Battleground Predictions: Dean Ambrose VS Seth Rollins VS Roman Reigns

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good! This Sunday live on the WWE Network the two thousand and sixteen annual Battleground pay per view will air and with a dream match main event this sure is one not to miss! Throughout the week I will be uploading individual prediction posts for every single match on the card. As usual I will be taking an in depth look at the matches announced for the show and writing up full length predictions for you to reach to get everyone thinking about the pay per view and get even more excited for the entire show. Now, of course with the brand split happening in a couple of weeks time is does make it difficult this time round to write prediction posts but I'm gonna try my best and work around the brand split, talking how that huge change will effect each match on the card. It's gonna be a long week so I hope you ready and excited for these posts. I as usual will be live tweeting throughout Battleground this up and coming Sunday and a Review and Reactions post or the pay per view will be uploaded the following day. In the coming weeks it is going to become more clear as to what I will be doing in regards to predictions, review, and Highlight posts for RAW and Smackdown shows when the brand split happens. At the moment I'm planning on writing both RAW and Smackdown Reviews or highlight posts every week with slight changes depending on how tired I am or how busy I am on that week. As always any recent blog posts will be linked bellow including my most recent RAW Review. And finally, you can let me know what your predictions are for this and every other match on the card by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

Its one of the most anticipated wrestling matches in WWE history. After years of waiting the Shield triple threat is happening. Dean Ambrose will defend his WWE Championship this up and coming Sunday at the Battleground pay per view against Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns. It's the match we have all been waiting for. A match years in the waiting and this weekend it's finally happening.

Last month our Shield boys were all left standing tall. In the space of one night all three superstars had been WWE Champion and as a long time Shield fan it was a proud moment. From the very moment these three superstars landed in the WWE they were noted as three of the most promising stars of the future. There was no doubt that all three of them would one day jump to the top and take control of the WWE and at the Money in the Bank pay per view they really did steal the show and take over. With Ambrose having an impressive performance and walking away with the Money in the bank contract Rollins and Reigns went on to compete in the main event and what a main event it was. I noted that this was one of my favourite matches of the year so far. I will link bellow the full blog post and I will insert what I wrote about the ending of the Money in the bank pay per view but it really was a brilliant night for us Shield fans and even more so us Ambrose fans. It was such a key moment and night for these three superstars and the moment the Shield triple threat truly did come to life.

Here is what I wrote about this huge night in my Money in the Bank highlights post:
The main event last night between Roman Reigns and Seth Rollins was actually one of my favourite matches of the night and one of my favourite matches of the year. Honestly, I was not expecting to be such a fan of this match at all but I really did loved it. These are two superstars with such a big history and such fantastic in ring chemistry that this was bound to be something special and it sure did live up to the expectations and the hype the WWE had created. It did feel as though it could have main evened Wrestlemania. It was yet another match that saw Reigns prove us all wrong and make a huge statement. He was dominate throughout and had a fantastic performance. I found myself watching and commenting throughout the match applauding Reigns and what he was doing. Honestly, one of my favourite matches of his. Now, personally I was expecting to see Reigns retain, I think a great deal of us were. Regardless of the whether or not we were going to get a cash in I know plenty were expecting Reigns to win this match. I was left on the edge of my seat yelling at my TV at gone four AM and I honestly had no idea who was going to get the win the longer the match went on and it was brilliant. So many close calls and brilliant spots but in the end it was Seth Rollins who actually picked up the victory pinning Reigns and becoming a two time WWE World Heavyweight Champion. Seeing Rollins win back the championship he never lost made me so so happy and so proud and it was without a doubt one of my favourite moments of the year so far despite it not lasting very long.

Lets be honest, it has not been easy being a Dean Ambrose fan. Confident three years ago that once the Shield had broken up he would become the top star possessing the most potential he was in fact pushed to the back and despite brilliant matches, promos, and feuds he was the last of the Shield boys to get their push and take centre stage. Competing in many championship matches throughout the past couple of years Ambrose has come close many times before but never quite got what he wanted. However, that all changed last night. The money in the Bank pay per view this year was all about Dean Ambrose. He took centre stage and the made the night all about him. It was finally time for us Ambrose fans to celebrate and enjoy seeing him take the spot. Not only winning the money in the bank ladder match but cashing in and winning the WWE World Heavyweight Championship Ambrose made his mark and finally became the top dog. It was a moment we had all been waiting for for so long but the wait proved to be worth it and I could not be any happier seeing Ambrose as the man on top with the title closing the show. I will be talking more about this cash in a thew weeks time in a separate blog post so keep an eye out for that.

