WWE Cruiserweight Classic Review Week 2

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling Word, I hope you are all well and good! I'm back today with this weeks WWE Cruiserweight Classic Review and Reactions. I wrote this post last week for the opening show and it went down very well and I had loads of fun writing it so I have decided this will be a weekly thing here on my blog. Now, this was another great show and I cannot wait to see what you guys thought and for you see what I thought of the show. Due to the fact that this week is also Battleground prediction week here on my blog there will be no NXT Review and Reactions post this week but they will be back next week as usual and the Cruiserweight classic review will be uploaded next Friday as usual. I haven't yet decided how things are going to work in regards to the new Smackdown timetable and whether or not I will be writing weekly review and reactions and predictions posts for both RAW and Smackdown but we will just see how things plan out, as I mentioned the other week, there may just be slight changes every other week or so. I will of course be live tweeting throughout the Battleground pay per view this up and coming Sunday and my last of the prediction posts will be uploaded tomorrow and Saturday! As usual any recent blog posts will be linked bellow inducing all my Battleground prediction posts that have been uploaded so far and my WWE Draft Highlights posts. Finally, you can let me know what you thought of this weeks episode of the WWE Cruiserweight classic by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria. 

Kick starting the second week of the first round of the WWE Cruiserweight Classic we saw Australian representative Damien Slater take on a face most WWE fans will be familiar with in Tajiri. I was aware of both of these talents. Over the years I have spent watching wrestling I have come across matches that have seen both these men compete in and so I knew what to expect from both men. Tajiri of course had the crowd behind him from the very start and throughout of this match. He of course is one of the more popular faces competing in this tournament and that really did show last night. The match itself was solid. It didn't top the opening match of last weeks show in my personal opinion but again it was a good start and it did the job in keeping me interested and entertained by the cruiserweight classic. Tajiri took very early control of this match and was the one I personally had my eyes on throughout most of this match. It was clear he was the more experienced of the two. A former cruiserweight, lightweight, and tag team champion, Tajiri knew his way around the ring and was able to keep control effectively throughout a great chunk of this match up. Working on the right arm/tricep of Slater, Tajiri showed off his veteran skills countering several moves into great submission holds that pushed the younger star to his limits. It was very nice seeing how fluent the transition into submissions were from Tajiri. Slater however is far from a rookie, training since the age of fifteen he too has a lot of experienced and he fared well in this match against a fan favourite and a true veteran with strong counters and offense that highlighted him as a big technical style contender. However, the closing moments saw Tajiri pick up the victory. If I'm being completely honest, I was rooting for Damien Slater on this one and so I was a touch disappointed but I wasn't all too surprised to see Tajiri get the win.

Up next we had a very fun match and one that I was really looking forward too as TJ Perkins went one on one against DA Mack. Personally, I was far more aware of TJ Perkins. I'm a big big fan of his and I was really excited to see what he had to offer in the cruiserweight classic. It was clear that again, he was the crowd favourite and the one most people were a touch more aware of but throughout the match DA Mack was able to really get the fans behind him and grow to become someone easy to root for and get behind. This was a very respectful match. The two opponents did clearly respect one another and that really can change the feel of any and every match including this one. Now, personally, this was one of my favourite matches of the cruiserweight classic so far. It for me had everything I could ask for. We  had two young stars who were clearly very entertaining and fun to watch and that was exactly what this match became, fun and entertaining but that did not take away from the fact that this was a strong wrestling match full of very original  offense from Perkins in particular and fantastic technical work from both stars. It was TJ Perkins who I found myself watching the most and rooting for throughout this match. He is one hundred percent one of my favourite contenders in the whole tournament and to see him have a strong star was great to see. He knows how to get the crowd going from brilliant in ring moves to a dab here and there he's a very current, marketable character with amazing in ring skills. DA Mack was also another star who I grew to love more as the match progressed. This was  a much faster paced match than the first of the night and it was more creative witch was far more up my street. I was happy to see Perkins move onto the next round but this was a great night and performance from both men in this match. 

The third match of the night saw Mustafa Ali take on lucha libre star, Line Dorado. I had high expectations for this match. We had a high flyer and a lucha libre star coming together and so the match was bound to be a special one a stand out of the night and the cruiserweight classic torunament as a whole and it really was. We had a story being told throughout the match witch I of course loved with Mustafa playing a clear heel role in this match. Talking of Mustafa he kick stated this match going straight in with an attack on Dorado witch was unexpected considering his style and the sheer fact that he did so within seconds of the bell was rang. It was a slower start than I expected but in the end that actually worked and played very well in this match. As the match went on it grew even more fun and exciting and this again proved be another big big match that will be highlighted as one of the favourites of the first tournament, living up to the expectations. Of course Line Dorado had the fans on his side right from the start but his brilliant offense had the fans eating out the palm of his hands. A beautifully executed head scissors take down from the apron had the fans on their feet in awe of the lucha style star and from that moment on wards the pace of the match increased and I found myself glued to my screen. We continued to see outstanding monovers from  Dorado that highlighted him as one of the new top contenders and in the end his fast paced and fantastic skill allowed him to pick up the victory. But it's safe to say Mustafa made an impact selling moves greatly and fitting in some great move of his own. 

Closing this weeks episode of the WWE Cruiserweight classic was a great match up between USA very own Kenneth Johnson and popular face Akira Tozawa. Now, I will be honest, I really had no idea who to back in this match. On the one hand we had Akira Tozawa, a very popular ace and a fan favourite in the cruiserweight classic overall and on the other hand we have Kenneth Johnson who is so easy to back and support. He has a brilliant story to tell regarding his speech problems and the challenges he has faced and so I didn't know who to root for. I did find myself very much so backing Johnson but with Tozawa being someone I'm so aware of and always entertained by he was someone I again also found myself backing. The start of this match was very interesting. It was a slow start, very even and both talents testing one another and their skills. After the slower test start it was
Tozawa who took control and really stayed in control throughout most of this match. He had the fans behind him witch gave him the upper hand and his experience really did come into play. However despite taking a beating Johnson did not give up, he took everything Tozawa had to offer and kept fighting on proving how much heart he has and it's because of that that you just wanted to see him do well and again it made him easy to back. There really was such a brilliant story being told with Johnson and his close calls throughout the later section of this match had everyone on the edge of their seat. In the end however it was a German suplex into a bridge that gave Tozawa the victory. I was so so impressed with this match and it was a great way to end the night. I do hope we get to see more of Kenneth Johnson in the future but I'm very happy for Akira Tozawa. 

This again was another great episode of the cruiserweight classic. Every single match was of a very high standard and I found myself very very entertained throughout the entire show.We now have a couple of matches added for round two and next week my number one pick and the guy I'm backing throughout the this tournament as my number one favourite, fellow Britt, Zack Sabre Jr will be in action next week! I of course will be back reviewing the entire show. For now, you can let me know what you thought of the show this week my by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria. 


Comments

Popular Posts