This weeks RAW and Smackdown LIVE Highlights

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good and have had a nice start to the week! So we have reached the middle point of yet another week and are very close to entering the final month of the year! I cannot believe just how quickly the past month has gone. It's been such a crazy four weeks for me with so much happening but I do feel as though I'm slowly getting back on track! Of course, because we have reached another Wednesday it's time to take a look back at this week's episodes of RAW and Smackdown LIVE and the highlights of both those shows. I personally, I did enjoy Smackdown LIVE a little more this week with RAW falling downhill and not coming across as strong as previous shows recently but we still got plenty to talk about and discuss in today's blog post for both shows. Coming up throughout the rest of the week we have my review of the past month in NXT along with a brand new post that should be starting something fresh and exciting here on my blog but I will get into talking about that later on in the week. For now, any recent blog posts will be linked bellow including last weeks NXT Takeover: War Games and Survivor Series review/Highlights posts and every post from this week so far. Finally, you can let me know what you thought of this weeks episodes of RAW and Smackdown LIVE by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me over at @TezangiVictoria.

It all Makes sense Now

So we kick-start another blog post off with the one and only, Paige. It was last week that we saw the former Divas champion make her WWE ring after over a year out of action. Alongside her was debuting NXT stars, Mandy Rose and Sonya Deville. As I mentioned last week and during this weeks episode of RAW, I didn't understand this group at all. While both Sonya and Mandy were apart of Tough Enough the same Season Paige was a judge I couldn't see any other connection between the three superstars. All three characters are so different and it didn't make sense to me at all, however, during this weeks episode of Monday night RAW some light was shone on the situation and things did actually start to make sense. With Paige reminding everyone she was the reason the word Diva longer existed in the WWE and the fact there would be no revolution in the women's division without her things started to make sense. We got to hear from both Mandy Rose and Sonya Deville and from what they had to say we can take from that that the two former Tough Enough competitors idolise Paige. Thet remember what she has done for the women's division and have pledged allegiance to Paige and honestly after hearing from them both I can definitely get behind this more and I am really excited to see where Absolution goes in the near future.

DELETE! DELETE! DELETE!

Okay, I'm gonna say it, I haven't enjoyed what we have seen from Matt Hardy since his return this past Wrestlemania. I've sat back and waited to see a sign of a broken Hardy making an arrival in the WWE but they really have made us wait and actually his booking since Jeff got injured hasn't been on the strong side what so ever. This week, however, Matt went one on one with Bray Wyatt and after losing to the former WWE champion it looked as though we had finally seen Broken Matt realsed. This is something we all knew was going to happen at some point but as I mentioned, the WWE really did make us wait. I don't feel as though this is something that is done and dusted, I still believe this will work great, will massively go over and is exactly the direction the WWE needed to take with Matt. It may not have been the original plan but I'm all for it and very very excited to see where things go. I also have to touch on the fact that broken Matt vs Bray Wyatt is still a feud I really want to see and if done right could be pretty damn epic!

Roman Reigns' Intercontinental Championship Reign Begins

So there is no denying the simple fact that the Miz may just be the best Intercontinental champion in WWE history. When he dropped the title last week to Reigns I honestly had mixed opinions. In my dream world I would be very happy having the Miz has IC champion forever but at the time, with him going off to film another movie there really is no denying that Roman Reigns was the next best option. The now grand slam champion kick-started his reign last night when he defends his title for the first time again Elias. Again, I originally had mixed opinions. I didn't want to see Elias married and I really did think that was where things were going to go but in the end what we actually got was my favourite match of the night. I will be talking about this in more detail later on in the week but what I will say for now is the match really did allow Elias to show what he is capable of the ring and go over without taking the victory. The night, however, was far from over for the new champ who was attacked by Samoa Joe to close the segment. Honestly? I liked it. This was my personal favourite section of the show. All three superstars had a good showing and I was very happy with the result overall.

The Bludgeon Brothers continue their Path of Destruction

Last week saw the in-ring return of Luke Harper and Erick Rowan debuting the Bludgeon brothers and boy did they make an impact. While their match was kept very short and sweet it allowed them to really come across as a dominant force in the tag team division. This week we saw a repeat of last when they defeated the hype bros early on in another dominant performance. Harper and Rowan have always had fantastic chemistry and it's been clear from day one that while they have great potential as singles stars when they are together we get their best work. There have been plenty of times the WWE has had the chance to push these two as a tag team but got it wrong over and over again, however, I really do feel as though now is there time. The direction the WWE is going in with them right now is perfect, the gimmick works, and they really are coming across as a powerful and dominant team to really keep your eyes on.

The Riott Squad make their In-Ring Debut

Okay, so as we already touched on, last week saw five talents from the NXT women's division arrive on the main roster, three of those women moving over to Smackdown LIVE. Liv Morgan, Ruby Riott, and Sarah Logan are all very very talented, very different, and very deserving of their spot on the roster. They all are bringing something fun and exciting to the division are exactly what it needed, however, unlike the little group Paige has put together this one doesn't quite make as much sense and the motive behind why exactly these three women are working together. It doesn't make sense, it's very random and it does feel far more forced than what we are seeing over on RAW. However, this week all three women made a good strong impact and I did prefer the style of beatdown we saw between these three. Their attack specifically on Naomi was done so well and for me, Sarah Logan really is impressing. I'm looking forward to seeing Ruby, Liv and Sarah work singles matches on the main roster just so they can really show their individual strengths.

The Road to Night of Champions begins

And finally, we have to touch on the next up and coming WWE pay per view, Night of Champions. The night will see every Smackdown LIVE championship on the line and during last nights episode of Smackdown, we saw that card look to shape up a little bit. The tag team division at the moment is stacked and I am planning on writing a post on that very soon so keep an eye out for that! With such a stacked division the Usos have plenty of competition waiting for them. While over in the women's
division the new arrivals mean champion, Charlotte also has a lot of competition behind her. This weeks show saw Bobby Roode look to become Baron Corbin's next challenger for the United States championship, something I predicted in a previous blog post and of course, we also saw Jinder Mahal take his frustrations out on his allies the Singh brothers after the pair lost their match to AJ Styles.

Overall, both shows were pretty weak this week. I didn't really enjoy either but saying that I do feel as though there is enough to look forward to and I do think that things will pick up again very soon!any recent blog posts will be linked bellow including last weeks NXT Takeover: War Games and Survivor Series review/Highlights posts and every post from this week so far. Finally, you can let me know what you thought of this weeks episodes of RAW and Smackdown LIVE by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me over at @TezangiVictoria.

Recent Blog Posts:
5 Wrestlers Outside the WWE You should be Watching
Last Week in Wrestling

Comments

Popular Posts