WWE Fastlane 2018 Predictions

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good and have had a great week! So this weekend is the final stop before Wrestlemania. The last pay per view before the biggest event on the Wrestling calendar will take place on Sunday as Smackdown LIVE hosts the two thousand and eighteen Fastlane pay per view. If I'm being honest this isn't a show I'm looking forward to but there are some really great matches on the card that looks to be very promising. I will also admit that I have been really bad with keeping up and tuning into every show. I've missed quite a few episodes of Smackdown LIVE over the past month because of my health issues as well as not really being very interested in the blue brand. Keeping that in mind I have tried to stay up to date with everything. This is, of course, a big weekend for the blue brand and a big part of the build to smackdown LIVE and I will be live tweeting throughout the show! As always any recent blog posts will be linked bellow and you can let me know what your predictions are for the show by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me over at @TezangiVictoria.

Charlotte Flair vs Ruby Riott

Okay, this is a pretty interesting match. I don't believe anyone is expecting to see Charlotte drop the Smackdown LIVE women's championship this weekend. She will most certainly walk into Wrestlemania as the champion, however, this is a pretty damn big weekend for Ruby Riott and a women's championship shot is a brilliant move on behalf of the WWE. Ruby is an experienced performer despite not being apart of the WWE for very long she just hasn't been given the chance to really show what she can do. Putting Riott up against such a big name and talented star in Charlotte will give her that time she needs to show everyone exactly what it is she is capable of. Like I said, now isn't her time to take home the victory and become champion but Sunday is her time to make an impact and get fans who have been doubting her to really care and invest in at least Ruby as a star rather than the Riott squad. I do believe that Ruby will have a brilliant performance this weekend with a few close calls but it will be Flair that takes the victory retaining her championship. Hopefully this weekend we also get an idea as to shoe she will be facing at Mania. Becky Lynch is proving to be favourite amongst many which isn't something I would want to see but if that is the case then that will be built over the weekend or on next weeks show. For me personally, Asuka coming out at the end of this match on Sunday and making it clear she wants to face Charlotte is the best booking decision.


Who Walks into Wrestlemania as United States Champion?

The United States championship picture is one that is slowly making its way back up. Throughout the past couple of years, it has been very up and down with some great moments and some not so great moments. Bobby Roode is a perfect pick for title holder and the likes of Randy Orton and Jinder Mahal make for great contenders. This weekend Roode will defend his US Championship against Randy Orton which as I write this I'm not crazy excited about, however, that most likely is because I just haven't been paying a lot of attention to. Now, if you give these guys enough time on Sunday they will put on a solid match. These guys represent the type of wrestlers and wrestling I watched growing up rather than the style I have grown to claim as my favourite that we see more so now in modern day thanks to the likes of Omega, Will Osprey,  Seth Rollins and Finn Balor for example. This is a little throwback match and to be honest it's pretty much a dream collision for those who have been watching both these names throughout the years. As far as who is walking out as champion I have to back Roode. I want to see more from his Reign and I want to see him walk into Wrestlemania as champion. If the WWE wants to have Orton as champion which I do also think is the next best move then I'd rather see that happen at Wrestlemania. We also have to take into consideration Jinder Mahal and his victory over Orton this past Tuesday on Smackdown LIVE. He is someone who will eventually be injected into this more and we could see a triple threat at Mania between these guys which is something I can one hundred percent get behind.

Two of the Greatest Tag Teams of this Generation

There is no denying that the Usos and the New Day are two of the best tag teams of this generation. Both extremely entertaining and fantastic in-ring performers time and time again the pair have put on these huge matches that have highlighted the very point I have just made. This weekend they will face off once again in what is sure to be another classic. Wrestlemania is the focal point here. These two teams desperately want the spotlight at Mania as tag team champions. Neither has truly had the spotlight on the grandest stage them all and the spot is only big enough for one of these teams. Now, I thought I wouldn't really want to see another rivalry between these two teams but it works. They are the best of the best and this storyline is perfect. I'm confident this could be the match of the night and one of the best matches of the year. Who walks out as champion? I honestly don't know who to back. I do believe the Usos will retain but I have been a New Day fan from day one. Both deserve that spotlight and it's going to be really interesting seeing who walks out as champion; will it be the Usos or will the New Day become five-time tag team champions on Sunday night? This is sure to be an epic and entertaining collision!

Six Pack Challenge 

Again, while, I'm sure this will be a very entertaining match and it clearly has all the potential in the world to be one of the best matches of twenty eighteen, however, it's just... a lot. I don't feel as though the match itself makes sense, it's messy and I don't want to see any big changes made this weekend. It does feel as though this is just a way to get everyone on the card or because there isn't anything left for them and to be honest the fact certain names are in this match and Rusev isn't something that sits well with me. Now, what I do like about this match and the build is it does show how desperate everyone is to get to Wrestlemania. It's showcasing everyone's journey and who will reach the grandest stage of them all as champion and for many, it's their final shot. Now, believe me when I say I will be the angriest person in the world if Styles drops the title this weekend. More than anything I want to see Styles vs Nakamura for the WWE championship at Wrestlemania and the WWE will be stupid to change that booking decision. Like I said, this match has all the potential to be a great one but there is a lot at stake and it's important everyone is booked right and used right this weekend!

There are of course a few more matches on the card but I did want to focus on those bigger matches set to take place. Now, the Fastlane pay per view isn't one I'm crazy excited for. There are a couple of matches that have great potential and the tag team title bout is the contest I'm most looking forward to but I have to say that Smackdown LIVE as a whole is something I've struggled to enjoy and invest in over the past month or so. This is, of course, a big weekend for the blue brand and a big part of the build to smackdown LIVE and I will be live tweeting throughout the show! As always any recent blog posts will be linked bellow and you can  let me know what your predictions are for the show by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me over at @TezangiVictoria.

Recent Blog posts:
5 Steps in Saving the Cruiserweight Division
Elimination Chamber 2018 Standouts
10 Wrestlemania 34 Matches I Wanted to See Part 1
Last Month in NXT (February)

Comments

  1. Amazing post i would like to share with you a great website that will get you everything you want. thanks
    wwe fastlane 2019 matches list

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts