Top 10Matches Of the Year So Far Part 1

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good! Today I'm back with an exiting post that I have been writing right from the start here on my blog every single year. Counting down the top ten matches of the year so far I will be taking a look back at the highlights of twenty sixteen mid way through the year. Now, this post was supposed to be uploaded a couple of weeks back but I've been pretty ill recently and I had to set it back a little but it's here now anyway. This is being uploaded at the start of July but know that this post will include matches from January to June. At the end of the year I will be counting down my top twenty matches of the year along with every other of my of the year posts as per usual. I did have loads of fun writing this post so I really do hope you guys like it! Part two of this blog post will be uploaded next week where we will count down the numbers five to one. Any guess what match will be taking the top spot? As always, any recent blog posts will be linked bellow including my most recent RAW Review and Reactions and pay per view highlight posts. Finally, you can let me know what you think and what has been your match of the year so far by leaving a comment bellow or tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

10) New Day VS Anderson and Gallows VS The Vaudevillians VS Enzo and Cass
It may have been a messy match with a few missed spots and not so great moments but this is without a doubt been one of my favourite matches of twenty sixteen so far and it just had to kick start this blog post. I remember writing the predictions for this post only a little over a month ago and I absolutely loved it. I mentioned in that post hat I am a huge fan of all four of these tag teams and so the expectations were always going to be high. On the night despite the missed moments and the messy spots here and there this all round was a very well put together match and not a single one of these superstars let us down. Every team got their moment to shine each coming close to a pin fall victory. It was great to see so many NXT graduates compete and make their impact, especially the Vaudevillians who despite not being the most popular team in the match had their moment in the spotlight and had their own close call. What I loved about this match was how everyone had their place. There was always something going on both inside and outside of the ring with everyone telling their own story. You could see how much every team wanted to walk away with the victory. We had a bunch of different characters and everyone brought something different to the table. It was a fantastic, well thought out match that had me on the edge of my seat through and in awe of the brilliant spots performed throughout.

9) Charlotte VS Becky Lynch VS Sasha Banks ( Wrestlemania) 
Over the past three years the WWE (thanks to NXT) have worked on developing and improving their women's division. Focusing on creating better storyline's, longer matches, and gripping characters, NXT was the starting point and the home of where Women's Wrestling became something truly amazing. Four women were named responsible for the change and bringing back women's wrestling in the WWE. Sasha Banks, Becky Lynch, Bayley, and Charlotte. Over the years I have spoken about these four women plenty of times. Speaking of the brilliant matches, great characters, and well written and executed storyline's; these women made and changed history and this year their achievements were celebrated at the biggest Wrestlemania of all time and the most important Wrestlemania in the history of women's wrestling. After receiving their call up almost a year ago, Banks, Charlotte, and Lynch had spent their debut months proving themselves and growing in popularity and it was only a matter of time before they took over the big stage. For the first time ever the WWE gave us a reason to watch a women's match at Wrestlemania and this night turnt out to be history making for the division. A new championship and a new found respect these three women found themselves competing in a huge championship match at the grandest stage of them all less than a year after their main roster debut. It was truly a special moment seeing these women doing their thing at Mania. From the special entrances, the new championship, Sasha dressed honouring Eddie Error and the brilliant spots performed throughout this was the women's match both the division and the fans had been waiting to see take the Wrestlemania stage.

8) Austin Aries VS Shinsuke Nakamura (NXT Takeover: The End) 
So far this year we have seen a bunch of brilliant superstars make their way to NXT. Two of those huge huge names are Austin Aries and Japanese sensation, Shinsuke Nakamura. Both willing to make an impact and get to the NXT Championship picture, the pair did battle at NXT Takeover: The end in what was a brilliant match. Admittedly it was a slow start. We had such a great opening match of the night with so much going on there and so calming down from that and changing your mood for this new match took some time. However, once I was able to calm down and really get into this match I was left on the edge of my seat completely entertained by the draw dropping spots performed by both superstars. It was clear who was the fan favourite in this  match, there is no denying that Shinsuke Nakamura is the most over star in all of pro wrestling at the moment but on the night it was Austin Aries who took early control and was in fact the dominate force in this match. I was actually surprised at just how much of the match was dominated by Aries. He played the heel role perfectly throughout and his spots were just brilliant. These are two extremely experienced and talented men, you were always sure to get something special between them when they shared a ring and they sure did not disappoint in this match. There were a couple of super close calls and a thew spots on the outside that were just brutal but made this match so brilliant. It was yet another great performance from Shinsuke and the match that we had all been waiting for from Aries since his arrival in NXT.

7) Dean Ambrose VS Kevin Owens (Royal Rumble) 
For number seven in this list we have to go right back to the start of the year and the first pay per view of twenty sixteen,the Royal Rumble. The last couple of months of two thousand and fifteen saw Dean Ambrose and Kevin Owens battle it out in a well received feud. Before they had even met inside a WWE ring I mentioned a million times before that I wanted to see these two feud at some point and I did have high expectations, they of course did not disappoint. I'll be honest and say that at first I wasn't feeling it as much as I was expecting too but the feud grew on me more and more and this match really was the highlight of their rivalry. Both priding themselves in being great hardcore competitors not afraid to take risks and put their own bodies and one another on the line for a championship the two did battle in a last man standing match at the Royal Rumble pay per view. The match was everything I was expecting it to be in more. They both stole the show and delivered in my eyes, the match of the night. Both popular with the fans it was a split crowd and I honestly did not know who was going to walk out the victor. They really did pull out everything taking risks and giving us that hardcore action that we really do love to see. It felt like I was watching an old school ECW match in this new modern era. I was left screaming at my TV and marking out at some of the brilliant spots performed. I just had to include this match in the list. It was one of the first matches I added to potential match of the candidates and by far the best match of their feud.

6) Roman Reigns VS AJ Styles 
The Roman Reigns VS AJ Styles feud was one that really did generate mixed reactions from the WWE Universe. I started out quite cynical I have to admit. I just wasn't feeling their chemistry and I wasn't expecting anything amazing from these two and their up and coming matches, but god was I proven wrong. Now, I know there are plenty of you who were not a big fan of both of their pay per
view matches but I was sold one hundred percent. I felt as though there was a brilliant story being told throughout both of their matches and my personal favourite had to be their second back at the Extreme Rules pay per view. I did enjoy both massively but I thought it best to only include one. This match really was a huge turning point for Reigns and his career and his reign as champion. We all
know that character wise Reigns has a lot to work on and improve on but his in ring capabilities have gone through the roof and this match was a perfect example of how far he has come in the ring. He was up against a superstar who has so much experience and such an insane move set and so the challenge was truly real for Reigns but he was able to hold his own well and his power and strength really did come into play and worked to his advantage. They both went to town on one another pushing each pother to their limits and delivering a brilliantly entertaining match and main event. It really did have it all from the action between the two superstars, to the outside work from the Usos and the Club and of course Seth Rollins' epic return to end the night. Without a doubt one of the best matches of the year so far and the perfect match to close part one of this blog post.

So that is part one done and dusted. They are my first set of top matches of the year so far. Next week I will be uploading part two so make sure to keep an eye out for that here on my blog at the exact same time. As always I would love to know what you think so feel free to leave a comment bellow or tweet me at @TezangiVictoria telling me what has been your favourite match of the year so far.

Recent Blog Posts:

WWE Smackdown LIVE Best and Worse Moments
Monday Night RAW Highlights
WWE Battleground Review and Reactions

Comments

Popular Posts