Five Underrated and Underutilised Superstars

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good! I'm back today with a little top five (again, I know I'm currently bombarding you with top five blog posts but they are after all my favourites to write) as I bring you a little list of superstars and divas who are extremely underrated and underutilised. This is a blog post I have wanted to write for a quite some time now so I'm glad I have finally found the time to get around to actually doing it. This one I'm very passionate about and I'm sure a lot of you can guess some of the names I'm going to be mentioning in this blog post. I have however tried not to focus on the obvious choices. You guys know that there are a lot of WWE superstars and divas who are deserve to feature in this blog post but I wanted to try and stick to something a little different and mention a thew names that are a little unexpected. As usual you can have your say by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria, letting me know who you think are some of the most underrated and unindustrialised superstars and divas of today are. I of course will be liking any recent blog posts bellow.

5) Summer Rae
If you have been reading my blog or followed me on twitter for a great deal of time then you would know that I am a massive Summer Rae fan. I know that for anyone who didn't know that you will probably be wanting some kid of explanation and are completely baffled but I promise you I can back it up. Unless you have seen Summer's work from her NXT days then you probably won't get why she is featuring in this blog post but if you have the you will know just how much she is being held back up on the main roster. Don't get me wrong, I am not sitting here claiming that Summer Rae is one of the best female wrestlers in the WWE and the world doesn't know it yet but what I am saying is that she is capable of so much more than what we are seeing of her. Back when she was competing for NXT she took on the role of the typical mean girl leader, the first lady of NXT. With Sasha Banks and Charlotte by her side, Summer found herself in a great feud with Paige that dominated her run in NXT and found herself as one of the top women on the roster. She showed some decent mic skills, amazing character, and to be fair she was pretty good in the ring. Whenever she competed she remained completely in character, she had a defined move set and I honestly believe that if she had stayed down in NXT longer than she would have been talked about much much more. I also want to mention how she truly has embraced everything the WWE has to offer, from her days as general manger of FCW, leader of the BFF'S, her alliance with WWE Superstars, Total Divas, and staring in a WWE Feature movie. The WWE have given her a lot of opportunities  and she has embraced every single one of them but the one thing they haven't given her is the time to shine as a wrestler up on the main roster. All we really have seen of her up on the main stage is her standing by the side of WWE superstars such as Fandango, Rusev, and more recently Tyler Breeze. She is seriously worth so much more than playing a little big of eye candy every other week. I would absolutely love to see her take a massive turn around in her career this year even if it means going back to NXT and doing some work down there. She has everything it takes to be a big part of the divas division with the potential she has. If you haven't seen her early NXT work then I would seriously advise you go and check some of it out.

4) King Barrett 
I recently wrote a blog post talking about five WWE Superstars I think deserve to be champion before two thousand and seventeen and Barrett was one of the names mentioned and here he is again popping up in another post. I think we can all agree that Barrett is capable of so much more than how he has been booked and deserves so much more. I have said it before but I have been a Barrett fan right from the very start. He's someone who's career I have followed from the beginning and so I can really see just how far he has come over the years. He's one of the most improved superstars currently on the roster but easily one of the most underutilised. As I sad in the other blog post I'm not denying the fact that Barrett has had some great storyline's throughout he's WWE career. He's early days as part of Nexus was amazing and I have next to no bad words to say about that. He's also got a great history with the Intercontinental Championship but looking back at the past couple of years he's booking has been terrible and to be fair injuries haven't helped him. The WWE have given Barrett so many changes to he's character and at times he does come across overly gimmicky and that's mainly because of how he is booked. If it was done right, he's king Barrett character could have been so much more successful and entertaining, but as usual the WWE over did it and had he's king of the ring win fade out into nothing and it became almost completely pointless. Wining that tournament should have been the turn around that he needed but it just wasn't. What makes me so angry is Barrett is the perfect superstar, he has a great image, he's got experience, he's fantastic on the mic, he's easy to market, has a lot of history with plenty of top superstars, and is a great wrestler full of so much character and charisma. If the WWE focus a lot on the league of nations then they could be onto something really big for Barrett if it is done right. There's a lot that can be done with Barrett but the writing is so important. I do think he would make a great world champion but I doubt it will ever happen but as I said before, a strong run with the US or IC Championship would be great as well. If the WWE brought back the European Championship then Barrett would be my first option for champion without a doubt. Sorry Neville.

