WWE NXT Takeover: War Games

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good and so far have had a good week! So this up and coming Saturday we will see the latest NXT Takeover event, NXT Takeover: War Games. The stacked card will see the sixth NXT Women's champion crowned, Drew McIntyre defends his NXT Championship against Andrade Cien Almas, and for the first time in twenty years, War Games returns. Honestly, the WWE really are treating us this weekend and I cannot wait for this particular show. Takeover events never ever fail and this looks to be one of the strongest cards we have had all year round. In today's blog post I'm going to be taking a look at the card and making my final bold prediction for NXT Takeover; War Games. Tomorrow, I will be uploading my Survivor Series predictions at the same time so keep an eye out for those! I will, of course, be live tweeting throughout both shows this weekend also with reviews for Both takeover and Survivor Series going up over the course of the next week. I know I've been a little behind when it comes to live-tweeting but I should be home in time for both these shows which means I can get back to normal. That does also mean that I will be live tweeting throughout RAW and Smackdown LIVE next week too. As always, any recent blog post will be linked below including this week's RAW and Smackdown LIVE highlights post. Finally, you can have your say and get involved let me know what your predictions are for NXT Takeover: War Games by dropping a comment below or by tweeting me over at @TezangiVictoria.

Who will be Crowned the new NXT Women's Champion? 


It was around two months ago we saw Asuka vacate the NXT Women's championship after over five hundred day reign. Suffering a collarbone injury, it was announced that the empress of tomorrow would be making her much anticipated main roster debut once she had recovered from her injury. Since that episode of NXT, every female superstar on the roster has had their eyes firmly set on the championship and be crowned only the sixth NXT Women's champion in history. With general manager William Regal setting up a number of opportunities and qualifying matches including a Battle Royal it was Peyton Royce, Ember Moon, and Nikki Cross who earned the right to compete at NXT Takeover: War Games joining Mae Young classic winner Kairi Sane. The fatal four way is currently looking rather promising and with a valid argument behind each competitor any one of these women could walk out as champion

Now, what I love about this match is just how unpredictable it is. It's one of the matches on the card that really could go anyway with every single competitor having what it takes and reason to be crowned the new champ. but who exactly will walk out with gold around their waist? First up we have Peyton Royce. The Australian superstar has been apart of the roster the longest out of these four women and has grown massively throughout her time as part of the NXT Women's division. She's had a couple of standout moments and her alliance with Billie Kay is one of the best things going in the division right now. Will she walk out as champion? Well, she is currently a pretty big favorite amongst fans. Petyon would be a very different kind of champion to what we have seen in the past and it will be very interesting seeing what the WWE will do with her as champ and with Kay by her side. Ember Moon is another that fits into the "should have been champion by now" picture. Taking part in several strong matches, Ember has come so close yet so far away from taking home the NXT Women's champion. Arguably, Asuka's greatest rival, Ember has always been championship material and I am honestly surprised to see her get this far without a title run. We then have the Kairi Sane, winner of the Mae Young classic. While we haven't seen as much of her on WWE TV, Kairi is the fan favorite heading into this match. While she's not my personal pick I do think she is most likely to walk out as champion this weekend.

However, my favorite for the win just has to be Nikki Cross. Bringing something completely new and unique to the table, Nikki Cross is exactly what I want to see in our next NXT women's champion. She's been obsessed with being champion from day one and has proven time and time again just how much of a brilliant champ she will make. If she was to get the win I doubt she will have the longest title reign but looking at the line up in this match, Nikki really does have it all. Bags of character and charisma, the fans have really taken to her and she's a totally different kind of champion we have seen in the division in the past. As far as the actual match goes, I'm really expecting a lot from this. We have four very very different characters and in-ring performers in this match all of which are fantastic wrestlers. We have Nikki bringing the more hardcore unpredictable side, Peyton is the sneaky one, while Ember and Sane have so much experience and athleticism that the spots performed really should be amazing. to say the least. I believe there are multiple possible endings including a sneaky win from Peyton who deserves to have her time at the top, to Nikki Cross going all out to get her hands on gold but let's not forget that both Ember Moon and Kiari Sane are also strong fan favorites.

