Hell in a Cell Predictions: Kevin Owens VS Ryback

Intercontinental Championship Match  
Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good. As you all know, this up and coming Sunday we will see the two thousand and fifteen Hell in a Cell pay per view take place live from Staples centre in Los Angeles and what a card the WWE have put on for us this year. Yet again we have a jam packed night in store witch includes the ultimate rematch of all rematches as the final big match up between the beast Brock Lesnar and the Undertake takes place as the show's most hyped and anticipated match of the night. We will also be seeing the WWE World Heavyweight, Divas championship and more defended alongside a bunch of title free bouts. Now, all this week it will be Hell in a Cell prediction week. This means that from today all through to Saturday I will be uploading my predictions for each and every single match on the card. On Sunday I will of course as usual be live tweeting throughout the actual show and all day long I will be posting my support pictures on twitter letting you know who my final picks are for the night. I want to quickly thank you all for being so understanding about my absence last month. I know I have mentioned it already but I just wanted to let you know why I was gone one last time just in case you missed the previous post I wrote about it in. To keep a long story short, I was suffering with chronic migraines and sickness and I a a result I was in and out of hospital. Eventually I was told the whole thing was stress related and so I looked back at my lifestyle and made a thew changes. I had been so busy and so stressed with work,re-decorating, and family issues and as a result I just became very ill and it seemed like the best move to make to take the rest of September off. But I'm back now and I'm so excited that Hell in a Cell is my comeback pay per view to write about because after all it is one of my favourites. As usual I will link bellow any recent blog post and that includes my NXT Takeover and the latest RAW Review and Reactions blog post. Finally, remember you can let me know who you are backing and what your predictions are by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

This up and coming weekend, live on the WWE Network, Kevin Owens will defend he's Intercontinental Championship against former Champion Ryback at the Hell in a Cell pay per view. After dethroning the big guy last month at Night Of Champions, this weekend he looks to prove he's legitimacy and keep hold of the title feeding Ryback yet another loss. But will the Big Guy prove the former NXT Champion wrong and walk out of hell in a cell a two time Intercontinental Champion? In today's blog post I will be taking you back through what both superstars have been up to over the past month and making my final bold predictions. With so much to get through lets not waste any more time and jump right into the post.

I will be honest, I hate writing about Ryback. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a Ryback "hater" if you wish, I just don't get the hype surrounding him. He clearly has talent, there's no denying that but I feel as though he is very limited and we haven't really seen anything special from him. Nothing really stands out for me from he's mic work to he's wrestling ability. We have seen more of him over the past year and I have been left very impressed but when you compare Ryback to superstars like Dean Ambrose and Kevin Owens for example it's clear he's missing that something. That spark. The charisma ins't the best in the world and neither is the wrestling but like I have said, he has been impressing me so much more over the past year or so it's just the competition is so high right now and I'm not sure if Ryback can compete at that level. Throughout he's feud with Kevin Owens we have seen him forced to up he's game in all aspects and one thing that he has really worked on is he's connection with the fans. For the past thew months he has developed a real strong connection with the WWE universe and even though Owens is extremely popular with the fans, Ryback and the Feed me more chants have been very popular. The WWE haven't really made a big deal out of this feud and as a result there has been a very weak build up witch is such a shame. We have had a couple of segments between the two but nothing really special and nothing that has stood out or gotten me personally excited for this up and coming Intercontinental Championship match up. This without a doubt feels like a filler match. It's predicable, there's not much story, it hasn't generated a lot of attention and the two superstars don't have the strongest chemistry in the world. I'm not expecting Ryback to end the night with a championship around he's waist what so ever and to be honest I'm not expecting anything truly special from he's over all performance. I feel as though Owens will dominate most of the match and carry a great deal of it. I would like to be surprised and see Ryback deliver something very special and prove a lot of critics wrong but with such a busy card this won't be a match that get's a lot of time so both superstars are going to have to pull something real good out of the bag. The big guy is going to be under a lot of pressure to keep up with Owens and he's technical ability and with most of the attentions being on Kevin he's going to have to stand out all on he's own and make people watch him and pay attention to him. The strength and power from Ryback will work in he's favour and the connection he has with the crowd will play it's own role.

I have been very disappointed with how the WWE have booked Kevin Owens over the past month. He has had a couple of good showings including a great match against Chris Jericho at WWE MSG at the start of the month but apart from that nothing has really stood out for me. I still feel as though the WWE are never sure how to book NXT talent after the call up. It's something they have been struggling with all year round with Neville being the perfect example. Owens, has had a phenomenal year and is on he's way to having one of the best debut main roster years we have ever seen but slowly the WWE are going backwards with him and that's simply because they have the habit of putting all their energy into one or two main things and forgetting about everything else. I do think that once he's feud with Ryback comes to an end he will really be able to shine and the feuds that come he's way will be something very special. It will be then that superstars like Dean Ambrose, Neville, Rusev, and maybe even Swagger will start becoming opponents and rivals for Owens. The competition will increase and he will be able to shine even more. What I have enjoyed seeing from Owens this past month is the work he has been doing with the Lucha Dragons. Of course this did get my NXT feels running high but it just seemed to work. The clearly have very very different styles but they complimented each other greatly in the ring and were able to put one a couple of entertaining matches. It's a shame they weren't very long or made a big deal of but I enjoyed the work anyway. It was a clever and great way for Owens to pick up momentum and to keep everyone talking. We have also seen him continue to get under the skin of Ryback and push thee big guy's buttons witch has been the only piece of build up we have gotten for this up and coming match up. This weekend I'm without a doubt expecting Owens to retain the title. This is a predicable match. He is likely to be the stand out and carry the match and he will easily be the story tell of this match. Owens is a fantastic story teller and knows how to keep you completely entertained and engaged in everything he does throughout he's matches. It will be interesting seeing how long this match actually goes on for and then what happens with both superstars the following night on RAW.

This is most probably the match I'm personally least looking forward too. The WWE have put next to no effort into building this match up to be something special and it's far from a must see. The card for Hell in a cell this year is petty strong and this is the weakest match on the card. Because of that I'm
not expecting a great deal from it. This will be one of the shorter matches of the night but what I'm hopeing is that they use every single second of the time they have got and they surprise us. They may not have the best chemistry or story but they are still capable of putting on a solid match up. Owens will be pushing Ryback to all he's limits in this match and as we have seen from Ryback this year he knows how to change things around and use he's power advantage. Its going to be interesting seeing what they manage to bring out in one another and I'm also very interested in seeing the crowd reactions for both these superstars.  The match of course is very predicable. Owens will without a doubt leave the night as still the Intercontinental Champion. I have no worries for what is to come for him after this match up. There is a line of amazing opponents for Owens and he will be busy throughout the rest of the year. What I'm hopeing is that the booking for him improves and we see even more of him. He works amazingly well with Seth Rollins so that is an alliance I would love to see continue. I'd also love to see him work with Ambrose and Orton. There are a couple of feuds I'd pay good money to see. As for Ryback I am a little worried. He's likely to find himself taking on superstars such as Braun Strowman to put them over for example but because of how high the WWE have been on him recently I'm certain they will book him pretty well. But I want to know what YOU think. Let me know what your predictions are and who you are supporting by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

Hell In A Cell Predictions: Charlotte VS Nikki Bella
Hell in a Cell Predictions: Bray Wyatt VS Roman Reigns

Comments

Popular Posts