WWE Survivor Series 2017 Predictions

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good and of course have had an awesome week. So this weekend, we have two very big wrestling shows guaranteed to keep us all satisfied and entertained. The first will take place on Saturday and will see the stars of NXT in the spotlight once again at NXT Takeover: War Games. You can check out my predictions for that show in yesterday's blog post which will be linked below. The second is of course Survivor Series. This year the annual pay per view will hit its thirtieth birthday and what a show we have coming up. The night will see RAW and Smackdown LIVE go head to head in a battle to be crowned the better show and the card is stacked! Matches such as the New Day vs the Shield, the Usos vs Sheamus and Cesaro and AJ Styles vs Brock Lesnar are all noted as true promising must-see bouts and of course the traditional five on five elimination matches which we do have a men's and women's version of this year also promises to be pretty damn promising. In today's blog post I'm going to be bringing you my two thousand and seventeen Survivor Series predictions. I am planning on keeping this rather short. Survivor Series is a long big show with plenty going on so the plan is to stick with touching on the biggest talking points heading into this pay per view. I will be live tweeting throughout both shows this weekend and any recent blog post will be linked at the end of today's. Finally, you can let me know what your predictions are for both Survivor Series and NXT Takeover by leaving a comment below or by tweeting me over at @TezangiVictoria.

Potential Match of the Night

I'm going to kick start today's Survivor Series prediction post off with the match I believe could be the best of the night. Now, I am totally expecting the men's traditional five on five Survivor Series elimination match is going to be not only a highlight of the night but of the year, it pretty much always is, but putting that aside, the match I am most looking forward to is most definitely the Shield vs the New Day. Two of the biggest, brightest and most successful factions in WWE history, the collision of these two teams a wrestling must see. Not only are both sides massively entertaining and full of charisma but all six superstars have competed in some of the best matches we have seen in the WWE for the past ten years if not longer. Both the Shield and the New Day have made history and had several standout classic moments with the New Day hitting the record books as the longest reigning Tag team Champions of all time and the Shield going down as history as one of the most dominant factions of all time, their up and coming Survivor Series match is one for the ages. This is the match we will be talking about in years to come and the match that highlights these two teams once and for all as all-time greats. I'm hoping and expecting them to have a lengthy time slot with being one of the best-hyped matches on the card and I honestly do feel as though we are going to be in for an entertaining, gripping, intense match full of brilliant wrestling. We have powerhouses Big and Roman Reigns who showdown will be a must see while the remaining four are all used to the top rope and going high risk. Their collision is sure to be a standout of the night and while I am team Blue this weekend I struggle to pick a side. Who do I think will get the win, however? I have to go with the Shield. They're freshly reunited and this will be their first match on pay per view as a team in years! Regardless, I'm confident both teams will have an excellent showing.

Champion vs Champion

The Survivor Series pay per view is the only time of year RAW and Smackdown literally go head to head. This year more than ever we really have gotten the feel of an all-out war. With Smackdown LIVE determined to prove they are not the B show, the blue brand have taken it upon themselves to get a head start and have the world focused all on them and their dominance. This weekend, every Smackdown champion will go head to head with a RAW champion and first, up we have the Intercontial champion the Miz (repping Monday night RAW) facing off against the current United States champion, Baron Corbin over on Smackdown. This should be an interesting. Both heels it will be interesting seeing how the live crowd reacts to both men and what side they take. Now, the Miz recently has been massively over and his booking from the past twelve months has allowed him to feel like the bigger deal and so I can imagine the majority will be behind him. In the build-up to this match videos of the two cutting mini promos have shown how personal their feud is and while they have not clashed on TV  you get the genuine impression these two superstars do not like one another. I am expecting this to be one of the shorter matches of the night and quite possibly one of the weaker ones. As far as the overall winner goes, I'm going with Corbin. He's still in need of momentum and as one of the bigger stars of Smackdown LIVE, the blue brand could do with this win early on in the night. Saying that the Miz has been booked so well recently that I wouldn't be surprised to see him go over this weekend thanks to the help of the Miztourage which I would be totally fine with.

Up next we have the RAW women's champion Alexa Bliss vs the newly crowned Smackdown LIVE women's champion, Charlotte. This again is one I'm really looking forward to and I'm hoping these girls are given a decent amount of time. I was so glad this past Tuesday to see Charlotte get the win over Natalya and crowned the new champion. I strongly believe there is more in Bliss vs Charlotte and promises to be a much stronger and brighter main attraction. Both women have been leaders of their division whether champion or not for both brands and are the only women to hold both the RAW and Smackdown LIVE women's championships. This weekend the Goddess vs the Queen will go one on one for the first time since their days in NXT and I honestly cannot wait. Bliss has improved greatly as both a character and in-ring performer since the last time they collided and I really do feel as though that with enough time Charlotte could get the best match out of Bliss the goddess has had so far in her career. Who wins? I'm gonna go with the Queen but let's not forget Carmella who still has that money in the bank briefcase tucked by her side and considering we didn't see her on Smackdown LIVE this week may be the WWE is planning her cash in for this weekend.

and then, of course, we have the tag team division which will see Sheamus and Cesaro take on The Usos. This could very easily be a pretty decent match. I do feel as though this is one that has gotten a little lost in the build-up but none the less could easily surprise us all. These are four very talented men and if you give them a fifteen-minute time slot they will impress hands down. As for the winners of this match, I really do feel as though Sheamus and Cesaro have this one. Newly crowned champs they could do with the momentum and I don't feel as though the Usos will suffer because of a loss especially considering I'm confident they will have a solid performance on the night.

