NXT Takeover Respect Predictions: Jason Jordan & Chad Gable VS Rhyno & Baron Corbin

Dusty Rhodes tag team classic match
Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good! Now, I know that it has been a while since I last uploaded a proper blog post that wasn't pre posted and I have really really missed writing. I touched briefly on why I was taking a couple of weeks off but I will go into a little more detail now just because I think it's right that I do so. Some of you may be aware that I had two visits to the hospital in one week during the middle of September after suffering from sever migraines and about a million other symptoms and I was told I had high blood pressure and the reason I was so ill was stress related. After speaking to my doctor it seemed like the best move to make taking the rest of the month off and I have to admit while I did get very bored at times, it felt great to have some time out to rest and enjoy watching a wrestling product without thinking about what I have to write. However, my break is well and truly over now and I'm back today with the start of my NXT Takeover Respect prediction week. Throughout the week I will be uploading my prediction posts for every single match on the card for next Wednesday's live show. You guys all know just how much I enjoy writing these blog post so this is a great way to start a new season on my blog after a not so great month of September. As usual I will be live tweeting throughout the actual live show next week using the hash-tag NXT Takeover and on the same day I will be posting my support pictures so you all know who my final picks are for every single match. Before we close up the intro I just want to quickly mention that in two weeks time I will begin writing my of the year posts for two thousand and fifteen witch will start being uploaded on the first day of December running through to the first week of January so if there are any posts you would like to see in the series then let me know and I would also love to know who you think has been the superstar and diva of the yea so feel free to leave a comment bellow or tweet me at @TezangiVictoria.

Next week at NXT Takeover Respect we will see the Dusty Rhodes tag team classics continue with two matches in the tournament on the card for the show. In one of those matches we will see one of the most destructive and dominate teams in NXT today, Rhyno and Baron Corbin take on one of the most well put together and consistent teams in not just all of NXT but all of the WWE, Jason Jordan and Chad Gable. To be completely honest with you I'm very interested in seeing how this match works out despite not expecting a lot from it. To start today's blog post off I'm going to be giving you my predictions for this first match and I will then go into the second. So with so much to get through lets not waste any more time and jump right into the action.

Here is what I wrote about Baron Corbin's previous match at the last NXT Takeover:
It was around a year ago that Baron Corbin made he's official debut for NXT. I remember being the happiest person alive when I saw him have he's first match at NXT Takeover and making he's mark in the developmental territory. I had waited so long for him to make he's debut and really get started and so when he arrived around a year ago at a Takeover show you can only imagine how happy I was. For the past year we have seen him take out a dozen wrestlers in a matter of seconds but he's only been in a couple of actual storyline's. He's first proper storyline was against Bull Dempsey where he picked up every single victory in the feud. He then defeated Rhyno in that feud a couple of months back and now of course he is taking on Samoa Joe and the two went one on one last night at the biggest NXT Takeover show to date. I am of course a huge Corbin fan. I have been way before he even officially debuted and so I haven't really enjoyed seeing what we have seen of him in the past year. The fact that he is over a year in and he's still competing in squash matches and we have only had less then a handful of good matches from him does piss me off a little but I do understand why they have done that with him. He has looked dominate and dangerous it's just about time that they started giving him some real competition. The WWE did a great article on Corbin in the week witch I advise you to check out. I do think that he works better as a heel and their are more opportunities for him as a heel and I really am a fan of he's feud with Samoa Joe. I mentioned this already in my prediction post but I honestly feel as though Joe is the perfect man for Corbin to feud with at this point of he's career. He's the superstar that could really push him in the ring and give Corbin some heat from the fans. Talking of the ans giving Baron heat, I just need to quickly go on a little rant. I understand that NXT has become it's own brand and is the home of the best of the best meaning that the standard is so high but people need to remember that this is the developmental territory. This is the place to learn, grow and develop, so when people give Baron hate for he's mic/character work and he's wrestling they really do remember that he is in the right place to learn and that is why he's in NXT. Anyway, I was of course backing Corbin last night despite being a Samoa Joe mega fan. I was really expecting quite a lot from the match just because I felt as though Corbin had a lot to prove and needed to have a great match. I'm so glad that I can sit here and say that I loved this match! It was so nervous that Corbin wouldn't be able to look good standing in the ring with Samoa Joe and I really did think he would struggle but he did all he's fans proud and had he's best match to date without a doubt. I honestly could have cried tears of joy after this match. He may not have won it (witch I didn't like but it's fine I've moved on) but he impressed me and everyone else so much. He looked dominate, and strong and genuinely dangerous. There were times were he was a little messy but I kind of over looked that. I will admit that I still think he needs to work a lot on he's charisma. It feels like he still hasn't really connected with the fans but he had a great night last night and really proved himself. I'm hopeing now we see stronger booking choices for him. Joe did great putting over Corbin and making him look as good as possible and he's victory was strong and convincing. With how the  match ended, I don't think this feud is over just yet. I would have loved to have seen Corbin attack Joe after the match but I was far too satisfied and happy that I didn't really mind.

