RAW Predictions 5/10/2015

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling world, I hope you are all well and good. I know it's been a while since I have uploaded a blog post that hasn't been pre posted, probably around three weeks. You may have seen on twitter that I posted I was taking the rest of September off about half way through the month. To cut a long story short, I was really really ill with chronic migraines and sickness, literally unable to move out of bed or do anything . The thought of turning my lap top on and dealing with the light killed me and I was in an out of hospital. I was told the whole thing was stress related. As a result, I was kind of forced to take a look at my life style. With so much going on I was becoming stressed with work, family issues and I wasn't eating a lot either thanks to a crazy diet. So I decided it was best to take some time off. I hope you don't mind and you all understand. But, I'm back now and I'm feeling much much better. I have a healthy diet and I'm making sure I try and stay stress free and I am managing my time much much better. Today, I'm of course back with this weeks RAW Predictions and I have to admit it feels really weird writing this blog post in particular considering how long it's been since I last wrote one, I can't imagine what writing my RAW Review is going to feel like! Now, we are not far away from the Hell In A Cell pay per view and with the WWE MSG event taking place only a couple of nights back, not to mention NXT Takeover Respect airing this up and coming Wednesday, tonight is bound to be a long and busy one and there is so much to get through in today's blog post. Just to remind you, I have written every single NXT Takeover respect prediction post and I will link them all down bellow at the end of the post so you can check all of them out if you haven't already done so and you can stay all up to date on everything. Lastly, you can let me know what your predictions are for tonight's show and NXT Takeover by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

As we have already started talking about WWE MSG I may as well stay on the topic and start this weeks RAW Predictions off by taking a look at the main event of Saturday's live show. Now, before I actually talk about the match let's just remember that the whole entire event was based around Brock Lesnar once again. The WWE are trying really hard to push the huge rematch between Lesnar and Taker for Hell in a cell and following Lesnar's road to the pay per view is in my opinion a great move to make and the event on Saturday paid off without a doubt. As heavily promoted, Lesnar went one on one with a man he's no stranger to competing against, the Big Show. These guys have a strong history that goes back quite far competing against one another in singles competition on six separate occasions and so their chemistry is great. What was actually really ironic and significant about this match was even though Lesnar had five victories to one over the Big Show the one match that Show did manage to win over Brock was back in two thousand and two at the exact same venue that they competed in this past weekend. The WWE did a great job building up the match as well so that played a huge part in what was without a doubt a predicable match up. Show cut some decent promos and took part in a great segment with Paul Heyman less than week before the match. The WWE did everything they could to build up the Big Show to look like a legitimate threat to Lesnar having him take out superstars such as Cesaro and Mark Henry but it just wasn't enough. Throughout the actual match we saw Lesnar take three chokeslams before hitting the F-5 to pick up the victory. He of course looked to be in extremely well shape and when you can man handle a man the size of the Big Show it's always going to look very impressive regardless of how many times we have seen it before. After he's showing this past weekend, Lesnar has momentum back on he's side and he has sent a huge message to both the WWE Universe and more importantly the Undertaker. Now that he has such a big victory over the Big Show he is now back in the drivers seat alongside Paul Heyman and we can expect the boasting, the taunting promos, and firery interviews to begin, all in the build up to what is set to be a huge match at Hell in a cell. But what can we expect to see tonight? I wouldn't be surprised to see Paul Heyman and Brock Lesnar make an appearance on RAW tonight, boasting about what happened on Saturday and building up Hell in a cell. I would actually really like to see that happen just because it would add to the excitement and buzz around the whole thing. It's also going to be interesting seeing what happens with the Big Show as well after what we saw at the weekend. I've said before but even though I am bored of him at this point, I do think he deserves one big run before he retires. To be honest, I don't think we will be seeing him for a couple of weeks just so it can push how much damage Lesnar caused witch I understand. I'm not expecting the Undertaker to make a showing this week either.

