Hell in a Cell Predictions: The New Day VS The Dudley Boyz

Tag team championship match
Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good. As you all know, this up and coming Sunday we will see the two thousand and fifteen Hell in a Cell pay per view take place live from Staples centre in Los Angeles and what a card the WWE have put on for us this year. Yet again we have a jam packed night in store witch includes the ultimate rematch of all rematches as the final big match up between the beast Brock Lesnar and the Undertake takes place as the show's most hyped and anticipated match of the night. We will also be seeing the WWE World Heavyweight, Divas championship and more defended alongside a bunch of title free bouts. Now, all this week it will be Hell in a Cell prediction week. This means that from today all through to Saturday I will be uploading my predictions for each and every single match on the card. On Sunday I will of course as usual be live tweeting throughout the actual show and all day long I will be posting my support pictures on twitter letting you know who my final picks are for the night. I want to quickly thank you all for being so understanding about my absence last month. I know I have mentioned it already but I just wanted to let you know why I was gone one last time just in case you missed the previous post I wrote about it in. To keep a long story short, I was suffering with chronic migraines and sickness and I a a result I was in and out of hospital. Eventually I was told the whole thing was stress related and so I looked back at my lifestyle and made a thew changes. I had been so busy and so stressed with work,re-decorating, and family issues and as a result I just became very ill and it seemed like the best move to make to take the rest of September off. But I'm back now and I'm so excited that Hell in a Cell is my comeback pay per view to write about because after all it is one of my favourites. As usual I will link bellow any recent blog post and that includes my NXT Takeover and the latest RAW Review and Reactions blog post. Finally, remember you can let me know who you are backing and what your predictions are by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

This up and coming Sunday, live on the WWE Network, The New Day will once again put their tag team championships on the line against the Dudley Boyz at the Hell in a Cell pay per view. We have seen these two teams feud for the past thew months now and we know what they can both bring to the table against one another, (like that little pun?) but what can we expect this weekend? Which team will end the night as champions? And what will be the next move for both the Dudley Boyz and the New Day following this title match? In today's blog post I'm going to be recapping what both teams have been up to over the past month and taking a look at my final bold predictions. With so much to get through let's not waste any more time and jump right into the blog post. 

Here is what I wrote about the Dudley Boyz in my Night Of Champions Prediction post:
It was back at one of the most eventful editions of Monday night RAW of the year, twenty four hours after the SummerSlam pay per view that we saw the shock return of one of the most decorated tag teams in sports entertainment history, the Dudley Boyz. Thanks to social media, it is next to impossible to have a return/appearance/debut of a WWE superstar kept a secret, with articles, photos, and websites revealing all. However, I think it is fair to say that not many members of the WWE universe had a clue that D-Von and Bubba Ray would be surprising the New Day only one night after one of the biggest events of the year. Growing up I was major Dudley Boyz fan, to the point where I begged my mum to let me attempt to put my brother through a wooden table. Don't worry there was more of a chance of seeing pigs fly and dogs sing than that happening. When they did make their shock return I marked out like the seven year old me was screaming to do so. It was so unexpected, so well timed and well done, I couldn't fault it what so ever. They returned with a huge reaction from the live crowd and everyone at home as they kick started a new run in the WWE after spending over a decade out of a World Wrestling Entertainment ring as they look to become ten time tag team champions. The return of this tag team in particularly does huge huge things for the division witch is undergoing it's only revolution. Over the years the Dudley Boyz have without a doubt become one of the most entertaining, must see, legendary tag teams in the history of this sport and the fact that they are back in action and working with some of the younger, up and coming teams is a massive deal. Their role is now about much more than holding gold/bronze, they are back to elevate the tag teams of today and the future,and starting with the New Day is the best move the WWE could have made. Xavier Woods, Kofi Kingston, and Big E have been the top dogs in the tag division for months and they have been looking for that real, tough competition for a while. The Dudley Boyz are that competition. Bubba and D-Von have bags and bags of experience and that really is going to be showcased massively this up and coming weekend. They won't be suffering from any ring rust what so ever. For the past several years both superstars have been competing in Impact wrestling both as a tag and solo competitors. I think that while working for TNA they have done a great deal of growing up and along the way have developed a brand new set of fans. Their will be some younger fans who probably haven't seen TNA before or their previous work for WWE who won't know who they are but the Buzz and excitement surrounding the Dudley Boyz would have gotten anyone doing their research. So far the Dudley Boyz and the New Day have developed a decent amount of chemistry. When Bubba and D-Von made their return they sent a huge message to the tag team champions on the night clearing the ring of all things New Day and sending Xavier Woods through a "table". From that the WWE have been able to work off of a decent storyline that consist of the New Day protesting that they #GiveTablesAChance witch has been extremely entertaining and fun to watch. This weekend however, the fun and games will be over. Will the legends of the tag division be able to knock off the hottest topic in the tag division today and become ten time champions? Let's take a look into what their competition has been up to this past month.