Everyone knows that I am a huge Dean Ambrose fan. I have been right from the very start way before he even made his way to the WWE. Seeing him take the spotlight and finally get his moment  really has been special and great to watch. Us Ambrose fans really have had to wait a long time to see him take the spotlight and get what he deserves. Since the Shield broke up he has been fighting for that championship every single day and after two years of working so extremely hard he finally got his moment and last month picked up the WWE Championship after cashing his money in the bank contract. It really was such a special moment after waiting so long it was an emotional one too. Ambrose is a superstar who you look at and know isn't Vince's stereotypical perfect WWE Superstar but he has gone on to win the fans over thanks to his brilliant in ring skills, captivating character, and fantastic charisma. A likeable character gives off new era Stone Cold vibes, it's impossible not o love Ambrose and his story has been told so well. We have seen him compete in brilliant matches and storyline's , we have seen him take part in great segments and promos, and we have seen him capture both the US and Intercontinental Championship, it was only a matter of time before he took hold of

the WWE Championship. It was a long wait but it was worth it and the wait tied his story together just perfectly. Now, I hate to say it but I don't believe Ambrose is going to have a lengthy title reign. I just have this horrible feeling in my gut that the WWE just don't believe in him as much and that title will be passed onto someone else very soon. Whether or not it will be at the Battleground pay per view this weekend I don't know but I will keep hopeing that I'm wrong!
We then have Seth Rollins. Back when the Shield were together I noted plenty of times that he was the strongest all round member of the Shield. While Ambrose and Reigns had so much potential and were clearly going to be big stars at some point in their career Rollins was a ready made star. He had everything and was ready for the spotlight however I and many others really did genuinely believe that he would be the one to suffer the most when the Shield finally did break up. However, things could not have turnt out any differently. That shock heel turn is still one of the most shocking moments of the past ten years in the WWE and something that I still have a huge reaction over every single time I rewatch it or even think about. It was such an iconic moment in Rollins career and the start of something much bigger in the careers of Dean Ambrose, Roman Reigns and of course Seth Rollins. Since that night the architect has gone on to become the most successful superstars of the Shield. Making and breaking history record books Seth Rollins has become one of the biggest stars in the WWE and one of the fastest rising. When he was taking out with injury it was such a huge down side to his career. We all missed him and waited for his huge return and when he did finally come back it was such an amazing moment when he did come back and again the whole injury and his road to coming back and getting his title back just added to his own personal story and this huge Shield triple threat story.

And finally, Roman Reigns. The most controversial and talked about WWE Superstar in professional wrestling today. I honestly change my opinions on Reigns every single week. Over the past couple of years I have written so much about him both here on my blog and over on twitter and I suppose that the fact we are all talking about him so much does make him that big star but it is as though the WWE are doing everything in the power to make everyone dislike him.Now, I won't go into much detail and talk about Reigns too much because I have done it so much in the past. At the moment I'm one hundred percent going through the stage of just really not liking him at all. It's just so difficult to back him because the WWE do genuinely make it difficult. He has been out of action due to a suspension for the past three weeks or so and that has put a strain on the build up to this match as we have seen. But he is so so lucky that he has Ambrose and Rollins there keeping everything alive and making sure he is remaining relevant. This match is such a huge one and Reigns is for sure going to play such a big big part in the match.He has the power and the strength advantage and is without the WWE's personal favourite. He is going to be under a lot of pressure to deliver. He is stepping in the ring with two fantastic superstars who both deliver to a higher standard in the ring, on the mic and through character. Reigns is going to have to bring something pretty special to this match and a change up is going to be needed.

I have not been this excited for a match in a long time! Everyone I talk to is super excited for this match and everyone is talking about. It's the match we have all been waiting for for so long. Now, I personally was not expecting such a big match to take place in the main event of Battleground of all pay per views. I think it's safe to say that most of us were expecting to see this match take place at Summer Slam or even waited out until next years Wrestlemania event. This is such a huge deal, such an anticipated match and such a huge part of all three of these superstars careers that you just would assume it would be saved for a bigger stage. It is worthy of main evening SummerSlam or even Wrestlemania and it does make me wonder what the WWE have in store for SummerSlam now that they have given us this big big match. Now, the WWE have made us wait long enough for this match. They have been building this up for so long telling such a huge story that this is the perfect bout and a certain match of the year candidate. It will without a doubt be the match of the night and with so many high expectations Ambrose, Rollins, and Reigns are under immense pressure to deliver.

Now, we have actually seen these guys compete in a triple threat once in their careers already. Dating all the way back to the good all days of FCW, these three big shots stepped in the ring together to compete in one of the now highlight matches of Florida Championship wrestling. Since that match these three superstars have gone on to become three of the top stars in the WWE and their story is just amazing. Former partners turn bitter enemies this is a classic story that will go down in history as one of the greatest stories and feuds the WWE has ever seen. The match itself does have so many high expectations from fans and so it's going to be interesting seeing how they live up to it all but I do have faith and I honestly believe this is going to be brilliant. Personally, I think the build up could
have been done better. If Reigns was suspended than the story would have been even stronger and the build up over the past month would have been much much more intense living up to the expectations a little more. As we have already touched on, Reigns is lucky that Ambrose and Rollins are the one's he is taking on. They have done a brilliant job keeping Reigns relevant mentioning him throughout the build up making us all feel as though he is an important part of this match but of course things could have been even better if Reigns was there. I'd love to see these guys really given a great deal of time to put on something spectacular. I don't doubt that this will be the match of the night but I am even more interested in seeing just who walks out the victor. I personally will be backing Ambrose. I do feel loyal to him and I have to back him one hundred percent. There is a big part of me expecting to see his title reign end this weekend and if it was to go to Rollins than I would be fine but if Roman is the superstar walking as champion I can assure you I will not be a happy bunny and will most probably go one one huge rant on twitter. Of course regardless of the ending I will be completely captivated and seeing the general reaction on twitter and the arena is going to be brilliant.

As usual I will be live tweeting throughout the Battleground pay per view this up and coming Sunday. You can let me know what your predictions are for this match and every other match on the card by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

Social Media Links: 

Comments

Popular Posts