5 Best Current NXT Tag Teams

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good and so far have had a nice start to the first full week of November. I know we're all saying it but I honestly cannot believe it's November already and the Christmas countdown has begun. I have so many fun blog posts coming up that I cannot wait to write and get out there for you guys and that involves of the year season.This week I will start writing my lists and notes for my Of the year season which is where I take a look back at the past twelve months in wrestling and countdown some of the best matches, superstars, female superstars, NXT stars and so on of the past year. I absolutely love writing those posts and I can't wait for those to start going up in December! For today, however, I'm going to kick-starting something else new here, a mini NXT season. I've really been enjoying the weekly product from the WWE's developmental territory. I've always been the biggest NXT fan and recently I've taken extra time out to go back and watch some classic moments while also enjoying the recent work. One thing that has stood out to me over the past twelve months, in particular, is the tag team division. NXT is known for starting the women's evolution in the WWE with the four horsewomen starting out there and while that's all so amazing and deserves all the recognition in the world lets not take anything away from the NXT tag team division. Throughout the years the likes of the Wyatt's, American Alpha, Buddy Murthy and Wesley Blake, the Vaudevillians, and of course the Revival to name just a few have made their way through NXT and delivered some truly outstanding tag team action. Today, the roster is jam-packed full of amazing talent and in today's blog post I want to take some time out highlight some of the best current tag teams in NXT. This is the first of a couple of NXT posts to come this week so I hope you enjoy! As always, any recent blog posts will be linked below and you can let me know what you thought of today's blog post by leaving a comment below or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

The Authors of Pain

We kick start today's blog post off with a team I'm confident you were all expecting to see feature, former NXT tag team champions, the Authors of Pain. Over the past year, I've written about these guys in several different blog posts highlighting them as ones to watch, ones with great potential, one of the best tag teams in the wrestling industry right now. When they first burst on the scene, however, I just like many others had my doubts. These two are not big indie talents the WWE signed fresh off an ROH run like several other NXT stars but instead stood for everything NXT is about. Fresh talent, new, and raw. These guys have gone through all the steps in NXT, climbed the ladder and more than earned the right to be named one of the best. The competition in the NXT tag team division has always been so high and so when these two did look to break out they really needed to make an impact. Young, full of potential, monsters of men, their build had them standing out on image alone and with Paul Ellering by their side, Akam and Rezar had everything they needed to make an impact in NXT and that's exactly they did. Each week they looked to prove doubters wrong, improved with their in-ring work and became key figures in the division. Their bouts with the Revival and DIY where highlights of their career along with an epic matchup against TM61 (a match people don't talk about enough). They have proven themselves time and time again, grown in popularity, achieved greatness in NXT and now as they come towards the end of their un in developmental the future looks very very bright for these two and I'm super excited for what is to come.

Street Profits

Again, if you have been following me for the past few months I'm sure you will be aware of the fact that I have been nothing short of obsessed with the Street Profits. A very fun, exciting new tag team, Montez Ford and Angelo Dawkins have a natural chemistry that oozes onto your screen. Their charisma and energy have the fans up on their seats louder than ever every single time their music hits and talking of music, I've literally been playing their entrance theme nonstop for the past two months! Fans have mentioned how much the two reminded them of the Usos and the New Day and honestly, I totally get them. Their likability, talent, charisma and character work reminds me too of two of the best tag teams on the modern day WWE tag team roster and with their popularity growing so quickly and so strongly I can honestly see the two going on to achieve great things just like those two iconic teams. Now, unlike some of the guys we're going to be talking about in today's post we haven't seen all too much of the Street Profits just yet, however, I know I personally have loved what we have seen from them so far. Their party loving, carefree attitude is fun to watch and they bring something really fun and exciting to the table. I cannot wait to see more from them in the ring and see as they grow to become true standouts in the division as I'm sure once they really get going their matches will be beyond impressive. I also have to touch on how happy I am for Angelo Dawkins who really has been on the NXT scene for a long time!

TM61

When I was thinking about this blog post I realized just how stacked the NXT tag team division is right now. There are so many amazing teams on the roster we just aren't currently seeing them all in action. The focus has been so heavy on Sanity, the Undisputed Era and the Authors of Pain that it can be easy to forget about some of those other teams apart of the division. One team that really stands out for me and has done from day on is TM61. The Australian duo is two very internationally popular stars who have grown in popularity over the years thanks to their amazing careers outside of the WWE. Since arriving on NXT land the two have been apart of some epic matches but due to injuries and other teams getting a push we haven't seen as much of these two as I would have liked, however, I'm hoping that does change soon and we get to see more of them and the two finally are able to start making an impact. If you're not too familiar with their work seriously go and check them out! We haven't been able to see too much of their character work but these are two naturally funny guys with so much to give and when they really get going they will most certainly take the division to new heights... quite literally.

Sanity

Of course, I just had to include the current NXT tag team champions, Sanity. Yet again, I have been the biggest Sanity from day one. I remember watching their debut what must have been around a year ago and being totally in awe. Massively unique, captivating, interesting and entertaining everything from their entrance, to the music, to the mystery surrounding them, had these guys standing out. They were a breath of fresh air in NXT and I've been nothing but obsessed. Their arrival was so out of the blue, such a surprise yet has done so so well and since that night the foursome has grown to become one of the best things in NXT today. Now, I know Sawyer Fulton is no longer apart of the WWE (my heart hurts over this) but he really was the perfect fit for the role and did a great job but Killian Dane also has proven to be an excellent member. It might not feel as natural with him in my personal opinion but he fitted in perfectly, his role is clear and it works. Nikki Cross is the perfect addition and Eric Young really ties this team together. They're a huge part of NXT right now delivering fantastic matches and being apart of brilliant storyline's/feuds, these guys are super exciting and fun to watch!

The Undisputed Era

And finally, we have the team I'm sure a lot of you were waiting for me to touch on, the Undisputed Era. While they haven't been on the NXT scene for long the team of Bobby Fish and Kyle O'Riley have been around for quite some time, killing it on the indie scene. Adam Cole too has been a huge
part of the indie scene and someone I've really been enjoying watching over the past year and a half or so. Throughout their carers, they have all been apart of some epic matches and so far they have continued to do so delivering in NXT. We haven't seen the WWE focus too heavily on O'Riley and Fish as a tag team but once that is played on more these two are for sure going to take control of the division and the types of matches we can expect really are something to be excited about! These guys have only been apart of the roster since August but already have made such a big impact and things only look to be getting better and stronger for the fan faves.

And there we have it! That is my list! I had so much fun writing this post as always. This week I am going to be focusing on NXT quite a bit and I have a few more posts coming up later on in the week focusing on the roster there. For now, however, you can let me know what you thought of today's blog post by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me over at @TezangiVictoria. As always, any recent blog posts will be linked bellow also.



Recent Blog Posts:
Last Month in NXT (OCTOBER)
This weeks RAW and Smackdown LIVE Best Bits
Last Week in Wrestling

Comments

Popular Posts