NXT Takeover Respect Predictions: Samoa Joe & Finn Balor VS Dash Wilder &Scott Dawson

Dusty Rhodes tag team classic match
Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good! Now, I know that it has been a while since I last uploaded a proper blog post that wasn't pre posted and I have really really missed writing. I touched briefly on why I was taking a couple of weeks off but I will go into a little more detail now just because I think it's right that I do so. Some of you may be aware that I had two visits to the hospital in one week during the middle of September after suffering from sever migraines and about a million other symptoms and I was told I had high blood pressure and the reason I was so ill was stress related. After speaking to my doctor it seemed like the best move to make taking the rest of the month off and I have to admit while I did get very bored at times, it felt great to have some time out to rest and enjoy watching a wrestling product without thinking about what I have to write. However, my break is well and truly over now and I'm back today with the start of my NXT Takeover Respect prediction week. Throughout the week I will be uploading my prediction posts for every single match on the card for next Wednesday's live show. You guys all know just how much I enjoy writing these blog post so this is a great way to start a new season on my blog after a not so great month of September. As usual I will be live tweeting throughout the actual live show next week using the hash-tag NXT Takeover and on the same day I will be posting my support pictures so you all know who my final picks are for every single match. Before we close up the intro I just want to quickly mention that in two weeks time I will begin writing my of the year posts for two thousand and fifteen witch will start being uploaded on the first day of December running through to the first week of January so if there are any posts you would like to see in the series then let me know and I would also love to know who you think has been the superstar and diva of the yea so feel free to leave a comment bellow or tweet me at @TezangiVictoria.

This up and coming Wednesday at NXT Takeover Respect the Dusty Rhodes tag team classic will continue as  Dash Wilder and Scott Dawson take on the team of Samoa Joe and the NXT Champion, Finn Balor. In all honesty I'm not looking forward to this match mainly because of Dawson and Wilder. I'm not a fan what so ever and I'm not invested in them as much as the WWE want us all to be in. So expect this blog post to be a little shorter than the rest. In today's blog post I'm going to be taking you through what both teams have been up to recently and making my final bold predictions.

Like I have already said, I am not the biggest fan of Scott Dawson and Dash Wilder. I know that the WWE are pretty high on them and it does look as though they are building them up and slowly putting them in the spotlight of the tag division and with teams like Enzo and Cas and Blake and Murpthy slowly but surly making their way up to the main roster they have no choice but to start putting over other teams and getting them in the spotlight. However, I am just not feeling them at all. I don't get the hype surrounding them and I'm not invested in them half as much as the WWE want us to be. I don't like their image, their character, and they simply haven't wowed me yet.  Now, that could all change this week. This could be the match that turns me into a Wilder and Dawson mega fan but for now I'm not very optimistic. These guys are going to have to pull something pretty amazing out the bag to turn my opinions around and get me on their side. Taking on such a team like Samoa Joe and Finn Balor is going to be one heck of challenge. The experience of that team and the wrestling ability they both share is out of this world and it could go either way for Dash and Scott. They could have the match of their lives and get everyone talking about them for all the right reasons or they could simply be eaten alive and have the spotlight taken completely away from them. If they are to defeat Joe and Balor it's going to have to be extremely convincing and really well done, using the fact they are heels to their best advantage to get the win. I know that these guys do have it in them to put on a great match, their clearly very skilled in the ring but they are going to have to do a heck of a lot to keep up with the extremely high standard in their division. I do think that these two could be stand outs of the night if they put the work in and really impress. Timing is going to be key for them. if they are given a decent amount of time to compete then we could see something pretty amazing.

Here is what I wrote about Samoa Joe's last match at the previous NXT Takeover show in Brooklyn:
"It was around a year ago that Baron Corbin made he's official debut for NXT. I remember being the happiest person alive when I saw him have he's first match at NXT Takeover and making he's mark in the developmental territory. I had waited so long for him to make he's debut and really get started and so when he arrived around a year ago at a Takeover show you can only imagine how happy I was. For the past year we have seen him take out a dozen wrestlers in a matter of seconds but he's only been in a couple of actual storyline's. He's first proper storyline was against Bull Dempsey where he picked up every single victory in the feud. He then defeated Rhyno in that feud a couple of months back and now of course he is taking on Samoa Joe and the two went one on one last night at the biggest NXT Takeover show to date. I am of course a huge Corbin fan. I have been way before he even officially debuted and so I haven't really enjoyed seeing what we have seen of him in the past year. The fact that he is over a year in and he's still competing in squash matches and we have only had less then a handful of good matches from him does piss me off a little but I do understand why they have done that with him. He has looked dominate and dangerous it's just about time that they started giving him some real competition. The WWE did a great article on Corbin in the week witch I advise you to check out. I do think that he works better as a heel and their are more opportunities for him as a heel and I really am a fan of he's feud with Samoa Joe. I mentioned this already in my prediction post but I honestly feel as though Joe is the perfect man for Corbin to feud with at this point of he's career. He's the superstar that could really push him in the ring and give Corbin some heat from the fans. Talking of the ans giving Baron heat, I just need to quickly go on a little rant. I understand that NXT has become it's own brand and is the home of the best of the best meaning that the standard is so high but people need to remember that this is the developmental territory. This is the place to learn, grow and develop, so when people give Baron hate for he's mic/character work and he's wrestling they really do remember that he is in the right place to learn and that is why he's in NXT. Anyway, I was of course backing Corbin last night despite being a Samoa Joe mega fan. I was really expecting quite a lot from the match just because I felt as though Corbin had a lot to prove and needed to have a great match. I'm so glad that I can sit here and say that I loved this match! It was so nervous that Corbin wouldn't be able to look good standing in the ring with Samoa Joe and I really did think he would struggle but he did all he's fans proud and had he's best match to date without a doubt. I honestly could have cried tears of joy after this match. He may not have won it (witch I didn't like but it's fine I've moved on) but he impressed me and everyone else so much. He looked dominate, and strong and genuinely dangerous. There were times were he was a little messy but I kind of over looked that. I will admit that I still think he needs to work a lot on he's charisma. It feels like he still hasn't really connected with the fans but he had a great night last night and really proved himself. I'm hopeing now we see stronger booking choices for him. Joe did great putting over Corbin and making him look as good as possible and he's victory was strong and convincing. With how the  match ended, I don't think this feud is over just yet. I would have loved to have seen Corbin attack Joe after the match but I was far too satisfied and happy that I didn't really mind."