Let's start off with talking about the rather odd  pairing of Baron Corbin and Rhyno. I didn't see this team coming what so ever. I knew we were going to see a bunch of superstars put together in some surprising teams but to be honest, I wasn't even expecting Baron to be apart of the action.  I was actually expecting him to carry on feuding with Samoa Joe and we would see a second one on one match up between those two at Takeover. With the history between Corbin and Rhyno as well it just wasn't something I saw coming but it does make a lot of sense. Both superstars like to consider themselves the most dominate superstar on the roster. They know each other well in the ring and they both have the same goals while being in NXT so it does make sense and together they create one monster of a tag team. Throughout the tournament I have been a little surprised with just how well they have worked together. Their two styles have managed to come together really well and they compliment one another greatly. Of course they don't have as much chemistry as some of the other teams witch was to be expected. After all they've only been working together instead of working against one another for a short short time. If I'm being totally honest, I was not expecting them to get this far into the tournament what so ever. I was defiantly expecting them to be out right now and I assumed they would just be keeping up the numbers and making sure there was enough participants so I have liked seeing them being used well and actually portrayed as a genuine threat to some of the other teams they are competing against. When it comes to their match next week they will be under imminence pressure and it's going to be one heck of a test of their compatibility. Going up against such a solid and well put together team like Jason Jordan and Chad Gable is a tough challenge. Both teams have a very different style and Corbin in particular is going to have to impress a lot. Back at NXT Takeover Brooklyn, Corbin did silence a lot of critics ad proved to everyone that he can go at it in a lengthy match. Going up against such a major challenge like Samoa Joe really did push him and as a result we were able to see a lot lot more of Corbin and he's move set and I was able to look at him and asses him properly. Now, even though he had an impressive showing he still has a heck of a lot of work to do with connecting with the fans, charisma, and he's all round wrestling ability and as a result I do think it's clear he is going to be the all round weakest competitor in this match. Gable and Jordan are extremely talented and have a quite a bit more skill than Corbin does, not to mention he's tag team partner has a lot more experience than he does so once again Baron is under a lot of pressure. What I'm hopeing is he is able to once again be pushed to he's limits and we will once again be able to see more of him and what he can do in the ring. As for Rhyno I think he has has been a great help for Corbin both feuding with him and teaming up with him. It's clear what Rhyno's role is in NXT and he has been doing a great job. It's also going to be interesting seeing how he works with Jordan and Gable as well.

I have been loving the pairing of Jason Jordan and Chad Gable. I will admit that at first I wasn't completely sure on the idea. I had a lot of doubts about how well they would work together and how much I would like the team considering just how much I loved the team of Jason Jordan and Tye Dillinger. But I have once again been proven wrong and I can now say that I actually prefer the team of Jason Jordan and Chad Gable to Jordan and Dillinger, witch I never expected to be saying! These guys are so consistent and so well put together. Everything they do is done down to perfection and
looks so effortless. They have developed a really strong chemistry, they work amazingly well together and their segments and backstage interviews have been keeping me very entertained. I'm actually surprised at just how quickly they have connected and how strongly they have connected as a team. Their very very You can actually visualise them as tag team champions in the near future. Throughout the Dusty Rhodes tag team classic these two have been the team to watch and have been the most impressive. They have without a doubt become my favourite team and the team that I am supporting witch once again I wasn't expecting at all. I have mentioned it a couple of times here on my blog and on twitter already but I'm pretty convinced that the WWE are building Jordan and Gable up as the next NXT Tag Team Champions. It will be a while before they do hold gone but I'm sure that's the direction that the WWE are going in next and because of that I do believe that they will win the Duty Rhodes tag team classic.

Like I have said, I will be backing Jason Jordan and Chad Gable next week at NXT Takeover Respect and they are also the team I am backing throughout the whole Duty Rhodes tag team classic. To be completely honest, I'm not expecting this match two be in line for a potential match of the year what so ever, but I'm interested in seeing how it plays out. Both teams have a very very different style and are all round just very very different so it's going to be an interesting match to watch. I'm of course predicting Jordan and Gable for the win. I don't think Rhyno and Corbin will picking up the win at all next week. The ending will also be very interesting I'm predicting a little twist at the end. Potential stand outs will most probably be Gable and Corbin. But this is all what I'm predicting, let me know who you are backing and what your predictions are by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

Comments

Popular Posts