Elimination Chamber 2018 Honest Thoughts

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good and have had an awesome weekend and good little start to the fresh new week! Okay, so my uploads have been a little off recently and that has simply been down the fact I've been having some issues with my health that I'm still working on and at the moment that has been my main priority! I am trying to get back on track and upload as many posts and as frequently as possible! Kickstarting things off this week I have my first Elimination Chamber review of the week. I personally enjoyed this pay per view with of course three segments really being the standout and so I have plenty I want to talk about. Also, following how I reviewed the Royal Rumble I have decided that I want to write more reviews like that. This means that from now on, pay per view reviews will be split into two to three parts. This includes a full highlights post, a best and worse, and a look at the standout stars of the show. I find this far more interesting and fun to write and it also, of course, allows me to talk about everything I want to and have liked from the shows. Today's blog post will be taking a look at the overall highlights of the show and giving my general honest thoughts on the twenty eighteen Elimination Chamber pay per view. As always, any recent blog posts will be linked bellow and you can get involved and tell me what you thought of Elimination Chamber by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me over at @TezangiVictoria.

This post was pre posted on Monday and so some comments may no longer be relevant! 


Fantastic Booking

This month we once again saw the women's evolution grow to new heights and six of RAW's standout female talent competed inside the first ever all female, Elimination Chamber. After a successful Royal Rumble performance, the women were once again under more pressure to deliver and exceed expectation making sure to keep momentum at an all-time high and honestly I don't have anything bad to say about this historic match. Kick-starting the pay per view, Sasha Banks, Bayley, Sonya Deville, Mandy Rose, Mickie James, and Alexa Blissed raised the bar and gave the male talent a real run for their money. I have to say that I enjoyed this more than the Rumble and felt this was a better showing of their talent and in-ring skill. Every single woman had their moment to shine here and not for a second did I feel as though anyone had missed a spot, been booked wrong or misused. Every single superstar stood out. From Mickie and Alexa going to the top of the pod, Sasha turning on Bayley (again), and Mandy and Sonya really finally having that performance that showed why exactly they are here. I'll be talking about Sonya and Mandy in more detail in an up and coming post but both these women really impressed me from their storytelling, how well they worked together, and their sheer in-ring talent. I do believe there were a few things that could have been a touch stronger and things I would have changed including  Banks eliminating Bayley instead of Bliss and possibly Sasha taking the victory instead of Alexa however, saying that, the match ended and I was honestly satisfied. Every single woman looked like a star and this was yet another showing that proved women in this industry can do everything the men have been doing from day one.

Lack of interest in tag Team division

Okay, so I know the subtitle to this point seems a little harsh. The RAW roster has a number of standout tag teams however, I didn't feel as though the best of the best were on show last night and in all honesty, I didn't enjoy the tag team match we got what so ever, Now, I am growing to actually like the idea of Titus Worldwide and with the right direction and storyline's something decent could come of it. Do they deserve a title shot right now? According to their win/loss record, yes but if last night proved anything it's that the majority of fans haven't jumped on board with Titus Worldwide and having them challenge for the RAW tag team titles when you have teams such as the Club and the Revival its, not something that's going to go down well. In the coming weeks building up to Mania, I do want to see a change in the tag team division. Instead of throwing every team on the Mania card I would much rather prefer to see two teams battle it out in a must see, good quality contest that leaves us all genuinely hooked, entertained and interest, last nights title bout had none of those things and as a result I can barely remember anything that happened.

Has the Feud been saved?

I've made it clear across Social Media and here on my blog that I haven't been the worlds biggest fan of Bray Wyatt vs Matt Hardy. I've mentioned a million times before that this is something I had high high expectations of and actually anticipated. However, the WWE has done an awful job with the rivalry with poor storytelling and narrative, and a lack of time given to these stars to generate any interest from fans. This had the potential to be big. A career savior for Wyatt and a strong start to something new for Matt in the WWE and it has failed. Saying that last night was my favourite showing of this entire feud. The mind games from Hardy were fantastic and made for an entertaining little start to the contest. Now, I do worry where the WWE goes with Bray Wyatt after this feud and I do still believe plenty can be done to save this feud we just need smarter and more entertaining booking especially considering this is likely to be a match featured on the Mania card this year. Hardy did pick up the much-needed victory and it will be interesting seeing the next chapter in their story. Fingers crossed these guys are given much much more time to tell it.

Ronda Rouse has Arrived

One of the segments I was most looking forward last night was, of course, Ronda Rousey's WWE contract signing. I know the whole Ronda situation has divided opinion; Some people love that she's here in the WWE while others hate it, I happen to be one of the fans who honestly is loving the idea. I am super excited about Ronda signig with the WWE and her future with the company. She is a serious main attraction and sure to do wonders for the women's divison and the WWE as a whole. Last night Ronda made another apperance signing he contract in the middle of the ring alongside Triple H, Stephanie McMahon, and Kurt Angle. The first thing that became rather evident wat Rousey's nervs. The crowd were extremely loud and it was clear she was nervous however, once she got more comfortable and the segment progressed that seemed to fade away a little. Now, things here were a touch strange and odly done. Angle "spilt some tea" dropping Stephanie and Hunter right in it revealing that the pair had been talking about Ronda behind her back. The whole segment resulted in Rousey putting triple H through a table and Stephanie slapping Rousey. As I predicted in my prediction post last friday, this has planted the seeds for Ronda's debut match and as announced during the show last night, she will be competing at Wrestlemania this year. A mixed tag team match is looking to be the root the WWE are going in and after what we saw last night we can sure expect Rowdy Ronda Rousey to make her Monday night RAW debut tonight!

The Mens Elimination Chamber

This year's men's Elimination Chamber was yet another historic matchup. The biggest chamber match in WWE history saw for the first time ever seven men competing. Kick-starting the match was the Miz, Seth Rollins, and Finn Balor who created a brilliant and interesting start to the match but of course, the most dominant man in this entire contest and of the night was without a shadow of a doubt Braun Strowman. While he didn't take home the victory he was the man we were all left talking about once again. His dominant performance had everyone up on their feet as the Monster Among men once again made history. Eliminating five men from the Chamber it came down to the man himself and of course Roman Reigns who eventually would hit two spears on the big man to get the win going on to face Brock Lesnar at Wrestlemania. The end result came as no surprise. We have all known Reigns and Lesnar were going to go face to face at Mania for the past year but with Strowman and Rollins both having such amazing strong performances the pair look to be on a strong road to Wrestlemania also.

And that was this years Elimination Chamber pay per view. I have to say that I did really enjoy both Chamber matches and the Ronda segment but the show as a whole wasn't the strongest. I understand that this blog post was supposed to be uploaded on Monday but I have been so stressed and so distracted that it just hasn't been on my list of priorities. I am trying to get back on track but at the moment I just want to put my health first. Thank you for understanding

Comments

Popular Posts