Since their dramatic return to the WWE a couple of months back, the Dudley Boyz have been chasing after the tag team championships but are yet to come up on top and pick up the most important victory over the New Day. Now, I'm going to be completely honest, I have lost a great deal of interest in this little feud. The New Day have been off doing there own thing and continuing to be the most consistent and entertaining superstars on the roster. Their booking has been very very strong and it's far from the same thing that can be said for the Dudley Boyz. Throughout the past couple of months we have kind of seen the booking worsen with time. They are still of course the ones to watch. They are clearly going in the direction of becoming the next tag team champions, it's just a matter of time but the past month in particular has seen the WWE fail to push them in the right direction and build them up the way they needed too. Their matches have been predicable and lacked depth and while they have done the job in building up their momentum but it hasn't been as effective.I haven't been as excited as I expected to be and  it's such a shame. I did really enjoy their recent match where they teamed up with Dean Ambrose to take on the New Day but that's pretty much it. We haven't seen enough diversity and the new day have been the ones to carry the feud once again. I think the main problem with this is something that we seem to get a lot and that's that the feud has gone on for too long and within that length the WWE haven't been able to keep things interesting and entertaining. It seems as though they put all their ideas and energy into the feud at the start and a couple of months in they have no idea what to do and we have seen it all already. Over the past couple of weeks things have gotten back on track but the match this weekend over all will be the decider. This needs to be something very special to win me over personally and get back on board but these are two very strong, entertaining tag teams so I know they can do it. 

The New Day are without a doubt one of the best things in the WWE today and they have been for quite some time now. They once again have been keeping me most entertained and have been one of the most must see talents on the roster. Their booking this past month has been extremely strong. We have seen them compete in much stronger matches against much bigger names. They have both been the start and the end of Monday night RAW and Smackdown, their role on the roster has become more serious and a much bigger deal. The attention that has been put on them has increased massively and as a huge fan I could not be happier. I have been writing about how much I want to see the tag team champions used more and finally we have been seeing that. The fact that the New Day are so put together and so entertaining has forced the WWE to push them to new heights and that is exactly what  they have done and it has worked perfectly. Whether you love them or hate them everyone is talking about the New Day and there is no escaping them what so ever. They are without a doubt the best heels on the roster and this month they have took it to a whole new level. This month has seen them not only focus their attentions on the tag team division but branch out to the rest of the roster and make their presence known and one of the main superstars the New Day have focused on is United States Champion John Cena. With all three having a go at the champion the team have been put centre of attention and found themselves in the main event of Monday night RAW. It was a couple of weeks back where we were supposed to see Dolph Ziggler challenge Cena for the US Championship but instead we saw the New Day drag Ziggler out to the ramp like a rag doll, moving he's lifeless body to showcase what they had done to him. In that moment we all realised just how dangerous the New Day actually are and we finally saw that something they had been missing. Taking away Ziggler's moment was key in building them up even more as heels but their actions, showing how far they would go to be champions was an even bigger moment. In that one night they were elevated to a whole new level. They became so much more than jokesters and all month long they have been proving why they are champions but how much longer will they have those titles. For the past couple of months the New Day have been doing battle with the Dudley Boyz and each time they have managed to come up on top but will it be the same come this weekend? 

There is no doubt that The New Day and the Dudley Boyz are the best thing in the tag team division right now. Their the most entertaining, interesting, and fun to watch teams in the division. The two teams have been feuding throughout the past two to three months and this weekend they will do battle once again. I may not be as excited for this match as I have been for their previous matches but I am
still very interested in seeing how things play out and how well the match is going to be. The past two times we have seen these guys collide it has been Big E who has been the stand out and in all honesty I'm expecting the exact same thing this up and coming Sunday at Hell in a cell. The two teams have a decent amount of chemistry and a decent story behind them so I'm expecting a great deal from the match. Who do I think is walking away with the victory? Judging by the build up and the direction the WWE are likely to go in I'm expecting the Dudley Boyz to finally pick up the win and become ten time tag team champions. They have waited long enough and it does seem as though now would be a great time to crown new champions. I personally will be backing the New Day. I still feel as though they are the best things going and are in a great place right now.  Even if they do drop the titles this weekend things will be far from over between the two teams and they are likely to clash in a big match up at TLC in December witch I have been predicting for the past couple of months. I want to know what your predictions are so leave a comment bellow letting me know who you are backing this weekend and what your predictions are by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

Comments

Popular Posts