#ThankYouDanielBryan: My top 5 Daniel Bryan moments

This week Daniel Bryan officially announced he's retirement after sending out a tweet and further explaining why he was leaving on this past Monday's episode of RAW. While the news of course was very very sad to hear it did not come as a surprise what so ever. For the past two years or so, we have seen Bryan take two serious injuries and the WWE Universe have been questioning how much longer he would be wrestling for. I will admit I wasn't one of the many big big Daniel Bryan fans but I did admire and look up to him. He was such an inspiration and a joy to watch and I think every single person in the WWE Universe had a special connection with him. He was the one superstar who you could honestly feel the passion ooze out of. You could see how much wrestling, the WWE, and the fans meant to him in he's eyes and it made him so so special. I can honestly say that I really am going to miss him and the YES movement will forever live on and stand strong. Now, over the next couple of days or so I will be dedicating my blog to #ThankYouuDanielBryan week. All week long I will be uploading blog posts dedicated to celebrating the amazing career of Daniel Bryan and I'm going to start the week off by counting down my top five Daniel Bryan moments. There were so many to choose from and narrowing it down to just five was a lot more difficult than I was expecting but I think I have a list I'm happy with now. Quick side note, everything in this little thank you Daniel Bryan week will be personal. So every list and post will be what I personally think and my own personal favourite moments. Of course I would love to know what your favourite Daniel Bryan moments and matches are so feel free to leave a comment bellow or tweet me at @TezangiVictoria letting me know. And finally, I will be linking bellow any recent blog post including this weeks RAW Review and Reactions.

5) Daniel Bryan wins the United States Championship
I choose this particular moment to kick start and add to my top five Daniel Bryan moments of all time because it was the start of something big for Bryan. It was the moment that he proved to the world that the small guys can do it, working against the odds and proving the sinics and the Miz wrong. The whole storyline began when Bryan joined NXT with the Miz taking on the role of he's pro. Thinking back to those days really does put a smile on my face. It's feels like it took place much much longer than it actually did. I remember knowing a little about Bryan from he's career on the independent scene but as soon as I saw him on NXT he became a favourite of mine very quickly. He was the guy with a story. He had he fans behind him quick as he proved more and more week after week that he was nothing like he's pro the Miz. It was a shaky start for Bryan but once he was called up to the main roster he really did shine bright and he's feud with the Miz is still one of my favourites to this day. It was the feud that really jump started the career of Daniel Bryan. The feud that got him noticed. I remember being so invested in this storyline. Every single part of me wanted Bryan to walk out of that pay per view as the United States Champion. This as the classic story of teacher VS Student. Pro VS Rookie. The underdog story and we all love a good underdog story every now and then right? Bryan played he's role perfectly. It was easy to back him and jump on the team Bryan bus and I for one became a fan of he's so much during this storyline. I love basic stories that keep very focused on the wrestling and this did just that. The match itself was strong. The story remained clear and the wrestling was strong. The moment Bryan picked up that win I honestly marked out way more than even I was expecting. It was the perfect and right ending to a great story and it was the moment Daniel Bryan's career really did kick start. I'm sure this might not be everyone's favourite Daniel Bryan moment of all time but it sure was one of mine. It's one I still tell people about when talking about Daniel Bryan and a moment I always tell people to go back and watch, it had to make the list.

4) Hijack RAW
One of the biggest storyline's not only in the career of Daniel Bryan but the WWE over the past thew years has without a doubt been Daniel Bryan VS The Authority. It will one hundred and ten percent go down to be one of the greatest storyline's of the decade. I will admit that at first, because I wasn't the worlds biggest Daniel Bryan fan it took me a while to get into the storyline as much as everyone else, don't get me wrong I loved Bryan  but there are some serious hardcore Daniel Bryan fans I have never been up there with those types of fans. However, once I really got into the storyline I was completely involved I did get into the hype.When the YES movement was first created I don't think anyone could have guessed just how much it was going to kick off and how much of a success it was going to be. Bryan was never the conventional WWE Superstar. He wasn't the six foot tall, three hundred pound superstar that Vince and higher ups favour and despite being a major fan favourite he was never got the big push that we wanted to see and that he deserved. He was never truly accepted by the WWE as a top major, big name superstar, capable of competing at the level of the likes of Randy Orton and John Cena, never accepted as a superstar who could main event Wrestlemania. The night that the YES Movement hijacked RAW was the moment the WWE sent the message that the movement was finally being accepted and they were finally acknowledging Bryan as the big name that he is. The WWE and creative had accepted the fan base and finally the man that we all loved was getting the attention and the opportunity we had all craved. Finally the fans were being given what they wanted as the story continued as Bryan went from being the typical B+ player to the top man in the WWE. We had never really seen a sight quite like this. A ring full and an arena full of fans chanting "YES" at the top of their lungs was something that no one will be forgetting any time soon. It was such a symbolic moment. The WWE, the Authority, creative, had spent so much time avoiding Bryan's popularity, avoiding the fact that he was a top player but after the constancy from the fans they were forced to give in and finally give Daniel what he deserved. This was an iconic night and one of the most memorable moments of Bryan's career and one of the most memorable moments in RAW history. It really did show just how popular and over Bryan really was, it had to make the top five list, no questions about it.

