WWE Monday Night RAW Highlights 11/7

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good! So it's Tuesday once again witch can only mean one thing, it's time for the RAW aftermath and my weekly RAW highlights post. With exactly one week until the two thousand and sixteen draft night and the start of Smackdown live this week is an important week and this weeks Monday night RAW was an important one as we all know. We have both the up and coming brand split and the Battleground pay per view to think about and so there was a lot going down on the show last night and a lot to think about. Altogether, it wasn't the best episode of Monday night RAW in the world but it was worth the watch and we had a couple of interesting developments leading both into the brand split and the Battleground pay per view. The show last night consisted of more Battleground announcements, a singles match between Sasha Banks and Dana Brooke, the return of Vince McMahon and a huge number one contenders battle royal for the Intercontinental championship. In today's blog post we are going to be taking a look back at some of the highlight moments from the show this week. I know I said last week that I was going to bring back full length RAW Review but again, I have been so extremely busy and tired recently that I just couldn't get through a full review but I am trying. As always any recent blog post will be linked bellow including last weeks RAW Highlights post and top five. Finally, you can let me know what you thought of this weeks Monday night RAW by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

A New Number One Contender is Crowned 

Several days before this weeks Monday night RAW it was announced by the WWE that a number one contenders battle royal would take place during this weeks show to determine a new number one contender for the intercontinental championship. The winner would go on to face the Miz at next weeks Battleground pay per view. Now, if you read my RAW predictions this week or follow me on twitter you will know that I was backing NXT graduates Baron Corbin and Apollo Crews for this Battle Royal and actually looking on twitter it was clear both men were favourites amongst the WWE universe. Lets face it, we have two young, up and coming superstars who haven't been on the roster long but are clearly in need of something big and would benefit from holding a championship like the Intercontinental title. Anyone with a single brain cell would know that either of these two were the perfect pick for the winner of this battle royal. Now, the whole thing itself was nothing special. The WWE kept the battle royal shot and simple with not many big or major spots happening. There were a couple of very impressive eliminations at the hands of Corbin witch did grab my attention massively and they did do an interesting little moment where one Uso attempted to eliminate the other. Stand out performers where without a doubt Alberto Del Rio. Crews and Baron Corbin but in the end it was the result of the two favourites going over at the same time witch ended in Darren Young scooping up the victory. Now, I'm not gonna lie, in the back of my head Young was a name I was considering as a possible winner but I also have to say that I was not one of those fans jumping up and down with joy over the fact he picked up the victory. I do think Crews or Corbin would have been better and smarter choices but the WWE do need to find a way to push this new idea with Young so I guess I can't complain too much.

The Viper has A Return Date

Last Thursday on Smackdown the WWE announced Brock Lesnar's two thousand and sixteen SummerSlam opponent. The man? None other than the one and only, Randy Orton. After spending several months out of action it has been announced that Randy Orton will indeed compete in a true dream match bout against the beast at the biggest event of the Summer. During last night night's episode of Monday night RAW the WWE went on to give us more viper news as we found out that he would be making his WWE TV return next Sunday at the Battleground pay per view when he takes part in the Highlight Reel where Chris Jericho will seek answers and a reaction from Orton following the huge SummerSlam announcements. The news did put a rather large smile on my face last night. Ii am a big Orton fan and I have been waiting for ages to see him back on my TV screen and so I cannot wait to see him make his return and make an appearance at the Battleground pay per view only days where we will also find out witch show he is drafted to. It looks as though next week really is going to be a great one for the WWE and us fans. 