Seth Rollins has had he's hands full greatly over the past month dealing with the likes of Sting, John Cena, and most recently a returning Kane and things look far from getting better for the WWE World Heavyweight Champion. This past weekend Rollins once again stepped in the ring with John Cena this time inside a steel cage for the Untied States Championship and they yet again had a phenomenal match. Honestly, I don't think these guys have ever put on a bad match and ever will do. The one problem I am having with the WWE and the way they are booking Rollins is he's win/loss record. We really do seriously need to start seeing our World champion pick up more victories. He is competing frequently and putting on some great matches but it's just not enough when he's not picking up the victories it just makes he's title reign that little big weaker. He's work with Kane right now is something that I am really really enjoying. I said it last week and I will say it again I absolutely love the split personality Kane idea. It's such a timeless thing to do and it's working so well. Honestly, it has been keeping me so so entertained over the past couple of weeks and it's the first time in a while that I have been excited to see what is going to happen next in a Seth Rollins storyline. Kane has been incredibly entertaining since he made he's return at Night Of Champions last month. I cannot tell you how much I am enjoying the way he portrays the corporate side of he's split personality. The confidence, the sarcasm, the wit and the over politeness has gone down a real treat and he is doing everything so so well and so convincing. This was exactly what the WWE needed to do to make Kane interesting and fun to watch again. You can see that everything he says and does gets under the skin of Rollins and makes him even more paranoid. It's only a matter of time now before we learn that Kane will face Rollins for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship at Hell in a cell witch will be an interesting match up after a great build. How they announce the match and make it official will be interesting as well. The possibility of Kane taking the title off of Rollins is slim but not something to completely rule out. During tonight's show we can all expect to see Kane continue to push the buttons and torment Rollins throughout the show and he is likely to book him yet another challenging match, most likely another one on one against Ambrose or maybe Cesaro considering Cesaro's booking has been so terrible in recent weeks. A match against Rollins with an interruption from Demon Kane to end it will really really work for both Kane and Cesaro. It could also be how they introduce the championship match at Hell in a cell between the two as well. What I'm hopeing we don't get tonight is a twenty minuet long predicable promo from Seth Rollins witch after what we saw last week is actually really likely. We can also expect the Authority to react to last weeks actions on RAW.

At the moment the divas division is a little all over the place and it's borderline messy. It seems as though Paige has gone completely crazy (again), Charlotte is feuding with everyone, the WWE are still trying to keep Nikki Bella interesting and a key figure, and team bad have gone none existent. This is exactly what I didn't want happening with the whole divas revolution and it's officially safe to say the WWE have ruined yet another chance at trying to make a change in the divas division and it's such a shame. I do actually want to write a blog post talking about why and how they WWE failed the divas revolution storyline so if that is something you would like to see then let me know down in the comments bellow because that is without a doubt something I would love to do! The main storyline in the divas division at the moment is Paige and her heel turn if you want to call it that. She delivered a great little pipe bomb (witch by the way I'm sick and tired of hearing being compared to AJ's) but then a week later she's teaming up with them again and getting upset about them leaving her to compete on her own against team Bella at WWE MSG. I do prefer heel Paige one hundred percent. She works much better playing the bad guy/girl and she is much more entertaining as a heel but the last time they had her work as a heel on the main roster it went really badly thanks to poor writing and by the look of things the WWE are doing the same thing a second time round. They honestly make it impossible to feel optimistic about the division and the future of it on the main roster. I've gone right back to wishing that the NXT divas could go back to NXT and stay there. Charlotte has got her hands full at the moment with both Nikki and Paige on her back but it's the level of competition she needs and if there is one thing we all know about Charlotte it is that she is a true fighting champion and she will defend that title whenever and wherever against whoever at any time. It's likely that Nikki will get her rematch at Hell in a cell for the divas championship witch makes sense but what I would like to actually see at some point is a triple threat or maybe even a fatal four way introducing Sasha Banks of course. So if Nikki has her rematch before Hell in a cell it could be likely they will have Charlotte defend her title against both Paige and Nikki depending on how the rematch ended. Either way, Charlotte has a busy month ahead. The WWE also need to start thinking about Survivor Series and what the divas teams are going to look like. I'm loving the fact that Natalya is back on our screens and competing. Thinking about the matches she could have with the NXT divas that have just come up makes me so excited. I mean come on, can you imagine a fifteen minuet match or so between Nattie and Sasha Banks? Magic right? It's likely Natalya will join team PCB becoming now team NCB but to be honest I just want the whole team thing over and done with because the matches are becoming way to repetitive and predicable. Possibly matches for tonight could include Becky Lynch VS Paige considering what we have seen or Paige VS Natalya for the same reasons. It's also important to mention that RAW will be held in Boston tonight witch is of course the home town of Sasha Banks so we can expect to see her in action tonight receiving a huge pop from the live crowd. To be fair for weeks now the crowds and everyone at home has been demanding to see Banks in actions so it's about time the WWE listen. It will be great to see her wrestle tonight but she will probably also be out to promote NXT Takeover Respect as she is set to compete in the main event in a thirty minuet ironwoman match later this week. The prediction post for that will be linked bellow.

