RAW Predictions 22.2

Hello everyone and welcome back to my blog, I hope you are all doing well! Last night saw the WWE Present the final pay per view before Wrestlemania, the last big stop before the grandest event of the year. With the Fastlane card looking rather decent I was expecting a lot from this pay per view. We had some really good matches booked for the show and so I was honestly expecting a strong night and to be fair, I wasn't disappointed. Yes, there were a couple of stupid booking decision witch I will continue to rant about later on in today's blog post, but all around I thought this was a solid pay per view. I have been reading the general response to last night and I have realised that a lot of people weren't as big on the show as I was. You can check out what I thought of every single match from last night's pay per view in my Fastlane Review and Reactions post witch will be linked bellow at the end of today's post. Back to the present, and today I am brining you not one, but two posts (its been a while since I have done that!) and right now we are focusing on tonight and this weeks Monday night RAW. Now, this is where the action really gets started as the road to Wrestlemania kick starts stronger than ever. With just 41 days until Wrestlemania itself every single RAW and Smackdown is an important one for every single superstar and diva as they try their best to make it onto the mania card. We are guaranteed to be in for an entertaining and interesting Monday night RAW tonight after what took place twenty four hours ago. As always any recent blog posts will be linked bellow including last weeks RAW Review and Reactions. And finally you can let me know what you thought of last nights Fastlane pay per view and what your predictions for tonight's RAW are by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

It was announced last night during the Fastlane pay per view that tonight's Monday night RAW will kick start with the Vincent J.McMahon Legacy of excellence award. To be honest, we haven't been given much information about this. There have been no hints as to who would be picking up the award only that no one until this point of time has deserved such an award. Personally, I'm actually looking forward to this. I haven't got a clue who could be honoured tonight but I do have a couple of names in mind. There has been plenty of speculation over the past week as to who could be receiving such a prestigious award from the likes of the Undertaker, to Daniel Bryan, to Brock Lesnar all of witch would make worthy winners. The WWE have promoted this as a major deal heading into Wrestlemania claiming that the award and the introduction of the Vincent J.McMahon Legacy of excellence as a whole will have a big impact on the recipient, Wrestlemania, and the WWE. Like I said I personally am very excited to see who will be picking up this award and what it means. The start to tonight's RAW is sure to be interesting to say the least. I would love to know who you think the award will be going to tonight so make sure to leave a comment bellow or tweet me!

Last night, Roman Reigns not only conquered a beast but pinned he's brother Dean Ambrose to earn the right to face Triple H for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship in the main event of Wrestlemania thirty two. The end result to last nights phenomenal main event came as no surprise to anyone. I have been predicting Reigns VS Triple H as the Mania main event since November of last year and so last night was far from a shock. Saying that, I still allowed myself to convince myself that Ambrose had a shot at winning and so there was a touch of disappointment, I'm not gonna lie. Looking ahead to tonight, and the WWE have a real task at hand. They really do need to start putting the work in with this Mania main event. There are still plenty of fans who have zero interest in the match up, mainly because of how predicable and stale it is, even I personally don't have the level of interest I should have in a Wrestlemania main event. They of course can turn things around greatly if they worked at the story. Tonight, we must start to see more being added to this storyline. I want to be able to to go to bed tonight with my opinions changed slightly at least. I want to be entertained and interested in this feud between Triple H and Roman Reigns. At the moment there's just nothing really doing it for me between these two. It's all very predictable and recitative. I haven't been made to feel as though I should be super excited about what is to come. Tonight this storyline needs to be taken to the next level, there needs to be something new and original added to it for me to gain some interest. I also really need to start seeing more of Triple H. He's the World Champion and if he's not going to do anything during he's reign then what was the point of putting the championship on him in the first place. I'm expecting some kind of segment between Reigns and the Authority tonight. Stephanie and Triple H will be setting out to make life as difficult a possible for Reigns and we will see just how far they are willing to push him tonight on RAW. Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing Reigns and Ambrose go one on one but I really do not want to see a tag team main event involving these two again.

