This Weeks RAW and Smackdown LIVE Highlights

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good and have had a great week so far. We are now around two weeks away from Wrestlemania thirty-four and both RAW and Smackdown LIVE have been delivering. If you have read my past two highlights posts you would have seen that I've actually really been enjoying both shows over the last few weeks and once again I have very positive things to say. I had a reason to tune into RAW and Smackdown LIVE again this week and I found myself entertained throughout both shows with each brand really focusing on building the feuds and storyline's heading into Mania. In today's blog post we are going to be taking a look at some of the highlight moments once again and we do have a lot to get through! Before we get started, however, I do have a couple of updates and reminders; first up I want to mention that I will be starting Wrestlemania week very soon here on my blog with things hopefully kickstarting this weekend! This will include several prediction posts for both Wrestlemania and NXT Takeover so keep an eye out for those! I will also be live tweeting throughout both these shows when the time comes and full reviews will be uploaded! For now, however, any recent blog posts will be linked below and you can get involved and tell me what you thought of this week's RAW and Smackdown LIVE by leaving a comment below or by tweeting me over at @TezangiVictoria.

Monday night RAW


Absolution Set their sights on Ronda Rousey

If there is one thing I'm liking about everything the WWE is doing with Ronda Rousey it's her consistency. We're seeing her on a weekly basis one way or another and they are showing her to be one heck of a bad ass. On this weeks show Rousey was confronted by Absolution with Paige stepping in the ring offering Ronda a spot as the fourth member, however, of course, Rousey turned down the offer and it's from there things got interesting. Now, I've touched on the fact that I didn't like the non televised segment between Dana Brook and Ronda Rousey from last week simply because I felt as though it was awkward, a little cringe-worthy and it was evident Dana helped her out a lot! This time around, however, I do feel as though things were done better. There was a far more natural flow to it, the fans were more interested, and I felt as though Ronda came across as though she was far more comfortable. There were a few messy moments but that moment where she teased breaking Mandy Rose's arm was brilliant and very well done, by far her best performance we've seen so far. It is of course very difficult to get an idea as to how she will perform at Mania but I did enjoy this segment and it felt as though it was the right segment for her at this stage in the build.

Brock Lesnar and Roman Reigns Clash once Again

This weeks episode of Monday night RAW Kickstarted with Paul Heyman and Brock Lesnar were the focus, of course, was on the Wrestlemania main event. As always, Heyman cut a brilliant promo which proved to be another moment where Heyman sold this match perfectly. I mentioned in last weeks highlights post that I am gaining more of an interest in this match as the weeks go by. Do I want to see this close Wrestlemania? Definitely not but I can honestly say that I have found myself far more invested in their story than I was the first time around. This week saw Reigns attempted to take out the beast but once again fall flat. I did think the whole thing was done really well. I would have liked to have seen a little more but Lesnar once again took control and proved to be one heck of a force standing in front of Reigns and really added to the build. Now, what I don't wanna see is Reigns forever taking a beating to then suddenly find it in him to magically defeat Brock at Mania out of nowhere which seems to be the exact thing the WWE is going to do.

Sasha Banks finally Loses it

The "ah finally" moment of the week was of course when Sasha Banks and Bayley finally clashed pushing their story to where it should be. The turning point in their backstage segment was when Bayley looked Banks in the eye telling her that Banks had been doing what she has been doing because she knows she cannot beat her while also touching on the length of Bank's title reigns and I again I really liked the how things were done here. I personally probably would have booked this to take place in the middle of the ring but regardless what we saw on Monday was done well and the fans in attendance enjoyed what they saw. Now, I'd love to see these two go one on one at Mania instead of competing in the Battle Royal but whether or not we will get there we will have to wait and see. These two could so easily have one of the best matches of the night on the grandest stage of them all. There's a brilliant story there and a fantastic backstory and history and there is a demand for it to take place at Mania!

I may not have enjoyed this weeks episode of RAW as much as I did last weeks but I did feel as though we got some really important segments and everything made sense and was booked pretty much right. I do think we need to see a big collision between Nia Jax and Alexa Bliss next week. Then, of course, we had the main event which was also very important but next week we do need to see plenty more just before the big show!

Smackdown LIVE


Daniel Bryan Makes a Wrestlemania Challenge

The news piece we have all been talking about over the past week has, of course, revolved around Daniel Bryan announcing he has been cleared to compete. On last weeks episode of Smackdown LIVE the former world champion kicked the show off with a passionate promo, however, ended the show taking a beating at the hands of Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn. In the opening of last nights show, Bryan sported a new attitude that completely differed from what we had seen just a week ago. He was focused, angry, and ready to seek "revenge" on the stars who had attempted to take him out once again. Issuing a Wrestlemania challenge Bryan revealed that at Wrestlemania it will be himself along with Shane McMahon taking on Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens in tag team action and if Owens and Zayn get the victory then the pair will return to Smackdown LIVE , however, if they lose the both will remain fired from the WWE. After what we saw during the closing moments of last weeks show this reveal was most certainly to be expected. Now, considering the current health situation in regards to Shane McMahon we don't know if he will be ready to compete in time for Mania but that's a story to really focus on and watch out for updates over the coming days.


Rusev Wants in at Wrestlemania

Okay, so I know I literally just uploaded a blog post talking about some of the things I want to see happen at Wrestlemania and one of those things was Rusev winning the Andre the Gaint Memorial Battle Royal but things have shifted massively following this weeks episode of Smackdown LIVE. Teaming up with Jinder Mahal to take on Bobby Roode and Randy Orton Rusev found himself pinning the United States Champion in the middle of the ring and in a backstage segment with Mahal Rusev pointed out that very point and told his partner of the night that he was going to find Daniel Bryan and make the Mania US Championship match a fatal four way. Perfect. We all want to see Rusev booked strong way or another Wrestlemania. He's one of the most over and beloved stars on the roster today and it's surprising that he's had a fairly weak build on the road to Mania. Saying that he has scored a great deal of momentum competing in strong matches and picking up a victory on last nights show was an even bigger step. I would love to see RuRu added to this match. I believe it gives the match more of a chance of being a true show stealer and of course, I would freaking love to see him walk out as champion.

And that was this week's RAW and Smackdown LIVE and the best moments from both shows. Later this week I have more Wrestlemania content coming up along with a look at the last month in NXT. For now, however, any recent blog posts will be linked below and you can get involved and tell me what you thought of this week's RAW and Smackdown LIVE by leaving a comment below or by tweeting me over at @TezangiVictoria.


Recent Blog Posts:
Last Week in Wrestling
10 WWE Superstars We Want to see Face Daniel Bryan (P art 1)
Five Women Who Could End Asuka's Undefeated Streak
Ten Things That Must Happen at Wrestlemania 34

Comments

Popular Posts