NXT Takeover Respect Predictions: Tyler Breeze VS Apollo Crews

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good! Now, I know that it has been a while since I last uploaded a proper blog post that wasn't pre posted and I have really really missed writing. I touched briefly on why I was taking a couple of weeks off but I will go into a little more detail now just because I think it's right that I do so. Some of you may be aware that I had two visits to the hospital in one week during the middle of September after suffering from sever migraines and about a million other symptoms and I was told I had high blood pressure and the reason I was so ill was stress related. After speaking to my doctor it seemed like the best move to make taking the rest of the month off and I have to admit while I did get very bored at times, it felt great to have some time out to rest and enjoy watching a wrestling product without thinking about what I have to write. However, my break is well and truly over now and I'm back today with the start of my NXT Takeover Respect prediction week. Throughout the week I will be uploading my prediction posts for every single match on the card for next Wednesday's live show. You guys all know just how much I enjoy writing these blog post so this is a great way to start a new season on my blog after a not so great month of September. As usual I will be live tweeting throughout the actual live show next week using the hash-tag NXT Takeover and on the same day I will be posting my support pictures so you all know who my final picks are for every single match. Before we close up the intro I just want to quickly mention that in two weeks time I will begin writing my of the year posts for two thousand and fifteen witch will start being uploaded on the first day of December running through to the first week of January so if there are any posts you would like to see in the series then let me know and I would also love to know who you think has been the superstar and diva of the yea so feel free to leave a comment bellow or tweet me at @TezangiVictoria.

In less than a weeks time NXT veteran Tyler Breeze will go one on one with the latest big signing, Apollo Crews at NXT Takeover Respect. With one superstar looking to gain momentum and the other looking to maintain it who will walk out of the NXT October live special? What can we expect from this match up and who is really in need of the victory more? Well, in today's blog post I'm going to be taking you back through what both superstars have been up to over the past month, taking a look back at their NXT Takeover Brooklyn matches and finally making my final bold predictions. With so much to get through let's not waste any more time and jump right into the blog post.

Here is what I wrote in my last NXT Takeover review about Tyler Breeze's match on the night:
"By far the most random match of the night of the entire year was the one on one between Tyler Breeze and Jushin Thunder Liger. I never ever saw this match coming and it took me by surprise big time when it was announced. Once I had passed the marking out stag of Jushin Thunder Liger actually wrestling at NXT Takeover I then just went into this mode of pure shock and confusion. It is easily one of the most random booking decisions I have every seen but I was really looking forward to the match itself. There was a really good story behind the match. The whole thing was about Tyler Breeze proving that he is the best there is in NXT and there is no one past or present that can match him in the ring. Plus he really wanted to be on the NXT Takeover card and was prepared to face anyone, including a legend. There's wasn't that much of a build up but I love the message that Breeze sent to Liger during the last NXT episode before Takeover. I also really liked the article that WWE did talking about who Jushin Thunder Liger is so that people can get to know him more and understand he's history. I was expecting a very fast paste, fun, exciting, and entertaining match and the more thought about it in the build up the more excited I got for it. The match itself was really really fun to watch. It was just as exciting as I was expecting it to be. Jushin and Tyler Breeze worked so well together and they put on such a great first match. I was happy with the amount of time they had. They both got enough time to showcase a great deal of skill and have a great night and they both got a strong reaction from the live crowd. I will admit I was disappointed that Breeze didn't get the win but it was such a fun match that I didn't really mind. This was such a great wait to start the night. It really got everyone excited and we really saw some amazing pure wrestling from the two superstars. Let's also mention how Jushin Thunder Liger looked freaking amazing in the ring last night. He really has still got it."

Back in August at NXT Takeover Brooklyn, Tyler Breeze was booked in what was quite easily the most random match to take place this year going one on one with Jushin Thunder Liger. The match itself turnt out to be as good as I was expecting it to be. Fast paced action, back and fourth and full of energy, everything you wanted to see. However, I was far from pleased with the ending. If you read my prediction post for this match (witch will be linked bellow) then you will know that I was backing Breeze and was convinced he would be picking up the victory. It did seem like the ending that made the most amount of sense. We have seen NXT use older talents to put over the new guys and it just seemed as though that is exactly what they were setting up to do with Breeze and Liger. So I was disappointed with what we actually ended up getting. Now, I'm a huge Tyler Breeze fan. I have said it time and time again but I believe he is one of the greatest talents to come to NXT and someone that has been proving a lot of people wrong over and over again. During NXT month on my blog I wrote a post talking about whether or not Breeze was the next Dolph Ziggler and I will link that bellow so you can give that read if you haven't already done so. Over the past thew months or so  we have seen Breeze go throw a rough patch in he's career with newer superstars taking the spotlight. As a result we have kind of seen him fade into the background with no true, gripping storyline. We have seen him bounce around the roster challenging anyone and everyone, teaming up with Bull Dempsey and having some backstage segments witch have actually been done pretty well. To be completely honest I'm glad that they didn't go down the road I thought they were going to witch was a full on feud with Bull leading into NXT Takeover next week. Bull is off doing he's own thing right now and a full feud with Breeze just wouldn't have worked. I do think that Tyler is in need of some serious momentum. He has been picking up losses and has such little momentum going for himself right now and he needs to get back on track. I know you have read this a thousand times on my blog but we all know that he is such a talented superstar, he's one of the best all round performers in all of the WWE and the fact of the matter is is that he needs to start getting back on track and in the bigger picture. What I do like however, is even though he seems to be all over the place right now the WWE/NXT are still keen to book him as strong as they can making sure he is on the NXT Takeover card and is competing in good matches. They clearly know what they have with him but now it's about showing him and he's best abilities off reminding everyone of just how dangerous and talented prince pretty really he is. I am still of course waiting for him to make he's main roster debut but it's clear there isn't really a place for him on there at the moment so I guess what they are doing with him now is best. Now, taking on Apollo Crews next week is interesting. It's clever booking and I have to admit I'm really excited for this match. Crews is a real challenge and real competition for Breeze and seeing how they work with one another is going to be really interesting and fun to watch.

