NXT Review and Reactions 17/2

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good. Last week I didn't upload an NXT Review and Reactions post because I was unwell but I'm back this week with another NXT Review and Reactions post and after another great edition of NXT I'm so happy that I decided to write a review this week. I'm trying my best to upload review and reactions posts and posts that are very popular amongst you guys that read this. I'm slowly starting to manage my time better so I am uploading more frequently once again. On Monday I will have two posts uploaded for you, both my Fastlane Review and Reactions post and my RAW Predictions. My pay per view predictions posts will also be back soon with Wrestlemania predictions going up the week of the pay per view as part of Wrestlemania week, and I will also be writing and uploading NXT Takeover Dallas predictions as well. As always I will link bellow any recent blog posts including this weeks RAW Review. Finally, you can let me know what you thought of lasts nights NXT and what your predictions are for this Sunday's Fastlane pay per view by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

This weeks episode of NXT kick started with a huge eight man tag team match with American Alpha teaming up with Enzo Amore and Big Cas to take on Blake and Murpthy and the tag team champions, Dash Wilder and Scott Dawson. NXT really does restore my faith in tag team wrestling. I've said it before, I'm a big tag team wrestling fan when it's done right and from the very start NXT have been getting their tag division right and booked better than any other. Last night we had a four of NXT's best tag teams on display and together all eight superstars put on a fantastic tag team match up. I will admit that I'm still not the biggest fan of Dash and Dawson. They are slowly growing on me, one hundred percent , but I still can't sit here and claim to be a fan because I just ain't at all. I like what they stand for, I like their style and how different they are to most tag teams today but they're just not a team I'm finding myself backing and becoming a fan of any time soon. Last night was another big night for the tag team champions. They may not have picked up the victory but their all round performance was amazing. If I'm completely honest, last night was the night that I really started paying attention to them and they honestly really impressed me. They worked amazingly well as a team, looking like a solid unit, and their work with Blake and Murpthy last night was solid as well. They dominated a good chunk of the match and proved why they are the tag team champions. For once I actually don't have a bad word to say about them in the slightest. I was very happy to see Blake and Murpthy in this match up. You guys know I'm a huge Blake and Murpthy fan, they're actually one of my favourite tag teams across all of the WWE and have been for some time. It's nice to see them booked in such good solid matches that allow them to prove why they are such a dynamic, entertaining, and arguably one of the best tag teams in both NXT and WWE. They too had a decent showing last night but let's be honest, this match was all about the opposing team. When you put Enzo and Cas and American Alpha in the same ring at the same time your going to get fireworks and that is exactly what we saw last night. The crowd went absolutely crazy for both these teams and retained completely loyal to them throughout. It was almost impossible to tell witch team was more over than the other. Of the four superstars it was Chad Gable who spent most of the time in action, taking a serious beating but with the crowd firmly behind him Gable was able to continue fighting on and eventually make the tag. There was a certain moment in this match were Cas and Jordan just exploded and you could feel the energy from the arena burst through your screen. It was such a great sight translated onto TV that I can't imagine how amazing it must have been to have actually been in the arena at that moment. Now, the booking for this match was very very clever and I absolutely loved it. What I realised throughout this match was even though the two teams of four worked amazingly well together this felt like it was every tag team for themselves. They all wanted that moment to shine and they got just that. There was a great moment where Jordan and Gable went n for the victory closing up with their finisher but it was broken up by Dawson witch allowed Enzo and Cas to make the tag and pick up a massive victory over one half of the ta team champions, straight away putting them back in the championship picture. I honestly cannot tell you how much I loved this booking. Gable and Jordan clearly would have picked that win up if the pin wasn't broken but the rivalry between Enzo and Cas and the tag team champions hit an all time high when Enzo picked up that big big win. Who is crowned as the next NXT Tag team champions is without a doubt going to fall down to either American Alpha or Enzo and Cas and the booking last night made that very very clear. What we see in the tag division in the build up to NXT Takeover Dallas is going to be very interesting but this was a great start to the night last night. This division continues to impress more and more.

