RAW Predictions 1/2

Hello everyone, I hope you are all well and good and have had a decent start to the week and the new month. It's of course Monday evening and that of course means it's RAW night and I have finally decided to bring back my RAW Predictions. I used to upload these every single week but after I started to get really busy during the Christmas season they just sort of faded out and I cannot remember the last time I uploaded one. I have decided that this month I am going to try and write and upload a RAW prediction post every single week if I can. I used to love writing these posts so I am really really looking forward to starting them up again, even though I do feel it's going to take time before I upload a decent one that sounds as good as what I used to upload. But I'm gonna give it a go anyway. You would have also seen last week that both NXT Review and Reaction posts and Smackdown Review and Reaction posts have started to go up again and I will link both of last weeks editions bellow so you can give those a read if you haven't already. I am thinking about bringing back my RAW review posts so if that is something you would like to see then let me know. I would also love to know if there is any particular posts you would like to see uploaded during Wrestlemania season! As usual I will link bellow any recent blog posts and you of course can let me know what your predictions are for tonight's Monday night RAW by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

After winning the two thousand and sixteen Royal Rumble last Sunday, Triple H returned to Monday night RAW twenty four hours later showing off he's latest piece of gold. After what was a very predicable opening to the show it was announced by Stephanie McMahon that every superstar on the roster had the chance to main event Fastlane with the winner of that match going on to face Triple H at Wrestlemania, all they had to do was stand out. I haven't made many comments about Triple H becoming champion and what I think so I'm going to briefly touch on it now; I do think that storyline wise it makes sense one hundred and ten percent. No one can deny that, I was predicting that ending from December and so it didn't come as a surprise to me what so ever. Do I like the fact that he won? Honestly, no I really don't. It's not the worse way it could have ended but he wasn't the superstar I was backing, most of you know that I was team Bray Wyatt all night but like I said, the story makes sense and the build up to the pay per view and the rumble itself pointed towards Triple H winning the whole time, anyone could have seen that. Anyway, back to last week and after making a huge impact during the RAW main event Dean Ambrose and Roman Reigns learnt that they alongside the beast Brock Lesnar would square  off in a triple threat at Fastlane in under three weeks time with the winner going on to face Hunter for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship at Wrestlemania. I'm not gonna lie, I absolutely love the fact that Ambrose has found himself in a big main event and receiving a pretty strong push at the moment but this Fastlane match could not be any more predicable. I think we all know that the Wyatts will be costing Lesnar the match and Reigns will one hundred percent be walking out the victor. This was my big issue with Triple H winning the Rumble. The next couple of months are so predicable and predicable can be okay at times but the WWE are just going to be providing  us with what we have been watching for the past several months. Reigns having Promos and segments with and to the Authority, Reigns getting a beat down, Ambrose taking a beating because of Reigns, Roman and Dean tag teaming week in and week out, and so on. Now, Reigns was doing really well. He was earning the respect of fans, he's following was getting stronger and people were finally starting to get behind him but over the past couple of weeks or even months you can see that things are starting to change and once again the fans are slowly starting to turn on Reigns again and I can totally see why. The WWE are going full circle with Reigns. Everything we disliked about Reigns at the start of twenty fifteen is what we are seeing now. I am planning on doing a blog post on this in the week so let me know if that is something you want to see as well.
Looking ahead to tonight however, and I'm not expecting anything great. We know what Lesnar is set to make a return and so some kind of alteration between the three Fastlane main eventers is something to predict. However, what I am hopeing is that the WWE keep all three of the slightly apart. Instead of Ambrose and Reigns teaming up with each other every single week I really do think that they should just focus on all three of the building momentum on their own. Singles matches that are basic but memorable and help in the build up. I'd also love to see Ambrose really take every by storm in the next couple of weeks. He's had a good past month, and amazing one even and I really would love to see him carry on building that and staying on that track. A segment with Reigns and the Authority, unfortunately, is something I am expecting.

