much i enjoyed the actual match which is awesome but the character work and in ring physiology was brilliant and on a new level completely. Everything from the Miz doing the Shield entrance with Axel and Dallas to how he worked in the ring was brilliant. He oozes confidence and I love it. He was able to retain the championship due to outside interference and while Reigns picked up the DQ win of course the title didn't change hands. After the match however, we got even more
action. Cesaro and Sheamus had set their sights on Roman Reigns attacking the former champion and it made for an excellent part of the show. The numbers were totally against Reigns again something I'm sure he didn't think would be a case after taking out the Miztourage moments before the title match kick started but the new alliance of Cesaro and Sheamus and The Miz meant that once again Reigns was at a disadvantage. The beat down was done very well! I loved every second and I was honestly on the edge of my seat waiting for Ambrose and Rollins to come out but of course the WWE are still leaving us on edge waiting. I am interested in seeing what happens from this point on wards. Cesaro and Sheamus will be appearing on Miz TV next week but it's interesting. After what we saw last night I'm not even thinking about the Miztourage, they don't feel needed anymore with the team of the Miz and Cesaro and Sheamus looking much stronger and far more threatening. It does leave the question; what is next for the Miztourage and their role in this story.

 The Shield reunion and RAW Highlights conclusion

And of course the final segment we have to touch on in this weeks RAW Highlights post is the Shield reunion. Okay, so it didn't happen last night but we got very very close and boy were the WWE good little teases yesterday. All three superstars, Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins, and Roman Reigns had a rough night falling flat and with their feuds now having a connection with Sheamus and Cesaro working with The Miz to take out Reigns we edge closer to the trio once again working together. Last night yet again proved just how much fans are desperate to see this happen and I honestly got myself far too excited last night during those closing moments. While I hate the wait I'm really glad the WWE are not just giving us what we want straight away, it makes the moment even better when it finally happens and it's getting me even more excited and anticipating that moment even more! When it does happen this really is going to be an epic moment!

To conclude this weeks RAW was okay. There was nothing huge and the work from the Miz was hands down the highlight of the night with the Cruiserweights also standing out massively. Of course I would love to know what you guys think so feel free to leave a comment bellow letting me know what you thought of last nights show and your predictions for Hell in a cell and finally, any recent blog posts will be linked bellow!

Recent blog posts:
Last Week in Wrestling
Six Must Opponents for Asuka on the Main Roster
Last Month in NXT (September)
WWE No Mercy Best Bits 2017
My Current Favorite Tag Teams



Comments

Popular Posts