Battleground Predictions: Natalya VS Becky Lynch

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good! This Sunday live on the WWE Network the two thousand and sixteen annual Battleground pay per view will air and with a dream match main event this sure is one not to miss! Throughout the week I will be uploading individual prediction posts for every single match on the card. As usual I will be taking an in depth look at the matches announced for the show and writing up full length predictions for you to reach to get everyone thinking about the pay per view and get even more excited for the entire show. Now, of course with the brand split happening in a couple of weeks time is does make it difficult this time round to write prediction posts but I'm gonna try my best and work around the brand split, talking how that huge change will effect each match on the card. It's gonna be a long week so I hope you ready and excited for these posts. I as usual will be live tweeting throughout Battleground this up and coming Sunday and a Review and Reactions post or the pay per view will be uploaded the following day. In the coming weeks it is going to become more clear as to what I will be doing in regards to predictions, review, and Highlight posts for RAW and Smackdown shows when the brand split happens. At the moment I'm planning on writing both RAW and Smackdown Reviews or highlight posts every week with slight changes depending on how tired I am or how busy I am on that week. As always any recent blog posts will be linked bellow including my most recent RAW Review. And finally, you can let me know what your predictions are for this and every other match on the card by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

This up and coming Sunday live on the WWE network Becky Lynch will challenge former friend and partner Natalya in a match that given enough time could be a highlight match in the women's division this year. But witch women walks out of Battleground the victor? Lets take a look back at the history between these women and why this match is one that you should be paying extra attention too.

Since getting her call up to the main roster a year ago Becky Lynch has found herself working with former champion, Natalya. Throughout the past twelve months the pair have collided plenty of times both on TV and at live events in tag team action and the occasional singles match to boost mainly Becky's, momentum ahead of a bigger match. However, last month at the Money in the Bank pay per view the two stepped in the ring together to take on Charlotte and Dana Brooke in a short filler match. After a disappointing ending for the baby face team Natalya showed that enough was enough and it was time for her to take the spotlight. Attacking Lynch out of nowhere this was the start of an unexpected heel run for Nattie and over the past month the queen of harts has been nothing short of dominate, teaching her old friend a lesson or two. This up and coming Sunday the two women will collide one on one for the first time on pay per view and it sure is going to be an interesting one.

Now I personally did not see the Nattie heel turn coming what so ever. It was clear after the match before the attack that Natalya was disappointed but a heel turn was never on the cards in my eyes. Still to this day I'm not one hundred and ten percent sure whether or not it was a good decision. I can completely see why the WWE would make that move. After that match there really was nothing waiting or Natalya. She had just lost a big big feud against the champ and there was no big story waiting for her as a baby face. The problem I have with the turn is the WWE haven't done a good job in explaining why Natalya turnt on Becky. There's been no explanation and and no depth and story added to the feud. They could have easily had Nattie come out the following night on RAW and cut a promo completely slamming the new faces and the era of women coming from NXT paying extra attention to Lynch bringing up her past in NXT and rubbing in the fact that she was the only member of the four horse women not to hold the NXT Women's championship. Making the feud much more personal. Nattie could easily have come across as the bitter veteran who had had enough of carrying around the new girls. But we just haven't got that. There's been no big story and no reason why I should be invested in the action between these two and it's a shame because they really could have given us a decent story here.

Here is what I wrote about Nattie's heel turn in my Money in The Bank Highlights post: 
 Looking on twitter a lot of you called it before the match had even started but I personally did not see it coming. Natalya turning heel. I'll be honest, I literally had zero in last nights women's tag team match up between Dana Brooke and the Women's Champion Charlotte and Becky Lynch and Natalya. There was absolutely no buzz around it what so ever and we were not promised anything different to what we had seen before. I actually tweeted out that I was sitting back and waiting for Sasha Banks to hurry up and get back in the championship picture instead of competing in four minuet matches against Summer Rae on Superstars every week. The match last night was nothing special. The one good thing I took away from this was realising that the WWE had finally got it right when Dana's ring gear. There were a couple of decent spots but nothing that amazed me and made me feel as though I should change how I feel about it. It was a predicable, dull match and nothing major really happened until after the match were Natalya turnt heel attacking Becky Lynch to close their segment. Like I said, I did not expect this at all and thinking about it I'm not whether or not it's worth it. Sure we can get a couple of really good matches out of Becky and Nattie if they are given enough time but the fact is is that nothing will change for Nattie. No big push is waiting for her and after a couple of weeks she will be right back competing in four minuet matches on Smackdown that no one remembers. It was nice to see her as the women walking out of Money in the Bank the most talked about and so this did have to go into the list today.

Several months back I wrote a blog post where I listed five matches I would love to see happen within the next year and one of those matches was in fact Becky Lynch VS Natalya. Both women have been wrestling for such a long time and know each other so well that this is something that could be truly amazing given that they are provided with enough time to actually compete. They are both such brilliant competitors with an interesting move set and style. Talking of styles their very
similar in the ring and you can see just how much experience they have. Both shining in matt/technical wrestling anyone can see that with enough time these two could deliver a brilliant match. Now, I don't know how many people are actually going to be interested in this match but I will be trying my best to really pay attention despite the disappoint of the lack of story. I do believe that with enough time this could be a very good match. Nattie will be the on to add some diversity in this match. Her veteran experience will give her the upper hand without a doubt. As to who should walk away with the victory I don't know quite where I stand with this. A huge part of me does not wanna see Nattie loose another match on pay per view but it does feel as though the WWE will go for putting over the younger up and coming star. Personally, I will be rooting for Nattie but I won't be disappointed if Becky is the one that picks up the victory.

As usual I will be live tweeting throughout the Battleground pay per view this up and coming Sunday. You can let me know what your predictions are for this match and every other match on the card by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

Social Media Links:
Facebook
Twitter
Instagram

Recent Blog Posts:
WWE Battleground Predictions: Sami Zayn VS Kevin Owens
WWE Cruiserweight Classic Review
WWE NXT Review and Reactions
WWE RAW Draft Picks
WWE Monday Night RAW Highlights



Comments

Popular Posts