As I have already touched on today, tonight the beast, Brock Lesnar will make he's return to Monday night RAW and after what occurred at the Royal Rumble pay per view last Sunday the former World Champion is bound to be in a bad mood and after the announcement last week that he will be facing Dean Ambrose and Roman Reigns in the Fastlane main event for a chance to face Triple H for the World Championship at Wrestlemania, there is a lot to expect tonight from both the beast and Paul Heyman. Not only is Lesnar set to compete in a massive main event in less than three weeks time but he also needs to be keeping a close eye on The Wyatt Family. After being targeted by the clan for a couple of weeks now including their little plan to work together to eliminate Lesnar at the Rumble, effectively costing him the championship we can expect this to be one of the driving forces and main attractions of the night tonight. Personally, I have high hopes for this feud. I think there is a lot of good and a lot of not so good things that could come out of this Bray Wyatt/Brock Lesnar feud. So far the WWE have done a good job. I have gained interest in the feud and I do want to see where they go next with it. My one big issue is the possibility of Wyatt once again picking a fight he can't finish and losing another big feud going into Wrestlemania. I said it a lot throughout January, but I really do believe this could be the year of Bray Wyatt if the WWE make the right steps. This feud with Lesnar could be either absolutely amazing or one of the biggest mistakes they make this year. The match itself will be interesting alone when it comes about. I'm defiantly expecting the two to clash as Mania. I have already mentioned that I think Bray will be costing Lesnar the triple threat match at Fastlane but I really want to see something different at Wrestlemania when they do clash. One of my friends actually said that he would love to see Lesnar take on all four of the Wyatt family members witch I have to admit is something I would love to see as well. I do want to see something different. Looking at what to expect tonight, Lesnar has a lot to focus on and a lot of built up frustration. Who he takes that out on will be one to watch. What I would love to see is Lesnar just go completely mental on everyone. Heyman is bound to bring up both the Fastlane main event and the Wyatts and I would love it if throughout the night the theme of the show is Lesnar proving why he is the beast and why he should be in the main event of Wrestlemania. Looking at Bray Wyatt, Roman Reigns, and Dean Ambrose, they are all miles ahead of him at the moment when it comes to momentum and that needs to change tonight. It would be great if throughout the night we just see Lesnar take out the Wyatts, Ambrose, and Reigns along with other superstars at different parts of the night. See it as Heyman letting he's beast loose. The WWE have hinted that Wyatt will be involved tonight with Lesnar in some way whether if they collide or Heyman mentions him.

It was at the Royal Rumble pay per view last week that we saw Sasha Banks makes her return to the WWE, targeting the divas champion and sending a huge statement to Charlotte and the WWE universe, Banks made her intentions very very clear. There is no denying the fact that Sasha Banks is the most over WWE Diva on the roster right now. The reaction she received at the Royal Rumble was insane, one of the biggest pops I have ever heard for female talent and she one hundred and ten percent deserves every single cheer that she gets. Since getting the call up last summer, Banks has been waiting for her moment to shine and while her win/loss record is pretty impressive she is the last of the three NXT calls ups to get the time in the spotlight and put in the divas championship and it's about time. Over the weekend Team B.A.D did reunite but I'm hopeing it was a house show thing and not something that sticks. We all know that being apart of team B.A.D is only holding Sasha back and I think it's safe to say that we are all bored of the team thing now anyway. If there is any good that could come out of them still working together it's Sasha turning on both of them or Tamina and Naomi making her choose between being apart of team B.A.D or moving onto something new. I mentioned before that I think Naomi and Sasha could have an amazing match if they had the time. Say that fifteen minuets those two could turn everything around. What I'm expecting tonight is a tag team match. Yes another one, but this time one that we might be interested in. As we saw on Smackdown last week Becky Lynch came to the aid of Natalya after Charlotte took things that little be further than she should have. What would be interesting tonight would be Natalya and Becky VS Sasha and Charlotte. I think there is a lot of people who are expecting that match and I think it would be interesting. I'd absolutely love to see it booked tonight. It would be great to see more of Natalya and see her compete more and at the same time building up more of a feud between Sasha and Charlotte, forcing them to work together. Personally, I'm not a fan of Becky still being in the title picture but she's a great competitor and has a strong following so it's no big deal. I'm predicting either a triple threat at Wrestlemania or Sasha and Becky going one on one at Fastlane in a number one contenders match. No matter what is booked for tonight, Fastlane, and Wrestlemania its great seeing the NXT girls take centre stage and to finally seeing a divas storyline that we actually find interesting and can get behind. A match to promote total divas is likely to take place tonight as well. Possibly something like Paige VS Alicia Fox after last weeks episode.