Here is what I wrote about Apollo Crews' first match at NXT Takeover Brooklyn
"Up next we finally got the much anticipated debut of Apollo Crews, formally known as Uhaa Nation. I wrote a blot post about Crews for my NXT month and I will link that bellow so you can check that out if you haven't already done so. As soon as I found out that he had signed with WWE I was beyond excited. I cannot tell you just how bad my reaction was. I had waited so long for him to sign with the WWE and so when I heard the news that he has I was over the moon and way too excited. Since the announcement I have been waiting for he's debt week after week and last night it finally came around when he took on Tye Dillinger. I love that they didn't wait too long for him to debut. Since the moment he signed the WWE have been all over him coming tot he WWE and they have really hyped he's debut witch I have loved. Anyway back to last night and the match itself was much better than I was expecting it to be. It was longer than I thought it was going to be and Dillinger got a little more offence than I was expecting witch was great. Both superstars got a huge reaction from the crowd  and I'm not gonna like, I marked out big time for Apollo Crews. Honestly, my mum looked at me like I was mental. Even though I knew he was debuting last night I still marked out when he's music hit. Talking of music, I really liked the entrance theme. They did a great job picking a good theme or Apollo and I did have a sigh of relief when I heard it. He was by far the star of this match. He was so engaged with the fans and had an amazing amazing performance. In the time that he had he treated us to a little insight of what he's made of and what he can do in the ring. It was great being reminded just how fun and exciting he it to watch. For anyone that has never seen him compete before I'm sure they were all left amazed because even as a long term fan of he's I was impressed and left speechless. I cannot wait to see what the WWE have in store for him but he had such a great night and the entire world now knows that Apollo Crews has arrived."

Anyone that knows me will know that I spent a lot of time waiting for Apollo Crews to come to the WWE/NXT. I remember tweeting about it and writing about it all the time on my blog driving everyone insane so when he finally announced he's signing I was quite literally the happiest person in the world. When he competed in he's debut match a couple of months ago against Tye Dillinger at NXT Takeover Brooklyn I wasn't sure what to expect. I didn't know how long they would give him to show everyone what he can do and I wasn't sure who he would be facing. So I was very satisfied with what we actually got. It wasn't the longest match in the world but it was more than enough time to show everyone who he is, what he is capable of, and what he is going to be brining to NXT. Dillinger was the perfect opponent and it was nice seeing both superstars get such a strong reaction from the live crowd, it's just another thing that I love about the NXT universe. Everyone get's a reaction in NXT. Since Takeover we have seen him compete in a handful of matches picking up multiple victories adding to he's momentum. We have also seen some great backstage work with him as well. He has a really great character that's just impossible to dislike. I love that the WWE haven't changed him into something crazy and haven't got him doing all sorts of things. As it stands Apollo Crews is undefeated in NXT. He has been on a role since he's debut but this up and coming Wednesday he will face he toughest challenge yet in Tyler Breeze and I cannot wait to see what goes down between these two amazing superstars.

Tyler Breeze is the perfect opponent for Apollo Crews and visa versa. They are both able to push one another to their limits and with their shared skill, ability, diversity, character, and experience this match is going to be a real treat. It without a doubt has the potential to be one of the greatest matches
of the year. What I'm hopeing is they are given a great deal of time. Given around fifteen minuets these two could blow us all away and put on something truly amazing. Because I am such a fan of both superstars it's really difficult for me to choose a side but I have to go with Breeze for all the obvious reasons. Do I really think he will pick up the victory? If I'm being honest, I doubt it. Crews is still very new to the scene and the WWE are still pushing him and getting him started so I don't know if they would actually have him pick up a loss. If he was to pick up a win over Tyler Breeze of all people, a man who this time last year was main eventing for the NXT Championship then it would send a pretty big message. However, with momentum so low for Breeze right now I just don't want to see him pick up another loss. If he can defeat Crews next week then he will get right back on track. What is so great about this is that no matter what this is bound to be a truly epic match up and I'm so excited to see what these two bring to the table.But who will you be backing? Let me know what your prediction are and who you are supporting at NXT Takeover Respect by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

NXT Takeover Respect Predictions: Sasha Banks VS Bayley

Comments

Popular Posts