Lars Sullivan and The Velveteen Dream look to Make an Impression

 This weekend two rather fresh faces in NXT Lars Sullivan and the Velveteen Dream will compete in their first Takeover matches against two pretty big names. Now, if you check out my last two Last month in NXT posts you will know that I'm actually a really big fan of both these guys. The Velveteen Dream in particular really has been standing out for me. His feud with Aleister black has by far been one of my favorite WWE storyline's of the year despite it not actually being around for very long. With only one hour a week, NXT doesn't have the time to develop stories at the pace we see over on RAW and Smackdown LIVE but this is something that really has grabbed my attention from day one. It's a very unique and interesting storyline, very different to what we are used to seeing but it works so fantastically. Here we have two completely different characters colliding with the Velveteen dream desperate for the attention of the dark and sinisterAleister Black. It's during the build-up to this that we have seen that darker side of The Velveteen dream. However, we haven't seen these two go one on one. This weekend, the Velveteen dream has a lot to prove! Aleister black is a very skilled experience superstar and seeing how they work together in a match is going to be very interesting. I'm not expecting this to be the longest match of the night but I'm hoping its long enough for the Velveteen dream to show us all what he is capable of but in the end, I am expecting Aleister Black tog et the win.

We then have Lars Sullivan vs Kassius Ohno. I have lower expectations of this match if I'm being totally honest. Lars hasn't shown all too much both with his character and his in-ring skills but enough to be impressive and at least grab my attention. Kassius Ohno is a very experienced superstar who I'm sure can get a decent match out of Sullivan. Unlike the match we just spoke about, I do believe that this time around the less experienced star will be going over. Lars is on a roll right now and the WWE has done a good job building up as the monster of NXT, if he can get a victory over Kassius Ohno of all people then that really will help him on this path.

Can Andrade Cien Almas Walk out as Champion

One match I am very very interested in this weekend is the NXT Championship match between current champ Drew McIntyre and challenger Andrade Cien Almas. The past few months Andrade has undergone a huge change. From the man kick-starting NXT Takeover shows and putting over new talent to challenging the champ for the most prestigious prize in NXT, Andrade has come so far and I could not be happier. Since his arrival in NXT, Andrade has competed in several top quality matches against a number of different superstars but his push is something he really has had to wait for. A fantastic track record in the ring just hasn't been enough and its only since his alliance with Zolita Vega that we have seen things change for the better. His booking has been stronger, his character development has been great and he really does now feel like a top star worthy of a title opportunity. Does that mean he will walk out as champ this weekend? I doubt it. Right now, NXT is full of such strong talent and while Andrade is one of those top stars I just don't see him getting the big one this time around. I do, however, believe that Andrade will be one of the standout stars of the night. Drew and Andrade a very different in the ring but it's going to be interesting seeing them work together and I do have high expectations of this title bout. I'm expecting several close calls and on the edge of your seat action but not a title change this time around.

War Games Returns

Okay, so I'm going, to be honest, I'm nineteen years old, I was born in nineteen ninety-eight, I don't know all too much about War Games. I have done some research, however, and I have a little insight as to what the match is about and how it will go down. A War Games match hasn't taken place in over twenty years and there's a reason for that, this is a dangerous, ruthless and intimidating match. It is, however, also very very exciting. I will list the rules below in just a second but for now let's get into predictions and in all honesty, I have no idea what to expect from this match. I'm confident this has all the potential in the world to be the strongest match for not only the night but one of the best matches of the year, possibly the best WWE match of twenty-seventeen. We have three huge teams, three of the best in the world, full of nine very very different superstars. This is a match where we can expect total chaos! This is sure to be a barbaric, intense and most importantly entertaining match up. While I will be backing Sanity I strongly believe that it will be Undisputed Era who walks out as the champions. They are the new guys on the scene and in need of the momentum the most. I do, however, also believe that the other two teams will have a fantastic showing too.

The Rules for the War Game Match are as Followed:
  • ·         The three-member teams of SAnitY (Eric Young, Alexander Wolfe & Killian Dain), Undisputed ERA (Adam Cole, Bobby Fish & Kyle O’Reilly), and The Authors of Pain (Akam & Rezar) & Roderick Strong will wage war inside a massive steel cage that surrounds TWO rings.
  • ·         All three teams will be contained inside separate shark cages by the entranceway, with a member from each team (as chosen by his respective squad) starting the match.
  • ·         After five minutes, the remaining members of one team will be released from their shark cage and allowed to enter the match.
  • ·         When another three-minute period elapses, the remaining members of a second team are released from their shark cage and enter the match.
  • ·         Following another three-minute period, the final team’s members are released from their shark cage and enter the match.
  • ·         Once all three teams have entered the WarGames Match, a victory can be attained via pinfall or submission.

I I really am looking forward to NXT Takeover War Games. I always look forward to a Takeover event with the standard always being so high. There are so many matches with great potential on the card this weekend and with talents like Billie Kay, Peyton Royce, and the Authors of Pain getting closer to their main roster debut I'm interested in seeing how the night plays out. As always I would love to know what you guys think and what your predictions are by leaving a comment below or by tweeting me over at @TezangiVictoria. 

Comments

Popular Posts