Top 5 RAW Draft Picks

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good! I'm back today with part two of last weeks Wednesday top five. In that post I listed five of my personal top Tuesday night Smackdown draft picks and in that post I promised a part two counting down my top five Monday night RAW Picks. Now, this is another pre posted blog post. I wrote this while lying ill in bed so if it doesn't sound as great as my usual posts than that is why! I did however enjoy writing this post a lot more and I of course hope you guys enjoy! Before we get started with the post I wanted to quickly mention that I still have not decided what I'm doing in regards to review and reaction posts after the brand split. This is bound to test the British fans and how much they need sleep and so there may be weeks where I only upload a RAW review and other weeks where I only upload Smackdown Reviews. It's just going to come down to how I feel personally on that week. The same will go for pay per views and live events. I will be announcing more on this over the coming weeks when I have a better idea of what I'm doing. As always any recent blog posts will be linked bellow including part one of this blog post. Finally, you can  let me know what you think and who you would like to see drafted to RAW by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

Roman Reigns
If you read my Smackdown draft picks post (witch will be linked bellow at the end) you would have seen that I included John Cena in that list after much debate with myself. I said it before and I will say it again, everyone I have spoken to about the brand extension has always first mentioned these two names. We know that these guys cannot and most probably will not be drafted to the same show. Choosing who goes where however has been something that we have all not stopped talking about. After much debate however I have personally decided that Monday night RAW is the perfect home for Roman Reigns. He will of course be under immense pressure to deliver to the high standards expected of him and perform to the level of a man who is taking on the role as the top dog on the roster. Whether we like him or not Roman Reigns is the face of the WWE. He will without question one day find himself right at the very top as the biggest baby face. The brand split hopefully will allow him to grow and develop into that star the WWE are so desperately trying to get him to become. A small roster, bigger and wider opportunities, and new faces on the scene will allow Reigns to really grow and I do think drafting him to RAW is the best move for him.

Randy Orton
He may be out of action for what feels like a million years but lets not forget Randy Orton. It's difficult to remember where we left off with Orton considering it's been so long but when you take a look at this brand extension and the idea of a new era fresh in the making Orton is a name and a face we should not be forgetting about at all. Set to make his own return at any moment (hopefully) Orton is someone I and many others are expecting to see make an impact as a shock draft on July nineteenth. If you read part one of this post you would have seen that I mentioned many great, stars as active members of the Smackdown roster and there one hundred and ten percent has to be a balance between both rosters. Orton like Cena assures that we not only have a top name on the roster but a true veteran who can give the new guys a run for their money and challenge the stars that are stepping up as part of this new era. It does still feel like there is unfinished business between Orton and Stephanie McMahon and so drafting him to RAW only makes perfect sense. I don't like to get my hopes up too much, I've been a fan for long enough to know that that sure is not a good idea but I really am hopeing to see Orton make an appearance in this draft and hopefully shock us all and bring that excitement and edge that we are going to need to make this really feel like the start of something new and exciting.

Seth Rollins 
I know there are many people who feel as though Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns should go their separate ways and head off into different rosters/brands but I have to say that I really do feel like Monday night RAW is also the perfect home for Seth Rollins. In my head, I look at the potential names heading to Smackdown I see so many different opportunities for fantastic storyline's over the next year or so and unfortunately Seth just doesn't fit into many of them. Of course, over the past thew years Rollins has found himself feuding with and getting on the wrong side of plenty of WWE superstars including two that have featured on this list already but with Stars from NXT set to make the jump up to the main roster, returns on draft night, and the fact that the brand split will naturally allow certain superstars to take the spotlight and get the push they deserve this is the perfect place for Rollins. Old fumes being reignited and new work for Rollins is on the horizon for Rollins as a member of the RAW roster. I am expecting the likes of Apollo Crews to stay on RAW also and he really is the perfect example of the help Rollins will be able to bring. A feud between those two at some point would allow Crews to go from the typical talented baby face to a complete superstar worthy of being but into a championship picture. There is so much Rollins has to offer on RAW.

Nikki Bella
I hate to say it but I honestly have started to miss Nikki Bella. I have heard so many different rumours about Nikki over the past couple of months but the most recent has been noting that she is gearing up ready for her return. Could that return be draft night? Now, whatever show you put Nikki on there is going to be attention added to the division. Whether you like her or not she has a huge fan base and she is bound to be a popular choice for a surprise draft pick to either RAW or Smackdown. Personally, I would love to see her drafted to Monday night RAW, but that is just my personal opinion. Nikki is a superstar you can out on either roster and it just works. Her storyline's are bound to be strong upon her return and as we have already touched on over the past month, the brand extension is set to do wonders for the women's division in the WWE. Better storyline's, more time, and longer matches are most certainly on the way. Nikki is going to be one of those women who is put under the spotlight and while she is such a controversial figure in the WWE I am interested in her return and seeing what waits for her after the brand split.

Apollo Crews
We have mentioned him already in today's post but it has to be said; Apollo Crews needs to be drafted to Monday night RAW. I have to admit that I have been very disappointed with how the WWE have booked Crews since his main roster call up. A part of me does believe that it was too soon. I mentioned months back on the night that he debuted that I was not expecting his arrival at all and it did feel like an odd call up considering there was still so much more they could have done with him down in NXT and still so many opportunities there. He has really struggled to find his way on the main roster and make the impact we NXT fans expected him to make. He without a doubt has the
potential to be a top, main event talent. He has it in him and he has shown that in his short time as a WWE Superstar. He just needs that moment, that chance, and the opportunity. Once you have him competing against big star names like as we have already mentioned, Seth Rollins, he really is going to shine. He's one of those superstars that is going to greatly benefit from the Brand split. Once he is drafted we really are going to see Crews come into his own as he proves to be one of the names to take centre stage at the top in the future of the WWE. This new era is all about stars like Apollo Crews and drafting him to Monday night RAW is without a doubt the best move for him.

So that is my little list of my personal top five RAW draft picks! I had so much fun writing this post despite being a touch ill. As always I would love to know what you guys think! So feel free to leave a comment bellow or tweet me at @TezangiVictoria letting me know who you would like to see drafted to Monday night RAW.

Social Media Links: 


Comments

Popular Posts