Battleground Predictions: John Cena, Enzo Amore, Big Cass VS The Club

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good! This Sunday live on the WWE Network the two thousand and sixteen annual Battleground pay per view will air and with a dream match main event this sure is one not to miss! Throughout the week I will be uploading individual prediction posts for every single match on the card. As usual I will be taking an in depth look at the matches announced for the show and writing up full length predictions for you to reach to get everyone thinking about the pay per view and get even more excited for the entire show. Now, of course with the brand split happening in a couple of weeks time is does make it difficult this time round to write prediction posts but I'm gonna try my best and work around the brand split, talking how that huge change will effect each match on the card. It's gonna be a long week so I hope you ready and excited for these posts. I as usual will be live tweeting throughout Battleground this up and coming Sunday and a Review and Reactions post or the pay per view will be uploaded the following day. In the coming weeks it is going to become more clear as to what I will be doing in regards to predictions, review, and Highlight posts for RAW and Smackdown shows when the brand split happens. At the moment I'm planning on writing both RAW and Smackdown Reviews or highlight posts every week with slight changes depending on how tired I am or how busy I am on that week. As always any recent blog posts will be linked bellow including my most recent RAW Review. And finally, you can let me know what your predictions are for this and every other match on the card by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

If you thought things were over between John Cena and the phenomenal one AJ Styles after their epic match at the Money in the Bank pay per view last month you were very very wrong. Since that night this rivalry has only intensified and with the Club making an enemy of John Cena things are far from over. After weeks of taking beatings at the hands of the Club Cena has finally found an alliance in NXT graduates, Enzo Amore and Big Cass and this weekend the six men will collide in a monster of a tag team match.

Last month John Cena and AJ Styles tore the house down at the Money in the Bank pay per view in their first ever one on one match up. Since it took place I have written about it loads here on my blog and mentioned it plenty of times over on twitter. It really was one of my favourite matches of the year so far and every other match to come really is going to have a lot to live up to. Now, I can't tell you how happy I am that the WWE have not gone straight in with a second  match. While we can one hundred percent expect to see these two go one on one at least one more time I'm so so glad they haven't decided to go with a second one for the Battleground pay per view. It's just brought more to their feud and added so much more depth and interest in their story and what better names than Enzo and Cass to ally with Cena.

A couple of weeks back when the WWE hinted that someone would be coming out to help and join forces with Cena I honestly had a number of names in mind. A week or so before that show I mentioned the Usos for obvious reasons and Enzo and Cass and so you can imagine just how happy I was when the NXT graduates came down to the ring. This is one of the best decisions the WWE had made in a long time. Most of us where expecting these two to be holding the tag team championships already including myself and while I would love to see them as champions one day I do think the WWE are going to make both them and us wait and in the meantime their booking has to remain strong and this is just what they need. There is no better way to put this guys in the spotlight than have them stand side by side with John Cena of all people. It's a crazy alliance but a perfect one. These two are without a doubt one of the most over tag teams in all of professional wrestling, you team them with John Cena and you have an ultimate baby face team. It's also a great way to get more people to boo the club rather than cheer them. It does make them look like much stronger heels and as a fan of both teams it makes it even more difficult for me to cheer for the Club and that is exactly what needed to happen. It also helps Enzo in particular to be sharing the spotlight with such big stars with so much experience. These guys really can teach Enzo loads and this feud alone will do Enzo and Cass as a tag team so much good.

Now, I do think that there is so much more the Club can do. They have been so strongly focused on Cena and Cena alone when the WWE could easily do so much more with them. I'd love to see them cut more in ring promos directing messages at the crowd and the locker room. I'd also love to see them attack other superstars too. This will probably come about much more when we are in a little more deep with this feud and even after Cena is out of the picture and they move on to the next chapter. I have loved the mic work we have gotten from these guys so far however. Styles in particular has been able to bring up certain things in his promos that you wouldn't expect him to be allowed to actually say. I love the comments on Cena burying guys like him, it really has created a foundation and has played a much bigger role in the deeper story.

Here is what I wrote about the Money in the Bank one on one match between AJ Styles and John Cena:
Without a doubt, the match I was most looking forward to was AJ Styles VS John Cena. A true dream match that many of us believed would never happen took centre stage last night as one of the most anticipated and hyped matches in recent years. Here we have two very different superstars with a strong amount of experience both having accomplished so much in their careers. Seeing them collide is something that I never throughout I would see and being able to sit back and give it a watch last night made me very happy and very very excited and they did not appoint what so ever! One hundred and ten percent living up to the expectations from start to finish this was a brilliant match that had me on the edge of my seat glued to my TV and I honestly loved every single second. There was a brilliant story being told throughout this match that made it that much more special and gripping and it was so easy to get behind your favourite. Talking of getting behind your favourite what I also loved about this match was the more you watched it and the longer it went on the more you began to question who would be picking up the victory. It became more difficult to see who would be winning this match and with both superstars really pulling everything they had out of the bag even I was sitting at home wondering what the heck one of these superstars was going to have to do to put away the other and it was brilliant. A true potential match of the year candidate and the
ending was done so perfectly. It enabled the feud to go on longer and it pushed Styles as that top heel even more. Loved loved loved this match up!

I am really looking forward to this match. It should be an interesting one and a very very important one for Enzo and Cass. I know I've spoken about these two loads in this blog post but I do believe it's going to be an even bigger night for them. I'm hopeing the match is of a decent length. It doesn't need to be super long but around fifteen minuets should be perfect. There will be loads of story telling throughout this match and it's going to be interesting seeing what kind of conclusion the match comes to. This is another match on the card that could have multiple different endings and either of these teams could walk away with the victory and the story could develop much more. We also have to take into consideration what the WWE want to do with Cena and Styles heading into SummerSlam. There really will be some fantastic spots throughout this match and I honestly cannot wait to see how it goes down.

As usual I will be live tweeting throughout the Battleground pay per view this up and coming Sunday. You can let me know what your predictions are for this match and every other match on the card by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

Social Media Links: 

Comments

Popular Posts