The main question on everyone's mind right now, is what is next for the beast and the lunatic? Both superstars had a fantastic showing last night during the triple threat main event, with Lesnar proving he really is the most dominate force in WWE and Ambrose reminding everyone that he is not one to be pushed aside, proving that that he is more than capable of being a top main event superstar worthy of being champion. Both Ambrose and Lesnar took a strong beating last nigh; we saw Lesnar power bombed through not one but two announce tables while also taking a series of shots to the mid section and back by a steal chair. Ambrose not only took a spear by Reigns taking away he's Mania opportunity but took a serious beating from Lesnar who showed the lunatic fringe no mercy. With such an impressive but unlucky night what is next for these two superstars? Personally, I was expecting the Wyatts to play some kind of role in the main event last night, attacking Lesnar but they mad no appearance at all witch did surprise me a lot. With the rumours and how many times they have targeted the beast it made sense for them to interrupt the match up last night. What awaits next for Brock Lesnar will be interesting now. He could still target the Wyatt family tonight on RAW, after all he is bound to be in a foul mood after having he's Wrestlemania moment taken away from him and taking those chair shots and out to be looking to release some frustrations. As for Ambrose, I really do hope the WWE have something special lined up for him. He had an amazing showing last night in that main event, more than proving himself. We are likely to see Ambrose and Reigns address the closing moments of the main event last night and probably put it aside and move on. A part of me wants to see Ambrose hold some kind of grudge against Reigns. This wasn't just any match he lost this was the chance to main event Wrestlemania taken away from him so I do want to see Ambrose a little bitter. As for new feuds, I'm still interested in Ambrose VS Jericho for Mania but regardless of what is to come we can be assured that Ambrose and he's booking should now take a turn for the best heading into Wrestlemania.

Last night's Fastlane pay per view was kick started with a divas tag team match between Sasha Banks and Becky Lynch and Tamina and Naomi. The match itself lived up to expectations with every single diva having a strong performance on the night. If you look back at my review and reactions post. I did not have a single bad word to say about this match and I was left very very impressed with Naomi and Sasha in particular. Banks and Lynch may not have been the best of friends but after putting their differences aside they were able to work amazingly well together showing their fantastic chemistry. With this rivalry reaching an end every diva is now looking at Wrestlemania and with this set to be one of the biggest divas matches in Wrestlemania history we can expect a lot in the next couple of weeks. The front runners for a divas championship match at Mania are of course Becky Lynch and Sasha Banks. It will come as no surprise that I am one hundred and ten percent for Banks competing at Mania and being crowned the new divas champion. That does seem to be the most popular choice amongst the WWE universe. Sasha is insanely over right now, she couldn't do a single thing wrong in the eyes of the fans. She continues to be undefeated on the main roster, yet to be pinned or submitted and so her momentum is at an all time high. Last night Charlotte retained her championship against Brie Bella and so has her own degree of momentum. The chances of a triple threat Mania between these three is very likely but I do think the WWE are going to go push a singles match up between Banks and Charlotte for the big stage. I read a tweet yesterday suggesting that Becky will be the female Cesaro, never truly getting her moment and I kind of back that. I do think we will see a number one contenders match sooner or later between Banks and Becky whether that will be tonight or not I highly doubt it. Something like a Miz TV appearance from the two divas both making it clear they are not friends and are both after the divas championship is more likely to take place tonight. Either way, regardless of what is set for the division tonight, it's great to see strong story telling and storyline's for the division. It's about time and I genuinely cannot wait to see what goes on next.

Last night  AJ Styles continued to impress after defeating Chris Jericho for a second time in what was a fantastic match. In my review and reactions post I actually noted this as a potential highlight match of the year. A bold statement but I still stick by it. I was honestly glued to my TV screen. These two put on a phenomenal match that exceeded expectations. Styles not only earned the respect of Chris Jericho but silenced any critics that claimed he doesn't have what it takes to make it in the WWE.
 After picking up such a massive victory last night, one can only predict what is awaiting around the corner next for the phenomenal one as we get even closer to Wrestlemania. Personally, I would love to see Styles and Owens go at it one on one at Mania for the Intercontinental Championship, however I do still really really want to see Zayn get the call up to face Owens at Mania. Yes I know that is very unlikely, but let a girl dream. I would love  to see something like Tyler Breeze VS AJ Styles tonight. It would allow Styles to continue's building momentum but it would also be the type of booking that Breeze needs.
We can also expect the Usos to make an appearance tonight to address what happened between them and the Dudleys a couple of weeks back. The tag team division is something that still needs some work but it's getting there. I was hopeing that Enzo and Cas would make their debut last night, I was expecting massively during that segment so I was very disappointed to see them not make an appearance.

So they are my predictions for tonight's RAW. As always you can let me know what your predictions are by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

WWE Fastlane Review and Reactions
RAW Review and Reactions
#ThankYouDanielBryan My top 5 Daniel Bryan Moments
NXT Review and Reactions
Smackdown Review and Reactions

Comments

Popular Posts