Top 3 Underrated and Underutlised NXT Superstars

Last week I uploaded a blog post talking about five of the most underrated and Underutilised WWE Superstars of today and it went down pretty well. So I have decided that this week I am going to be uploading my NXT version. I will admit that because of how well superstars are booked in NXT it was much more difficult to decide on three of the most underrated and underutilised superstars on the NXT roster but I have a list that I'm certain I am personally satisfied with so I'm hopeing you guys will like it and enjoy reading. I will admit that this post was inspired by two certain NXT superstars that you will be reading about soon. I will let you know witch two are the ones behind the main reason why I have decided to write this post when their names pop up in the list. I will admit that some of the names in this post are in here because I think they are superstars who I think deserve a little more credit by the fans and or deserve more attention by the WWE. Like I said this was a really difficult post to write because of how small the roster is and how well booked they are, it means that there are some names in here that you might think to yourself why on earth is she writing about these guys but I hope you like it anyway. As always I will link bellow any recent blog posts including my most recent NXT Review and Reactions. Finally, you can let me know who you think is the most underrated and underutilised NXT Superstar by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

Dash Wilder and Scott Dawson
If you have been reading my blog posts and or have been following me on twitter for long enough than you would know that I am not the biggest fan of Dash Wilder and Scott Dawson. I'm not going to deny that talents what so ever but personally that their just not a tag team or two superstars who I have gotten as behind as much as other teams. There are some people who think these two are the best things since slice bread while I just don't see the hype. However, they would not be featuring in this blog post if I didn't think they were something special. The fans of Dash and Dawson are serious fans. They absolutely love the, but I honestly don't feel as though they get the credit they deserve at all. The NXT tag team division is so so strong with the likes of American Alpha, The Vaudevillians, and Enzo and Cas that it's easy for teams like Dash and Dawson despite being champs to fail to get the attention and hype they deserve. I feel as though I'm completely contradicting myself here. I mentioned this in this weeks NXT Review and reactions posts, but I really do love everything that Dash and Dawson stand for. They are all about pure, physical wrestling. No flips and tricks and I like that. Their raw, plain, and simple and they keep to what they know and that's something you have to love. It's nice to see a tag team who look very different to the conventional WWE Superstar and are here saying hey your not going to see us do funky flips over the top rope and fancy tricks but you are going to see is some brilliant wrestling and that is exactly what we have been seeing from them. The thing with Dash and Dawson is they really did pop up out of nowhere. No on really know all that much about them and then all of a sudden they were the NXT Tag team champions. Now, I love the fact that in NXT anyone can get their big push at any time especially in the tag division, we have seen it done before these guys with Buddy Murpthy and Wesley Blake. With Dash and Dawson however, because they weren't so in your face and as exciting if thats the right word it's taken them longer to win the fans over and prove themselves more. I know that for me personally its take time to get used to them and have them grow on me and it's take even longer for me to actually become a fan. The turning point, the point where I really began to notice these guys and they stood out to me as a seriously solid, good tag team was at NXT Takeover London. Being there, they picked up a decent reaction and on the night competed to such a high level exceeding expectations. Since then they really have stood out to much much more. They are clearly extremely talented in ring performers. They have different style in the ring and their character is different to what we are used to seeing now days, but I like different and the more we see of these guys the more I'm growing to like them. Their not the best on the mic and their not the strongest characters but they have a clear message they're great in the ring and have bring that real, no holding back, brutality, pure, raw wrestling and I love that. I do think they are still much more underrated by the NXT universe than most tag teams and deserve a lot more credit than they actually get, hence the reason they are featuring in this blog post today.