Here is what I wrote about Finn Balor and he's previous match at NXT Takeover Brooklyn:
"And finally, our main event of the night. Finn Balor VS Kevin Owens in a ladder match for the NXT Championship. I cannot put into words just how excited I was for this match. These are two of my favourite superstars right now and after their previous match I could not wait to see them go at it last night in a ladder match. Back at Beast in the East the two of them put on an epic match up, one of my favourites of the entire yea and I even had it as my match of the month (that blog post will be linked bellow also so you can check that out if you haven't already done so. I enjoyed that match so much and I could not wait to see them go one on one once again. Even though Owens has been working on the main roster and has officially got the call up he has remained  a popular face on NXT and has really been involved in the build up. It was only this pat Wednesday that we got an amazing promo from him witch just got me even more excited for last night's match. They of course had set the bar extremely high and we were all expecting a lot from the match. When it has become a ladder match I was beyond excited and I knew that we were going to be having a match that could quite easily become a match of the year candidate and I could not wait. I was also really looking forward to the entrances alone witch says a lot to be totally honest. Now after the women's match these guys were under so much pressure to deliver and even though they had an amazing match, I still feel as though the women stole the show last night without a doubt.  The ladder match was just awesome and exactly what I was expecting it to be. I don't feel as though one superstar stood out more than the other if I'm being totally honest. They both had such an amazing performance that for me there wasn't just one main stand out. The match was extremely physical and it was nothing like what we have seen from NXT before. They both looked like champions throughout the match and they really showed us what putting your body on the line really meant. I loved that even though the show ran over time the match didn't feel rushed and the night ended on a massive high. It was such a great way to close the night after what was an epic show."

Samoa Joe has actually had a much quieter month and I think that's mainly because NXT has been centred a lot around the divas division (witch by the way I'm not complaining about) but even before, during NXT Takeover Brooklyn he had a quieter run witch I always think is a good thing anyway. I was surprised to see him compete in the Dusty Rhodes tag team classic. I know I have already mentioned it in a previous blog post but I was really expecting him to continue feuding with Baron Corbin for another couple of months expecting them to go one on one once again at NXT Takeover Respect. So to be honest I was a little disappointed in that. However, how could you not be completely over joyed at the concept of a tag team consisting of Samoa Joe and Finn Balor. This is the team of all teams and they have been so so dominate throughout the Tag Team Classic. It's an interesting pairing considering were they both stand on the roster. Their both the top guys on the block and with Balor holding that championship everyone wants a shot at him and that includes Samoa Joe. If the there is one thing these two don't have as a team it's experience together. They haven't got the chemistry a team like Enzo and Cas have or even their opponents this week, Dash Wilder and Scott Dawson and that's going to be something that works against them this week. What they do bring and generate is interest and that feel of excitement. They can easily bring out the best in whoever they step in the ring and with an up and coming team like their opponents for Takeover that's really going to come into play and we're going to see a great deal of that. They will be pushing Dash and Scott to their limits witch will turn out to work amazingly well for both teams. Will they be walking away with the victory. In all honesty I think this could go either way. If they win this week then it's most likely they will win the whole tournament if they loose then I'm pretty sure there will be some kind of twist.

I have said it already today, but in all honesty, I'm just just not as excited for this match as I wish I was. I won't take away the fact that this is a match that has so much potential. This is most likely going to be the match that allows Dash and Dawson to really alive in NXT and make a statement. The closing moments are going to be very interesting because this match could really go any way. I
personally will be backing Balor and Joe witch I know will come to no surprise. Do I really think they will walk away with the win? Yes, I think they they have a chance without a doubt. What is so great about this match is there are multiple ways it could end. Once again, I don't know if I'm looking too into the whole thing but I have so many scenarios in my head when it comes to those final moments of this match. If they get the win this week then they will most likely win the whole tournament or there will be some kind of twist so that Jordan and Gable get the win and the push. If they loose this week then what I'm expecting is for Joe to turn on Balor targeting the NXT championship or Corbin and Rhyno come down to cost them the match witch could be the start of a fatal four way main event at the next NXT Takeover show witch will be in December. Either way, this is a match with a lot of potential and while I'm not super excited for it I'm very very interested in seeing how it plays out and what we see. Let me know who you are backing what your predictions are by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

NXT Takeover Respect Predictions: Dana Brooke VS Asuka
NXT Takeover Respect Predictions: Baron Corbin & Rhyno VS Jason Jordan and Chad Gable
NXT Takeover Respect Predictions: Tyler Breeze VS Apollo Crews
NXT Takeover Respect Predictions: Sasha Banks VS Bayley

Comments

Popular Posts