The month of January was a great one for Kalisto, several solid, entertaining matches, a decent feud with Alberto Del Rio, and becoming a two time United States Champion. He has been doing better than I could ever had imagined one he's own as a solo competitor and is proving that he doesn't need to just feature in a tag team to succeed in the WWE. Every single week he has been defying the odds and proving everyone wrong and I can honestly sit here and say that I have become a big Kalisto fan in the past couple of weeks. At the moment the cruiser-weights are seriously growing and taking over, last week on Smackdown Kalisto and Adrian Neville competed in a fantastic United States Championship match that I would advice everyone to go and watch. I will link bellow my Smackdown Review and Reaction so you can see what I had to say about that match in full. I honestly could have watched the two of them compete all night longer and every single part of me was wishing that the match went on for much longer. Now, we know that Del Rio and Kalisto will go one on one again for the Championship but I honestly think that Kalisto can bring something very different and entertaining to the table and to the championship and he's match with Neville proved what standard he can compete at. I would love to see these two go at it again. I honestly believe that they could deliver a great match at Wrestlemania if they were given the chance but I'm not expecting. Instead I think that a fatal four way is something more suited for the championship so most probably something like Neville VS Kalisto VS Del Rio VS someone else maybe Kevin Owens to shake it up a little but even that could be asking for. I'd love to see Neville and Kalisto compete again this time on RAW tonight. If the match does take place, Del Rio attacking the champ after or during the match could be something great especially as the build up to Fastlane begins.

I'm going to quickly touch on the tag team division. You guys all know that I'm not an Usos fan to say the least, I don't need to keep repeating myself but what I will keep saying that I seriously am growing more and more bored and more and more frustrated with them being stuck in the championship picture. I'm bored of seeing them feud with the New Day. I'm so desperate for something different. A new feud, something refreshing in the tag division. The New Day are still the only things keeping me interested. Maybe it's time to start looking at calling an NXT team up to shake things up a little and bring something new. I hate to admit it but I do feel as though the New Day will eventually be dropping the tag team championships to the Usos within the next month but I of course hope I'm very wrong.

And finally, last week Chris Jericho and AJ Styles competed in a great match on Monday night
RAW, one that left great smiles on the faces of many members of the WWE universe including myself. You hear the words Chris Jericho VS AJ Styles and you know you're in for something special and a dream match up and the pair did not disappoint in the slightest even though I do wish the match was even longer. Looking at things a week later and both these superstars find themselves in the same situation. Both need something to keep them busy while they wait for the perfect opportunity for Wrestlemania. I'm certain that Jericho in particular will compete at Mania. He has had a lot of involvement in the past couple of weeks and I know personally what I would love to see him do for Mania and that's a one on one with Dean Ambrose for the Intercontinental Championship. I really do want to see Jericho turn heel and go after Ambrose and the IC Championship. We have seen the two of them show some signs of tension in the past and they do actually have a decent amount of chemistry. Jericho going after the championship is something I would really love to see happen going into Mania. They could easily put on a great feud and match given the time but as we know, Ambrose is busy with the main event and WWE World Heavyweight picture at the moment but it is still something I think can happen and hope so anyway. Tonight I would like to see Kevin Owens take on someone like Jericho or Styles, we could get something really special there and we need to see Styles find he's place on the roster now. I do think once talents like Orton, Cena, Cesaro and Rollins are back in action then he will have more options, more to do and have a bigger place on the roster.

Where the WWE Are going wrong with Tyler Breeze
Smackdown Review and Reactions
NXT Review and Reactios

Comments

Popular Posts