10 Wrestlemania 34 Matches I Wanted to See Part 1

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good and have had not only a good week but a great start to the fresh new month! The up and coming weeks to a month are big ones in the world of pro wrestling as we edge even closer to Wrestlemania aka, the biggest wrestling event of the year! Twenty eighteen looks to be the year of another very interesting Wrestlemania show and over the next four weeks I am going to be providing you all with plenty of Wrestlemania based content here on my blog from predictions, how I would have booked, reviews, and a look back at past Mania show. We kick start the season today with a post that I was supposed to have uploaded several weeks back but had a little change around with my schedule and uploads! Now, I am always making it clear what matches I would like to see for any pay per view with Wrestlemania being the show of the year I pay extra attention to and really getting my creative hat on. This year there are so many matches I would like to see on the card and while some of those matches are in fact happening there are some that unfortunately won't be and I wanted to have a good old chat about those matches. So over the next two weeks, I am going to be taking a look at the ten Wrestlemania thirty-four matches I wanted to see. This is a two-part blog post and part two will be uploaded in a couple of weeks time! As always, any recent blog posts will be linked bellow and you can, of course, get involved and tell me what matches you would have booked and wanted to see on the card this year by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me over at @TezangiVictoria.

This match was Pre posted in early February

Ronda Rousey vs Charlotte

I know I have spoken about this first match plenty of times before hence the reason I'm mentioning it first in today's blog post. Charlotte vs Ronda Rousey is a contest that screams Wrestlemania worthy and one that I have wanted to see for well over a year. The match between the two is inevitable. At some point these two women just have to collide, there's no doubt about it. I'm going to be bold and say that if I could see any women's match being the first to main event Wrestlemania this is one that I could one hundred and ten percent see the WWE going with. We are still a long way away from women main eventing Wrestlemania but it's still a really nice and cool thought! These are two of the most dominant and impressive women in their fields of work. On the one side, we have the genetically superior Queen of the WWE, Charlotte and on the other side, we have the badest women on the planet, Ronda Rousey. A collision between the two would make for a very interesting and potentially strong match up taking into consideration Ronda's in-ring skill. What also makes this match so must see is, of course, the Four horsewomen vs Four Horsewomen angle. This is yet another match that is pretty much inevitable at this point and a big must-see for me personally. The respected leaders of these two teams it's only a matter of time before these two women clash and what an epic addition it would have been for the Mania card and a brilliant starting point building that Four Horsewomen vs Four Horsewomen match!

Kurt Angle vs Jason Jordan

Okay, so I know we all have mixed opinions on Jason Jordan and the story that has been told between the former NXT star and Kurt Angle but there is a way to save things and actually turn this into magic. I'll admit that I haven't like the reveal of the Jason Jordan being Kurt Angle's son and what they have done with that story since but it has always had great potential the WWE has only gotten things wrong. I do actually personally enjoy watching Jordan. I honestly do feel as though he is brilliant at what he does in the ring and he is actually making this new side of his character work but a heel turn is exactly what is needed for Jordan and it is going to happen at some point I'm sure. I'm confident that the plan was to have him turn on Rollins setting a matchup between them, however, things, of course, have changed due to his injury. Now, while I'm sure their singles match had the potential to be excellent storyline wise, I would have much preferred to have seen him collide with his "father" Kurt Angle. There are so many different avenues the WWE could have gone with this. Jordan finally snapping and taking all his frustrations out on Kurt bringing up the fact he has always been a useless father or a storyline I have always preferred and that's having Jordan reveal that he isn't Angles son and was only using that as a way to get further in his career. They could later really switch things up and reveal he does have a son in the WWE but he isn't on RAW (that being Chad Gable and setting up a new story there). If you would like a booking post on this do let me know. I understand that we are now more likely to see Angle in a mixed tag team match facing Triple H at Mania and that is a bigger must-see match, however, the passing of the torch, young star vs legend is something I personally would have rather had watched.

John Cena vs the Undertaker

One match that could still be happening at Mania this year is John Cena vs the Undertaker and honestly, I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed that we do get that. This is a Wrestlemania main event. This is historic, must see, in demand match, no fan would want to miss out on. Regardless of what you personally feel about John Cena there is no denying he is one of the best of the best and a contest between the Cenation leader and the Deadman at Wrestlemania is a dream match in its truest form. Rumoured for several years now it's a match both hardcore and casual fans can enjoy and one that will seriously generate a heck of an interest. It's one that so easily could and would go down in the history books. I can't think of any wrestling fan who wouldn't want to see this match. Sure it should have happened a year or two ago but I would take this as a Mania event any year and looking at where both these superstars currently are in their careers it only makes sense for this match to take place in twenty eighteen considering this could be the last Mania match for at least one of these men. However, the question remains; was Takers match against Reigns the best way to end Takers run as an in-ring performer?

Sasha Banks VS Asuka 

We've already taken a look at the Smackdown LIVE Women's title match I would have wanted to see at this year's Mania and so it's now time to take a look at the RAW women's division and the championship match I would have booked hands down would have been Asuka vs Sasha Banks. After what we saw from these two in the first ever Women's Royal Rumble match and of course their singles bout the following night I wanted to see more from these two as they proved their rivalry is something truly Wrestlemania worthy. I have wanted to see Banks and Asuka collide since Asuka arrived on the scene and we have had to wait a few years but it was totally worth the wait. Their collision on RAW back in January was fantastic and hands down one of Asuka's best WWE match so far but now I want more. There's a story to be told here for sure. With Sasha rocking the Boss gimmick in the role she plays best, the heel, and Asuka being... well... Asuka here we have a feud that could go down in history and a match that could well and truly steal the show! I do actually believe this would make for a better wrestling match than Rousey vs Charlotte and with the right build, the story had the potential to be equally as strong.

Shinsuke Nakamura vs AJ Styles

So as I'm writing this post, this is the only match on my list that has been made official for the Wrestlemania thirty-four card. After winning the men's Royal Rumble match Shinsuke Nakamura will challenge AJ Styles for the WWE Championship at Wrestlemania, however, this has to be the main event. I hate seeing talent who won the Rumble not main event Wrestlemania and it will be something that irritates me, even more, this year if that is what happens. Nakamura vs Styles has all the potential in the world to be one of the best WWE and wrestling matches of all time. The pair has history during their runs outside the WWE and fans have been desperate for the two collide one on one inside a WWE ring since both men were apart of the company. It's another match that could main event any Wrestlemania card and completely steal the show and while I'm glad the match has been booked and I'm sure the WWE will give them the right amount of time to compete, this just has to be the main event!

And that is Part one of this post! Part two will be uploaded in a couple of weeks time but for now, however, As always, any recent blog posts will be linked bellow and you can, of course, get involved and tell me what matches you would have booked and wanted to see on the card this year by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me over at @TezangiVictoria.

Recent Blog Posts:

Comments

Popular Posts