RAW Predictions 08/2

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good and have had a decent start to the month of February. It's that time of the week again, as another Monday rolls around meaning that it is yet again time for another RAW Predictions post. You would have seen that last week I started uploaded RAW Predictions again after taking a massive break from doing them. Last weeks post went down so well that I just had to do another one this week and like I said, I am going to try my very best to write and upload these every single week. I know that last week I didn't upload and Review and Reactions posts and I'm not sure how many I will be uploading this week because of events I am going to this week but I'm going to try and write and upload as many as I can. I am also going to start pre posting for Wrestlemania season on my blog and start pre posting my Fastlane prediction posts so there is a lot coming up in the next couple of weeks.  As usual I will link bellow any recent blog posts including last weeks RAW Prediction post. And finally you can let me know what your predictions for this weeks Monday night RAW by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

I'm going to start this weeks prediction post identical to how I started last weeks and talk about two of the three Fastlane main eventers, Roman Reigns and Dean Ambrose. I'm going to put it out there, you guys know I was a huge fan of the Shield and I always love seeing how Reins and Ambrose have remained united over the years. Together they have put on some solid tag team matches and have proven to have fantastic chemistry. Keeping all that in mind, I honestly would do anything to not have to sit through another Ambrose/Reigns tag team match tonight. Don't get me wrong I love both those superstars and I'm so glad Ambrose in particular is getting the spotlight and a mini push (despite the fact that we all know he's being used to be the one to take the pin in the Fastlane main event) but I really have grown bored of the pair of them teaming up in predictable tag team matches on RAW and on Smackdown. For tonight's show I would really like to see them go off and do their own thing, gaining momentum on their own in solid singles matches that will get them noticed even ore. For a little over a month or so now I have been saying how much I would love to see Chris Jericho turn heel and feud with Ambrose for the Intercontinental Championship at Wrestlemania and it is definitely something I would still love to see. I know that it does seem like the WWE are going down the root of another Jericho/ Styles match and is a possible Mania match up but keeping to what I would personally love to see tonight and I would really enjoy seeing Ambrose and Jericho go one on one. It would be such a great match to put add to the Monday night RAW card, easily bossing ratings. I obviously will not be getting my hopes up for this match tonight. It seems very unlikely to have such random booking despite the fact that it is exactly what Ambrose needs especially if the WWE actually would have made it the main event. It would have been very refreshing to see something different in the main event of RAW. As for Reigns I would love for him to stay away from a main event tag team match tonight or even a main event altogether to be honest but I'm aware that's asking for a bit too much. I would also really like it if they kept him away from the league of nations this weeks. He really does deserve something new even if it's a one on one against Big E or something like that. In reality it's likely we will see Ambrose and Reigns wrestle separate solo matches, one taking on Rusev the other taking on Del Rio with both picking up some kind of win.

For me, personally, Kalisto is currently the hottest WWE Superstar on the roster. He had such a fantastic month back in January and has carried on building that momentum into February. Set to defend the United States Championship at Fastlane, Kalisto has become one of the most must see superstars and a true underdog talent. In the past four weeks or so, he has competed in a handful of solid, memorable matches that will sure go down as some of he's best including that great one on one against Adrian Neville on Thursday night Smackdown a couple of weeks back. Tonight, I would love to see that momentum continue to grow. We know that despite the size of he's opponent, Kalisto can deliver and stand tall and so it opens the doors to many different types of competitors to face. Personally, I would literally pay to see Neville and Kalisto go one on one again. I mentioned it in last weeks RAW Prediction post, but these guys honestly could put on something phenomenal if they were given around fifteen minuets or more. We know what they are capable of delivering in the ring together and a repeat of that and maybe in a longer match would be great to see. We could possibly see a backstage segment between Del Rio and Kalisto or an interview of some kind just to give their match at Fastlane a little push. I wouldn't mind seeing Kalisto getting attacked by Del Rio after a singles match. It would give their match again, a little push and remind everyone that Del Rio is not a push over and is coming after that US Championship. I know I mentioned earlier that I thought he would be taking on Reigns or Ambrose tonight but it would do him some good to get into a great singles match that actually sees him pick up the victory so that he can head into Fastlane with some momentum behind him. But like I said, a beat down on Kalisto will have the same effect/impact.