3) Summer Slam 2013 (defeating John Cena clean)
Throughout he's career both in and outside of the WWE Daniel Bryan has put on some fantastic matches, matches that could easily go down as some of the best and most iconic matches in WWE history someday. He has had several outstanding pay per view nights/ moments. In at number three in my top five Daniel Bryan moments is one of my favourite pay per view nights for Daniel Bryan; Summer Slam two thousand and thirteen. A huge, action packed, busy and controversial night, this went down as one of the most memorable pay per views in recent years and one of Daniel Bryan's biggest stand out nights. Set to take on John Cena the odds were stacked against Bryan. We all know how rare it is that Cena looses cleanly and even when he does loose clean it's only a matter of time before he's chasing after that very superstar looking to hit back with an even bigger victory to add to he's plate. Cena's the top dog in the WWE, no one in the entire world can deny that so of course it is rare that we see him loose any match let alone a big main event pay per view match. So when Daniel Bryan put on a fantastic performance and walked away with a huge 1-2-3 against the top dog himself it made the moment all that more special. Of course the night didn't continue to go as well for Bryan after Triple H and Randy Orton screwed him out of the World Championship but this was a significant night for Bryan. He stood in the middle of the ring at one of the biggest pay per views of the year victorious over the biggest superstar in the WWE today, in fact, the biggest superstar of this generation. He proved once and for all that he is capable of being a main event superstar, worthy of being champion, taking the spotlight and working as one of the biggest names on the roster. This was a huge night for Bryan and a huge turn around in he's career and the way he was viewed by the WWE.

2) WWE Slammy Awards 2013
One of the my favourite moments of two thousand and thirteen was the Slammy Awards. With the ring gathered with past WWE World Champions, including Daniel Bryan of course, the WWE used this part of the night as one final big push for John Cena VS Randy Orton and their huge history making match up set to take place at the TLC pay per view. Bryan was left standing in the corner of the ring alongside past champions including Shawn Michaels and Mick Foley and while Triple H tried to deliver an important speech hyping the up and coming championship match and talking of the history of the two championships the crowd (witch was actually Bryan's home-town crowd) began cheering for Bryan and started the YES chant completely overtaking the whole speech to the point where Hunter stopped talking. Knowing how loud it translated on TV gave me goose bumps and so I can only imagine just how crazy it must have been actually inside of that arena. The fans refused to let the segment go as according to plan, refusing to be quite, giving all their attention to one person, Daniel Bryan. Every time I watch this moment over again I get the exact same feeling as I did watching it live. It was one of my favourite every Slammy moments and one of my all time favourite Daniel Bryan moments. It was the night that really proved just how over Bryan was and how respected, admired, and loved by the WWE Universe he truly was. This without a doubt had to feature in this blog post. I will always be going back and re-watching this amazing moment.

1) Wrestlemania 30
Lets be honest, there really was only one Daniel Bryan that could have fitted into the number one spot. Of all the amazing and memorable Daniel Bryan moments that have both been mentioned today and have not been mentioned today that we have seen over the years, there was only ever going to be one particular moment that could top them all and take the number one spot. Wrestlemania thirty. As I have already mentioned today, the Daniel Bryan VS The Authority storyline was one of the biggest of the past ten years (Bold statement but I one hundred percent stick by it). It saw fans unite and for once agree on something; that Daniel Bryan was far more than a b+ player and deserved more than anyone to finally become world champion. I was so emotionally invested into this feud//storyline it was borderline pathetic but it was so so huge and so easy to get strongly into and behind. The build up to Wrestlemania thirty was massive and the storyline was easily one of the biggest, most
successful, most popular storyline's to walk into Wrestlemania season and Mania itself. It was Daniel Bryan and the YES movement VS The Authority in what was set to be the final big showdown. The odds were stacked against Bryan big time as the fan favourite had to take on some of the biggest names in one night at the biggest, grandest stage of them all at an iconic year. Competing in the opening match up, Bryan had to fight he's way through Triple H in order to earn a spot in the main event for the WWE World Heavyweight championship. The match was intense and jam packed full of action. Despite being set to compete in two matches in one night, the game did not go easy on Bryan at all and this became a seriously physical and entertaining match, but it made he's victory even more impressive and he's performance later on in the night even more iconic. Going to compete in a huge triple threat main event at the grandest stage of them all, Bryan was able to defeat three of the biggest names in WWE history, Triple H, Batista, and Randy Orton all in one night and at the biggest pay per view, Wrestlemania. The moment he picked up that victory everyone went insane. I remember watching this with my brother and we both just marked out like crazy. This was a moment that the WWE Universe and Daniel Bryan has been waiting for for a very very long time. Seeing Bryan celebrate that special moment with he's family, confetti surrounding the ring and everyone on their feet chanting "yes" was something very very special and an amazing sight. This will forever go down as one of my all time favourite Wrestlemania moments of course my all time favourite Daniel Bryan moment.

And thats  my list of top five Daniel Bryan moments of all time! There were so many moments and it was hard to narrow it down to only five but I'm happy with my little top five. You would have realised from the intro that this post was supposed to have been uploaded last week but I was so ill last week that I never completed it in time to upload it at the weekend so I'm uploading it today. I would love to know what your favourite Daniel Bryan moments are so leave a comment bellow or tweet me at @TezangiVictoria.

RAW Review and Reactions

Comments

Popular Posts