The Rollins Report Debuts 

This week on RAW there was no Highlight Reel, no Ambrose Asylum,and No Miz TV. Instead we got a brand new talk show host in Seth Rollins as the Rollins report Debuted. A touch cringe at times but a perfect addition to Rollins character. Cutting to a perfectly edited video of Seth Rollins interview Roman Reigns, the footage was edited just amazingly well. The fact that I was left genuinely laughing was a great sign. It was a touch of comedy added to what is such a serious and dramatic storyline. I have mentioned so many times already here on my blog but this is a story and a match that has been in the making for years, from the moment the Shield was first put together and this really is going to be a classic storyline in this new era. The change in feel last night was needed and the comedic side of Rollins with the edited Rollins Report was the perfect way to add even more depth and interest to Seth character. Another point that I do have to bring up again is the fact that Ambrose and Rollins continue to make Reigns feel like an important factor in this match. I do like how they involving Reigns' suspension so much and I love how Rollins does bring it up and include it in the story. These two again last night did a fantastic job including Reigns and making sure we believe he has a place in this match, it really does go to show just how talented these guys are outside of the ring. I have to say that despite how much I love Ambrose and the fact that I will be backing him at Battleground in my personal opinion it has been Rollins taking the spotlight and grabbing my attention. Ambrose has looked dominate throughout and has been an entertaining, fun champion and I hope the reign goes on much longer but Rollins has done a fantastic job over recent weeks. Last night we had a brilliant segment between Rollins and Ambrose where Ambrose showed just how much this triple threat and the WWE Championship means to him. He makes it easy to back him and he was the star last night and this segment alone did have me even more excited for this Battleground match. We also have to take away from this segment that we can expect a one on one match between Rollins and Ambrose within the next week. 

The New Day Visit The Wyatt Compound 

Last week during a segment on Monday night RAW it was announced that on the show this week we would see the current WWE Tag Team Champions, the New Day take a visit to the Wyatt compound. Now, if I'm being completely honest I wasn't super excited for this at the beginning. I didn't really know what to expect or how I would feel about the whole thing but as the night went on and we got mini teasers I have to say that I did get really excited for this little segment. Looking on twitter the response to the actual thing was very split down the middle. People either absolutely loved it or absolutely hated it, I personally was one of those people that found this truly amazing! Honestly, I will go as far as to say this was one of my favourite things I have seen in the WWE not only in twenty sixteen but in a very very long time. It was right up my street and I honestly did really find this just outstanding. I was so entertained, my eyes were glued to the TV and when it finished I literally sat on my sofa staring at the TV screen and said these words; "well that was fucking awesome". It was far better than I thought it was going to be and I do think some of the smarks need to calm down a little and just enjoy what they are being given. I could just be easy to please but I did just love this and it was without a doubt my favourite part of the night.It was something completely new and different for the New Day and we got to see an even darker and more sinister side to the Wyatts witch felt impossible in the first place. I would have loved it if Bray had taken Xavier and kept him hostage or something but I may just be pushing it a little too far there, but overall I really did like this and it was one hundred percent worthy of being in this weeks highlights show. 

The New Commissioners are announced

It was announced last week that Chairmen, Vince McMahon would be making appearance on this weeks episode of Monday night RAW. It was never officially announced as to what exactly he was
turning up for and to say but we could all take a big guess that it had something to do with the up and coming brand extension. In a quick backstage interview with Renee Young upon his arrival Vince announced that later in the show he would be letting the world know who would be the commissioners for RAW and Smackdown a week before the big changes happen. The WWE made this their closing segment of the week and it did finish off the show perfectly. As Stephanie and Shane McMahon stood in the ring their father made them both pitch why they should be the one to run Tuesday night Smackdown starting next week. After a good five minuets of trying to win over the boss Vince eventually declared Shane as the new commissioner for Smackdown and as of now he has been released of his duties for Monday night RAW. We now know that the two siblings will be going to war from this point onward's as t becomes Smackdown VS RAW and Stephanie VS Shane. However, Vince was far from finished with the big announcements. Encouraging  his children to quite literally go to war he also announced that next week both Shane and Stephanie will have to choose a general manger for their separate shows and I have to admit that a part of me is more excited for the general manager announcement than this one. 

There was nothing particularly special about this weeks Monday night RAW. We had a couple of stand out matches and it was nice to see the women's division have the final match of the night. The closing segment was done well and we were actually given a reason to tune into the show next Monday. Of course, I would love to know what you guys all thought of the show so feel free to leave a comment bellow or tweet me at @TezangiVictoria letting me know. 

Social Media Links: 

Comments

Popular Posts