Cameron 
I know I'm probably going to get a great deal of heat for adding the next person into this blog post but I honestly think she deserve to be in this list and I'm actually really really passionate about number two so here goes. Cameron. I'm not going to lie, I can sit here, put my hands up and honestly say that I was never ever a fan of Cameron. I saw her just like most of you reading this saw her. I did't know much about her or notice her all that much until Total Divas. She was never someone who really stood out to me and I only really remembered her days from tough enough. I mean who is going to forget her favourite match of all time right? I didn't like how she came across on Total Divas. For a long time I saw her as another pretty girl looking for fame and not serious about wrestling or being a WWE diva. However, I can't remember what series it was but there was an episode where she completely changed my opinions of her and I actually started to become a supporter of hers. Making the bold move to go back down to NXT to focus on training and bettering herself, Cameron showed everyone how much wrestling and the WWE actually meant to her and showed how hard she was willing to work to prove people wrong and make it as a successful WWE diva one day up on the main roster. I have to credit her for that. She really did put her head down and start working her butt off. It's that determination and heart that I have wanted to see come from the likes of Eva Marie. With Cameron her commitment felt much more real and serious and important to her it's why I'm sitting here a much bigger fan of hers and was more supportive of Cameron. Now, I'm not going to start claiming that Cameron is this hugely gifted wrestler and everyone is too dumb to realise and see that because she's far from the level of someone like Sasha Banks or Bayley, we all know that, but I think for anyone to sit there and say that she hasn't made any improvements, worked hard, and has some great moves in her arsenal is just insane! This is something I am really really passionate about because I think regardless of the stupid mistakes and messy matches Cameron has made since being a WWE Diva she has always shown signs of having great potential showing us all some impressive moves in several matches she has competed in. Yes, she's far from being NXT Women's Champion material and she has some serious mic work to improve on but if we look at the little bits we have seen from her over the past six to eight months or so no one can deny that she has come a long way and clearly has so so so much potential to be something pretty great. The more time she spends training in the performance center, the more house shows she works and the more TV time she gets the more she's going to improve and the more she is going to surprise us all.  I do think the fans need to cut Cameron some slack because she has come such a long way since her days as a Funkadactl. If the WWE make sure they have some good booking plans for her in the next year then we could be in for something pretty special with Cameron. Cut her some slack!

Tye Dillinger 
Tye Dillinger is by far the most underutilised NXT superstar. There is no doubt about it what so ever. I have written several blog posts and made several tweets talking about Tye Dillinger and how underutilised he is including a get to know post witch I will try and link bellow where I speak in more detail about all the amazing things he has done and how experienced he is. There have been so many fans and WWE/NXT Superstars who have also spoken about how amazingly talented Tye is and how underutilised he is. I know most of you will already know this but Tye is a superstar who has been wrestling for a very very long time. Throughout he's career he has done loads of work for the WWE and wrestled across the world. Knowing how amazingly talented and experienced he just adds to the frustrations I have about how little and how poorly he is being used. He is not only capable of having a fantastic WWE career delivering fantastic matches and storyline's/feuds but because of how experienced he is means that he is able to make some great younger superstars look really good as well. When he first arrived in NXT and was paired up with Jason Jordan I was very happy. If you have been reading my blog for long enough or have been following me on twitter then you will know that I loved these guys working as a tag team. I was probably the biggest fan of Jordan and Dillinger as a tag team. Week after week I would write about how much I loved these guys. For me they just had everything. Good chemistry, they looked well together, they just for me looked like the perfect tag team. Of course I understand why they separated them and American Alpha is now by far my
favourite tag team and I wouldn't have it any other way at all. The perfect ten gimmick I love. It was huge during Takeover London, he makes it work and it is effective, the fans love it. Do I think he could have something better yeah, absolutely, I think he could have gimmick that is much more serious but he makes the perfect ten work just fine and if he is booked right in the future then he could still be a great success. I think once he gets the call up he would fit very nicely into the IC and United States championship picture but like I said, I do think he could easily be a main event talent because of how talented he is in the ring and because of he's experience. Over the past year or so he hasn't booked all that great, mainly being used for new comers and bigger names to get a win over but he has proven that he can hold he's own perfectly fine and put on great matches just look at what we saw from him against Sami Zayn. What I'm hopeing is that even though it's unlikely he is going to get a big push any time soon I would really like to see him put up against great superstars who can really push him and allow him to showcase he's talents to the best. Longer matches, short feuds, Takeover matches, and more attention would be enough to keep me satisfied for a while but in the long run I would really like to see him actually get the push he more than deserves.

So that is my little list. This was originally going to be a top five but I couldn't think of five that I agreed should be in the list. I hope that you guys enjoyed this little post. Let me know who you think is the most underrated and underutilised NXT Superstar by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

WWE Fastlane Review and Reactions
RAW Review and Reactions

Comments

Popular Posts