The tag team division is something that is really struggling right now. Personally, I'm a big fan of tag team wrestling, I always have been and over the years the division has been so strong at times but as it currently stands things are looking pretty bad and I have next to no interest in the division. Honestly, the only thing keeping me interested and entertained right now is the New Day. I know I keep saying it but they honestly are the only thing in the tag team division that I'm currently interested in and I would not have a problem if they kept hold of the tag team championships for several more months. I literally do not think I could ever get bored of seeing them as champions, competing, cutting promos, and being involved in fantastic segments. As much as I hate to admit it I still do think the WWE are going to continue keeping the Usos in the tag team championship picture, their the only solid team to really keep in the picture but I seriously do hope they don't go on to become the next tag team champions. I would much rather wait to see an NXT Tag team get the call up and take on the new day. The favourites of course being Enzo and Cas. I don't think I am ever going to drop that idea. As for now, the WWE have been continuing to book the New Day well and in great matches and segments and I don't see that changing any time soon either. It's likely the WWE will continue to keep tensions between the New Day and the Usos despite the lack of interest. I would love to see the New Day get some solo matches as well. I've already said that I wouldn't mind the idea of Big E taking on Roman Reigns or Dean Ambrose tonight.

The divas division is something that is slowly starting to see an improvement. We are finally beginning to see some well written storyline's with great potential. Since Sasha Banks made her return back at the Royal Rumble pay per view in January we have seen slight improvements with the direction of storyline's and I am finally much more interested in the division and what it has to offer. For once we actually look to have a great storyline shaping up foe the divas heading into Wrestlemania. During last weeks episode of Monday night RAW we saw Naomi and Tamina turn on Sasha Banks during her match against Becky Lynch. The closing moments saw the two NXT Graduates come together to remove Naomi and Tamina from the ring but things are from over between the four divas and we can expect to see work between them continue during tonight's show. Despite their differences we all know the big history between Sasha Banks and Becky Lynch. Former partners turn rivals the pair have great chemistry and while they can deliver some fantastic matches against one another but they can also work amazingly well together and we are set to see that in the coming weeks. I'm expecting either a tag team match tonight or at the Fastlane pay per view or Banks VS Naomi tonight witch is something I would love to see especially if they are given a decent amount of time to compete. The divas matches that are most likely to take place at Fastlane are of course Becky Lynch and Sasha Banks VS Tamina and Naomi and Brie Bella VS Charlotte for the divas championship after her victory over the champ last week. I personally wouldn't mind seeing both these matches considering they are both done right and both get a solid build up. However, heading into Wrestlemania I'm still not sure if I would prefer to see Banks and Charlotte one on one or a triple threat adding Lynch to the mix.

It has been announced that tonight Daniel Bryan will return to announce he's retirement. I'm not going to talk too much about this right now because I will be writing a full blog post next week on this depending on what we see and hear during tonight's Monday night RAW.
Talking of AJ Styles I would also really really like to see him challenge Kevin
Owens at some point soon or at Mania.  I still think Styles is trying to find he's place on the roster but once bigger names start making a return to action we are going to be in for something pretty amazing. I still think Owens is he's best opponent heading into Wrestlemania. But of course I would not say no to Zayn getting the call up and facing Owens a Wrestlemania either but I know that is asking for a heck of a lot!

So that is my prediction post for this weeks Monday night RAW. I know this may have seemed a little rushed but I haven't been feeling too well over the past couple of days so this is the best it was going to be. As always you can let me know what your predictions are for tonight's show by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria

Five Underrated and Underutilised WWE Superstars

Comments

Popular Posts