After being knocked out during her match against Asuka several weeks back, Deonna Purrazzo was given a second chance to prove herself as she got a rematch against the women herself. Last week on NXT Asuka made her presence felt in a strong way when she let everyone know that she was coming after Bayeley's NXT Women's Championship. I know I never wrote a Review for last weeks show but can we just talk about how much the women of NXT took the hell over last week. From the Bliss/Cameron match witch no wasn't the best in the world but well revived and highlighted Cameron's improvements to the amazing main event and fantastic ending. Any worries that fans had of the women's division struggling once the four horsewomen got the call up were well and truly banished last week. I am planning on doing a little update post talking in more detail about were the division is at right now and women's wrestling in the WWE as a whole so if that is something you would be interested in reading then let me know in the comments down bellow. Now, after the huge message Asuka sent last week the time to start adding to her momentum really came about and we know that from this point onwards every match for both Asuka and Bayley is a huge deal as the pair are bound to collide at some point, most probably at NXT Takeover Dallas. Last nights match up played out as predicted. Asuka didn't let a single move from Deonna throw her off and remained in control, impressing as usual and picking up another clean victory. Despite loosing, I'll give it to Deonna, she put up a decent fight last night and didn't give up at all right until the very end of the match. She really did impress me last night. She gave off the vibe that this match was a huge deal for her and you could tell how much a victory over Asuka meant to her. I'm hopeing the WWE take her on full time and we get to see more of her in the future.
After this match we saw a little backstage promo from Eva Marie and Nia Jax witch to be honest I kinda liked. NXT is doing all the right things for Eva Marie and I do really like this paring. Next week Eva and Nia will take on Carmella and and the champion Bayley in a tag team match so come back next week to see what I thought of that in my Review.

Tye Dillinger was in action next as he took on Alex Riley. I'm a big fan of Tye Dillinger, I've said that a million times before here on my blog and on twitter. I have nothing but great things to say about him. I love the perfect ten gimmick, he was so over when I went to NXT Takeover London and I still strongly believe he is one of the most underrated and underutilised superstars in NXT. Amazing talent but little chances of making it big time. As for Alex Riley, nothing has really changed since the last time I wrote about him. I can't stand him. I'm being honest. I don't think he's the most gifted superstar, I'm not ever really entertained by him and he kinda bores me. I mentioned it a couple of weeks back that yes I used to be a hue fan of he's back when he was on the main roster and working with the Miz and even when he had he's time in NXT when he first came on the scene. I liked he's feud with Kevin Owens. I thought that was a fantastic storyline but like I said in my previous review and reactions post mentioning Riley, I honestly feel as though he's place is behind the announce table. Throughout the match last night Riley was very dominate. He's clearly in great shape at the moment and he took control perfectly last night. I'm not sure about any current gimmick or character with Riley. He just seems to be very angry for no actual reason. I think the best thing NXT can do right now is build a story where he just keeps loosing. There isn't really a solid place for him right now in all honesty but they could work on a story of Alex going into a loosing streak and eventually just ending up completely ruthless and a serious, dangerous force to be reckoned with. Dillinger had some good moments last night, he had the crowed behind him and in the end walked away with a victory over Alex Riley. Smart booking but not a match that stood out for me. This was a match that was more about slowly building up a story for Alex Riley.

A couple of weeks back we saw Baron Corbin, Sami Zayn, and Samoa Joe compete in a huge triple threat main event witch saw a very controversial ending leading to last nights main event that saw Zayn and Joe compete one on one in a number one contenders match up. Fighting for a chance to face Finn Balor for the NXT Championship both Joe and Zayn put everything they had on the table refusing to hold anything back. This was bound to be a massive match up and one to remember and come the end of it, it was clear that these two did not disappoint in the slightest. Both superstars of course received a huge reaction from the crowd with Zayn coming across as the most over as expected. Personally, I love both of these guys and so I didn't find myself really on one side of one superstar massively. I didn't actually know who I wanted to win and so it made it so great for me to just sit back and enjoy this one. I didn't know what to expect as an end result and it just made it so much more fun to watch. These are two of the best superstars in the whole world, it was a serious
treat to watch them compete. It was Joe that went for that early kick wanting to get the upper hand straight away and he did just that. The start of this match was very slow paced. The two superstars barely let go of one another and it was a back and fourth battle as the two slowly started to scout one another. Eventually it was Zayn who was able to speed things up and change the pace after sending Joe out of the ring. It was then that the action really started and the intensity grew even more. There is a clear size advantage for Joe and throughout the match last night we saw that really come into play as Joe used he's size to gain control and stay in control. But we all know Sami Zayn. We know that fire that Zayn has, the will power, the resilience, and that was a vital part of this match. There were so many times that any other competitor would have fallen flat but Zayn continued to fight on like always. He fed off the crowd and fought on like the fighter we know Zayn to be.I find it amazing that this far into he's career and knowing what he is capable of Sami still comes across as the underdog in this match. The ending to this match was pretty amazing. Another controversial ending after what was a fantastic match. Both superstars' shoulders were down when the ref counted. An interesting ending but I liked. Yeah, I'm desperate for a number one contender now but this was such a great main event, we've been left waiting even more, the suspense is building and everyone is talking about it how can you not love this.

Another great episode of NXT. Remember you can let me know what you thought of lasts nights show by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

#ThankYouDanielBryan My top 5 Daniel Bryan moments

Comments

Popular Posts