The Phenomenal one VS The beast

 Yet another match I'm really looking forward to this weekend is the champion vs champion match between WWE Title holder AJ Styles and Universal champion Brock Lesnar.  Two very very different superstars with two massive followings this too is a match for the ages. Both Styles and Lesnar are most certainly two of the biggest stars not only in the WWE today but professional wrestling and their collision is money. I and the rest of the world were over the moon to see Jinder drop the title to Styles setting up AJ vs Lesnar for the obvious reasons, it's a more promising match. We are far more likely to get more out of this and sure to be more entertained and while I'm confident Lesnar will escape with the victory I'm hoping that the two are given more than ten minutes and therefore providing the WWE universe with a true match standout of the year. Like I said, I'm more than confident that Brock will get the win but of course Styles is going to impress and I'm hoping for a couple of really cool spots and surprises throughout the match.

Braun Strowman and Asuka Set to have a Dominant night?

When it comes to individual standouts this weekend I'm looking at Asuka and Braun Strowman. Two RAW stars yes but two of the most dominant superstars in WWE history. Leaders of their division, it's these two talents we look at for impressive performances and sheer dominance. This will be Asuka's first Survivor Series match and only her second WWE pay per view match but I'm confident the WWE is going to have something special planned for her.  What I personally would like to see is her take on the majority of team Blue and take them out. I'm not keen on five on one at all but if she can do a Roman Reigns and take out the majority of the opposing team and remain the last women standing for her own team than it works in her favor and building Asuka up as that dominant force the WWE want to portray her as. This is the chance they have to have her standout and prove to casual viewers why they should be keeping an eye on the empress of tomorrow. Because Asuka being in this match, Regardless I am expecting the red team to win in the women's' Survivor Series elimination match.

As for Storwman, I think we can expect a very similar performance. As I will touch on later, I do think there is going to be a big twist at the end or during the men's traditional survivor series elimination match but we can most certainly expect Strowman to have a dominant performance.

Jason Jordan heel turn, Returns, and Daniel Bryan

When it comes to the men's Survivor Series elimination match I really do believe we are in for a treat. I'm expecting something really special here and for this to once again be one of the standout matches of the year. We have two very very strong teams with plenty of potential. The likes of Bobby Roode and Shinsuke Nakamura will compete at the first Survivor Series match while talent such as Kurt Angle, Triple H,  Randy Orton and John Cena who have great experience in this match will take place. Now, as I mentioned in this week's RAW and Smackdown LIVE highlights post, I'm expecting something big to happen in this match. Following what happened earlier on in the week on Monday night RAW I'm pretty damn confident that Jason Jordan will find himself in the main event screwing over team red or if RAW gets the win I'm  expecting Jordan to come down to the ring, congratulate his father and then attack him. Either way, I am really hoping that Jordan is somehow given something big this weekend. He needs a heel turn or at least something that gives him some edge and a reason for us as fans to care.

And finally, we have the topic of returns. Survivor Series is known for returns and this year I think we could have a couple waiting for us including Neville who is rumored to be in good talks with the  WWE and Paige. While Paige didn't make an appearance this past week on RAW when we were all expecting her too I do still believe there is a chance she could show up this weekend. Again, I would book her return going down the road of someone attacking a member of team red possibly Bayley or even Asuka and for Paige to take on that role. And then we have Daniel Bryan. Okay, so this one is a little  far fetched but I had to mention it because it's something I would love to see and something I've seen a lot of people comment on. Following the brutal attack at the hands of team RAW, many suspect that Shane McMahon could be replaced by Smackdown LIVE general manager Daniel Bryan. There have been plenty of reports recently suggesting the possibility of Bryan wrestling again for the WWE and what better time and story than this weekend at Survivor Series. I know I would pay serious money to see Daniel Bryan and Kurt Angle go face to face inside a WWE ring!
WWE and Paige. While Paige didn't make an appearance this past week on RAW when we were all expecting her too I do still believe there is a chance she could show up this weekend. Again, I would book her return going down the road of someone attacking a member of team red possibly Bayley or even Asuka and for Paige to take on that role. And then we have Daniel Bryan. Okay, so this one is a little

Recent Blog Posts:
NXT Takeover War Games Predictions
This Weeks RAW and Smackdown LIVE Highlights
WWE Superstar Best Matches: Paige


Comments

Popular Posts