3) Titus O'Neil 
To be honest, I haven't really spoken about Titus O'Neil very much in the past here on my blog or on twitter but he I defiantly am a fan of he's and I will agree one hundred percent that he is one of the most underutilised and underrated superstars in the WWE. I'll be honest, I wasn't a fan of Titus right back at the very start. I enjoyed seeing him compete in NXT (back in the old days) but I wasn't fully invested in him or saw any reason to hype him up at all, but as the years went by the more I watched him the more I became a fan and particularly in the past year or so I have really been enjoying watching him and I have become a much much bigger fan of he's.  Despite being on the roster for quite some time now I still feel as though we haven't scratched the surface with Titus and he's ring abilities. We really haven't seen that much of him in the ring and to be honest I can't even remember the last time or if I have ever seen him compete in a match around the ten to fifteen minuet mark by himself. He clearly has a lot of power/strength, he carries himself well in the ring, and has great wrestling abilities but with how he has been used over the years we haven't been able to see just how far he can really go. One thing we all do know however about Titus O'Neil is he's amazing charisma. He is legit one of the most entertaining and genuinely funny superstars. Everything from he's facial expression, to how he phrases certain things he says, he's a naturally funny guy with so much charisma it's unreal. It's a shame that someone who is so entertaining and so charismatic is hidden in the back so much. Throughout most of he's WWE career we have seen Titus compete as part of one half of the Prime Time Players and while I did enjoy their work last year thanks to stronger booking I still think that Titus has what it takes to be off doing so much and without a doubt deserves a big singles push. He has something really different, something that the top superstars currently on the roster don't really have and lets be honest, that WWE World Heavyweight Championship did look great on him when he held the replica. Now, even though I know the chances of Titus ever becoming World Champion are beyond small I love the idea of having being given the chance to do so. He can easily work as both a baby face and a heel and with he's charisma, look, and power he would make such an effective, dominate champion. That of course is extremely unrealistic but a singles push chasing after the IC or the Untied States Championship is much more realistic and I love to think that there is a chance of him getting that push. He's not the youngest superstar on the roster so if it's going to happen its going to need to happen pretty sharpish. Could this be he's year?

2) Luke Harper
Anyone that has followed me on twitter or has been reading my blog for a while will know that I am one of the biggest Luke Harper fans going. I honestly do not have a single bad word to say about him and I cannot put into words just how much it frustrates me seeing him being so misused. For anyone that has seen he's work outside of the WWE and have paid close attention to what he has done since has arrived you will know that he is such a big big talent with so much potential and so much to offer. I will try and actually link a couple of my favourite matches of he's from he's days before the WWE so you can see just what he is really capable of. What I love about Harper is he has such a different look to what we are used to seeing now days but he has that traditional big guy image that I love and is missing a lot now. However, despite he's size he moves around the ring like someone a lot lot smaller. There is so much to he's move set, so much that he can do and he already has shown that he's not afraid to do anything when he competes. He's a true hard core talent and you just know that if he was competing for ECW all those years back he would have been an outstanding superstar to watch. I do feel as though character wise the WWE have got things right but there is so much more they can do with it. I would love to see them explore he's character a little more and see what else they can do with him because he really does have so much more to show. As for bookings, I do love the fact that he has already been IC Champion but there wasn't much to he's reign at all. Didn't last long enough, he didn't do enough, and the all round booking for him while he was champion wasn't strong enough at all and there is so much more they could have done. I would absolutely love to see them pay more attention towards Harper. Over the past couple of years he has had some great stand out moments but it's not enough and he deserves so much more time in the spotlight. In an ideal world it would be amazing seeing him really climb up to the top spot. A rougher, more edgy, hardcore based World Champion would great to see and Harper would fit the spot perfectly but with the standard of the US and IC championship picture being so high recently thanks to the likes of Rusev, Kevin Owens, John Cena, Alberto Del Rio, and Dean Ambrose if the WWE booked Harper so strongly then they could be onto something really really special. There is a strong strong part of me that feels as though the WWE don't have a clue when it comes to what exactly they have with Harper, lets hope they can prove me wrong sooner rather than later.

1) Alicia Fox 
Alicia Fox is easily one of the most underutilised competitors in all of the WWE. Being an active member of the divas division since two thousand and eight, Alicia is a true veteran and knows her way around the ring better than anyone but despite being in the WWE for so long I still feel as though we haven't ever scratched the surface with her and it's such a shame. Yes, she has been divas champion and yes she has had some time in the spotlight but I think we can all agree that she is worth so much more and is capable of so much more than what we have seen from her particularly in the past thew years. She has such a wide move set, every time she competes she manages to show so much diversity despite having such little time to actually wrestle. If she was actually given the chance to shine and had more than three minuets to compete than she really could amaze us all. She may not
have the best character or the the best mic work but she is extremely talented in the ring and the more time and attention the WWE give her the better. I do however worry that time has run out for her. The WWE are so focused on the likes of Paige, the Bella's, Charlotte and the young, new NXT talent (that's not to say that's a bad thing) that I doubt they will be paying any extra attention to some of the older divas like Alicia and Natalya for example. Even though I doubt she will ever be champion again it would be great to see her get a push. Working as part of Team Bella has done her no good what so ever so the moment they break that up the better and when they do instead of giving the spotlight back to the Bella's I really would love it if they paid more attention to Fox and allowed her to compete in a storyline that was geniuenly interesting and entertaining before brining up any more NXT talents.

So that concludes my little list of five underrated and unsterilised WWE Superstars and Divas of today. Of course the likes of Cesaro, Natalya and Dolph Ziggler belong in the same category but I wanted to stay away from the obvious names for this blog post and give you something a little different. I'd love to now who you think should also be featured in this post so let me know by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

Comments

Popular Posts