5 Wrestlers Outside the WWE You should be Watching

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good and have had a good start to the week! I mentioned in yesterday's blog post that I'm trying my best to upload as much as I can this week despite everything going on in my personal life, however, do expect that there may be some days that I do miss and live tweeting throughout every show may take time to get back into but I'm on it! In today's blog post I thought I would do something a little different. I've spent a lot of time recently looking at the WWE and I really wanted to have a little break from that scene and pay extra attention to wrestlers outside the WWE. In previous blog posts, I've touched on the fact that there are so many other wrestling promotions I watch outside the WWE including ICW, Lucha Underground, NJPW, Progress and more however, I don't write about them and the stars competing for those promotions as often as I would like, that is going to change, starting today! Focusing on some of my personal favorite wrestlers outside the WWE today I'm going to be listing six pro wrestlers I've been obsessed with for the past five years! Some of these guys I'm going to be talking about today I've spoken about in other posts but I did want to shake things up and add a few new and different names also. These are all competitors I believe you should all check out and be obsessed with also! This is the start of new posts to come like this but I also want to touch on the fact that next week I will start uploading my of the year season where I will be taking a look at match of the year, WWE superstar, female superstar and NXT superstar of the year as well as a few other new categories also! As always, any recent blog post will be linked bellow and you can let me know what you thought of today's blog post and who you would have included in the list by leaving a comment or by tweeting me over at @TezangiVictoria.

Marty Scrull

I'm kicking starting today's blog post off with a name I'm  confident you all would have expected to feature and a man I'm sure you are all already totally obsessed with, the villain, Marty Scrull. In two thousand and seventeen alone, I have spent a great deal of time talking about Marty both here on my blog and over on social media but again, I just had to include him in another. When talking about pro wrestlers I'm loving right now, Marty is right at the top. When you take a look at some of the top performing stars of the year Marty is a name that pops up on everyone's list. While he's been on the scene for a while a popular name here in the UK twenty seventeen saw Scrull raise to new heights breaking America on a new scale. Competing for promotions around the world including Ring Of Honor, he also joined Bullet club in a shocking and memorable episode of ROH. In terms of his in-ring performance, Marty has been fantastic. He's competed in top quality matches against several top stars including the likes of Will Ospreay and Adam Cole. With such an amazing year behind him the future is looking very bright for Osprey and I cannot wait to see more of him!

Jimmy Havoc 

Up next is another British star in Jimmy Havoc. Now, I have mentioned Jimmy in previous blog posts but I haven't spoken about him half as much as I would like. Havoc has been a huge part of hardcore wrestling for years and has competed in some truly epic matches throughout his career so far. In an up and coming blog post, I am going to be listing some of the most extreme stars in pro wrestling today and you can expect Mr. Havoc to be a heavy feature in that. Focusing on today's topic, however, and Jimmy Havoc really is a man I cannot get enough of and someone I seriously recommend all fans check out and do some research on. While his style won't be to everyone's taste Jimmy is a captivating, modern, and dedicated character that is entertaining a certain type of audience to a massive degree. One of the most fearless and intense guys on the pro wrestling today,  Jimmy Havoc is a man every wrestling fan should be obsessed with!

Cage

Focusing on Lucha Underground now and if you know me you know that I am a huge Lucha fan! I spend far too much time talking about and watching the product and while it is controversial it continues to be one of the most original, unique and captivating promotions in pro wrestling today. Full of interesting characters and brilliant in-ring performers it's hard to pick out just one or two I believe you should all be obsessed with but one of the first names that came to mind was Cage. A man I'm sure once again you will all be aware of I'm confident that some of you reading this may be a little confused as to why Cage of all people on the roster would feature in today's blog post but hear me out. While he doesn't possess the most original and unique character Cage is someone that has been impressing and delivering whenever he is put in front of us. I have a list of matches I have enjoyed greatly that he has been apart of and again, while I'm not the biggest fan of his character work and some of the storyline's he has taken part in when it comes to wrestling he's right up there. For his size Cage is capable of doing a heck of a lot in the ring and it's his agility and ability to make everyone he does look so easy is one of the more captivating parts of him as a pro wrestler.

Mickey Whiplash

Back to the British Wrestling scene now and we have a man that I've definitely spoken about a great deal in the past here on my blog, Mickey Whiplash. When I was getting back into watching the British Wrestling scene Mickey was one of the first names I came across and honestly I was hooked from the beginning. A very striking, different and unique character Whiplash brought a strong sense of controversy to everything he did from his style in the ring to his character work but it's all something I was totally obsessed with and still am to this day. His work this year in my personal opinion storyline wise has been some of his best! Mickey's character is very extreme, very out there and I understand that there will be many who don't like it or take to it very well but if you are a fan of those more out there and unique styles then this is something you're going to love. His in ring skill is also right up there. A veteran, Whiplash has been in the industry for over fifteen years and knows the ins and outs of this business and it shows. A skilled professional his work with younger talent has elevated them while keeping Whiplash one of the most entertaining and intense stars in pro wrestling today!

Mil Muertes

And finally, we had back to the Lucha Underground roster now to touch on a man that honestly I cannot get enough of, Mil Muertes. As I said, I've been watching Lucha Underground religiously since around season two and Mill Muertes has been a talent on the roster I've been totally obsessed with. A fantastic heel, this is one of the most out there and original characters in wrestling right now
yet have a true old school feel to it. Lucha Underground has done a fantastic job with Mil Muertes from day one and he continues to be a Lucha Underground stand out. A monster of a man, Muertes is someone you are instantly drawn to and captivated by, however, it's not just character he is bringing to the table. Throughout his career, Mil Muertes has been apart of some brilliant matches and some of my personal favorite Lucha Underground bouts of all time. At forty-two he is the oldest man to feature on this list but his age and size do not hold him back in the slightest. Working with talents in their twenties he is delivering standout quality matches and remaining as one of the biggest stars on the Lucha Underground roster.

And there we have it! That is my list, this was a little rushed but I'm happy with the names listed and I'm excited to upload more content like this. As always, any recent blog post will be linked bellow and you can let me know what you thought of today's blog post and who you would have included in the list by leaving a comment or by tweeting me over at @TezangiVictoria.

Recent Blog Posts:
Last Week in Wrestling
Returns, Debuts and new Champions: This weeks RAW and Smackdown LIVE Highlights
Five Survivor Series 2017 Standouts

Comments

Popular Posts