As I have just mentioned, this up and coming Wednesday we will see NXT Takeover Respect take place on the WWE network and we have yet another strong card with Sasha Banks and Bayley main eventing for the NXT Women's Championship in a thirty minuet ironwoman match. What we usually see is at least one NXT match on the last RAW before the event to promote the show and get everyone to tune in later in the weeks so I'm expecting the same thing tonight. There could be multiple superstars that could appear on the show tonight. The most popular would of course be Finn Balor and Samoa Joe. Personally I would love to see Tyler Breeze make an appearance just because I'm such a Breeze fan. What we could see is an NXT star accept John Cena's open challenge for the United States Championship and I really would love it to be Breeze. The feud between Dolph Ziggler and Rusev is pretty much come to and end in my books. With Lana out on injury it doesn't feel like there is a reason for the storyline to continue. The have pretty much done all they can do and I am really bored of the whole thing now. They both need to move onto something new. There has been rumours of Ziggler and Cena feuding over Nikki witch I'm hopeing isn't true in some ways. It's just such a predicable feud but I'm pretty sure I would end up eating my own words and enjoying the whole thing anyway. I have been saying that I want to see Ziggler turn heel really soon so hopefully that is something the WWE are thinking about just because it will be a great move to make and he would be able to do a lot more as a heel at the moment. And actually a feud with Cena could do him the world of good and could even see him take the US Championship before the end of the year. As for Rusev I'm expecting him to go one on one with Sheamus tonight after what we saw at WWE MSG over the weekend. With both superstars in need of the win it would be an interesting one to watch. Sheamus is a superstar who kind of just seems to be walking around fitting into matches here
and there cutting the odd promo and with him being Mr Money in the bank I'm expecting more from him and for him to start coming across like an even bigger threat as I have said plenty of times before.

Another match I'm expecting to see tonight is either a tag team match between Randy Orton and Dean Ambrose and Braun Strowman and Luke Harper or a one on one between Harper and Orton. With Roman Reigns fighting Wyatt on he's own now it leaves Ambrose and Orton still wanting to get their own redemption so we could evens see that very tag team match I just mentioned at Hell in a cell witch I would love to see take place. It would make so much sense and could you imagine Ambrose turning on Orton and then turning on Reigns later on in the night? I cannot tell you how much I want that to happen. I have to quickly mention that I have been so so impressed with Reigns recently. He's work has been so so strong and so impressive. He's really turning things around for himself and I know that I'm slowly becoming a Roman Reigns fan. It's likely we could see him in the main event tonight in a one on one against Rollins witch I actually wouldn't mind seeing to be honest. He's going one on one with Wyatt at Hell in a cell so he needs all the momentum in the world heading into it.

So they are my predictions for this weeks Monday night RAW, let me know what yours are and what your predictions are for NXT Takeover by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

Comments

Popular Posts