Five Survivor Series 2017 Standouts

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good and have had an awesome week! Before we get started with today's blog post I just wanted to mention that over the next thew weeks there may be a change to my upload times and days. This past Tuesday my grandad passed away and I'm spending a lot of time grieving and being with family. I will be getting back on track as soon as possible and I will live tweet again when I can because I've moved in with my Nan for a little bit things are just all over the place but I will be back on track as soon as I can be. Anyway, looking at today's post, we are once again focusing on this past weekend's Survivor Series pay per view. The only show of the year that sees Smackdown LIVE and Monday night RAW go head to head and boy was it an epic event. Noted in recent blog posts as one of my personal favorite WWE pay per views of the year a lot went down and the matches themselves were all pretty damn decent, to say the least. In Monday's blog post I did review some of the show taking a look back at some of the highlights of the event but in today's post, we are going to be focusing on individual standouts. I mentioned in my review that this was a post I wanted to write up for you guys because as I touched on earlier in the week the Survivor Series pay per view was jam-packed full of individual standout stars that I really wanted to talk about today. As always, any recent blog posts will be linked bellow and you can let me know what you thought of today's post and who you believe to be some of the biggest Survivor Series standouts by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me over at @TezangiVictoria.

Shinsuke Nakamura


One of my personal favorite matches of the Survivor Series pay per view was the main event, the men’s traditional five on five elimination match. With two of the strongest formed teams in the pay per vies history it was safe to assume this was going to be a strong impressive match up possible of being listed as one of the best of twenty-seventeen. Now, I personally didn’t feel as though the match was as strong as I was expecting but it was a good, solid match none the less and remains one of my personal favas of the night. As I mentioned in my review this past Monday there were several superstars that stood out during this match, but no one did so more than former NXT Champion Shinsuke Nakamura. I’ve touched on the fact that I haven’t been the biggest fan of what we have seen from Shinsuke since his arrival on the main roster with none of his singles matches really living up to what we saw from him down in NXT, however, this past Sunday, Nakamura was hands down one of the strongest performers of the night. Eliminated far too soon, in my opinion, Nakamura was still one of the guys In the match that spent the most amount of time competing. He squared off with almost the entire red side at one stage or more of this match and showed his skill, versatility, and experience in a rather short space. He was one of the strongest workers for team Blue and it was his performance on this night that reminded me why I’ve always been such a huge Nakamura fan and only made me want to see more from him again.

Alexa Bliss

Something tells me we're going to be talking about a lot of former NXT talent in today's blog post as the current RAW women's champion Alexa Bliss is up next! As predicted in my Survivor Series prediction post last Friday, Alexa Bliss had her best in-ring performance to date when she went head to head with the Smackdown LIVE Women's champion, Charlotte. In a far stronger position than she was the last time, Bliss challenged Flair little miss five feet of fury made a huge impact when she squared off against the queen taking what of the most decorated champions in WWE today to the limit. I mentioned in Mondays review that I was delighted to see these two women given a pretty lengthy amount of time to compete this weekend, it gave them the chance to take part in a brilliant match that can easily be noted as one of the best matches from the division this year while also allowing both Bliss and Charlotte to once again showing what they as individual superstars are capable of. This was a battle of the goddess and the queen, two women who believe they are the best at what they do and it was a success. Bliss despite not quite being at the level Charlotte is at pushed her opponent to the limit and her attitude, fight, passion and sheer in-ring talent meant that Alexa walked out an even bigger star despite failing to pick up the victory. Bliss really has done a lot over the past year and a half that has highlighted her as one of the leading faces in the women's division but after this performance, there is no denying she is one of the best all-around stars. 

The Usos

Tag team wrestling in the WWE has been on the top massively over the past few years and that really was proven this past weekend at both NXT Takeover and Survivor Series. One of the standout teams of not only the pay per view or the weekend but the entire year was the Usos. You guys know that I've haven't always been the biggest fan of Jimmy and Jey but since turning heel these two have raised the bar and my opinions have changed greatly! The pair are natural heels and this new character/role they have taken on has changed the way many fans view the duo. Their credibility has increased and while they have always been division standouts they've reached new heights over the past year. Throughout twenty seventeen the Usos have been delivering standout performances and this past Sunday they did it once again. Taking on the RAW tag team champions Sheamus and Cesaro the Usos represented Smackdown LIVE perfectly picking up a much-needed victory for team blue. It was their fast-paced action and high energy kept fans entertained and invested and their sheer athleticism and in-ring skill made this yet another standout contest for the tag team division. 

Braun Strowman 

The next superstar featuring in this blog post will come as no surprise as yet again the monster among men, Braun Strowman is highlighted as superstar standout for another pay per view. Standing as RAW's biggest playing card, Strowman was by far the most dominant force in this match and of the entire Survivor Series pay per view. Always noted as Smackdown LIVE's biggest threat, Strowman took out every superstar that stood in his way and after taking out the more than one member of the opposing team, Braun was the biggest standout of the match. After the red teams, captain (Kurt Angle) was taken out by fellow RAW member Triple H Strowman's face said it all, the face turn was on the way. After Triple H picked up the victory to give Monday night RAW the win of the night, Strowman took his time before attacking Triple and sending a huge message. So not only did Braun work as the most dominant and effective star of the whole pay per view leading ream RAW but his attack on Triple H dawned a new beginning for the monster among men and I have to say I'm very very excited.

Tamina

And finally, a name I'm really excited about being able to mention in today's blog post, Tamina Snuka. Unfortunately, due to poor booking and weaker following, I don't get to write much about Tamina but over the past year or so we have seen more from her and she has had a number of standout performances throughout twenty seventeen and to add to that list was what we saw from her this past weekend at Survivor Series. Again, one of the most dominant forces of this match, Tamina stood out and finally picked up a crowd reaction she deserved. Her head to head square off with Nia Jax was one of the biggest and best parts of the women's traditional five on five elimination match and the spots she performed along with how well she worked as part of the team Tamina was a clear highlight of the night and while I'm sure for many of you have plenty of other names you would have put in this space but I personally really did enjoy watching Tamina this weekend and I just had to include her.

And there we have it! As I just touched on, there were plenty of other names I wanted to mention in today's post but wanted to keep things short and sweet. I'd like to thank everyone for their support this week and I promise things will get back on track here as soon as possible. As always, any recent blog posts will be linked bellow and you can let me know what you thought of today's post and who you believe to be some of the biggest Survivor Series standouts by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me over at @TezangiVictoria.

Recent Blog Posts:

Comments

Popular Posts