Top 5 Smackdown Drafts Picks

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good! In a thew weeks time we will see the return of the WWE Draft as RAW and Smackdown develop their own separate  rosters. Throughout the past month I have been uploading blog posts talking about the up and coming brand split and they have all gone down much better than I expected. In today's blog post we are going to focus even more on the brand extension as I count down my personal top five Smackdown Draft Picks. I have to admit, I'm writing this post while I'm feeling super unwell so if it doesn't sound as good as the previous posts I have uploaded regarding this topic than I do apologise. Over the next week I will also be uploading my top five Monday night RAW picks so make sure to keep an eye out for that as well. Now, I also want to quickly mention that at the moment I'm not sure what I will be doing in regards to review and reaction posts. Over the next couple of weeks or so I will let you know what I am thinking of doing in regards to writing about RAW, Smackdown, and pay per views. As always any recent blog posts will be linked bellow including my most recent RAW review and all of the other posts in the Brand Split series. Finally, you can let me know what your opinions are, letting me know who you would like to see drafted to Smackdown by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

Sasha Banks 
Sasha Banks has without a doubt been one of the most open and vocal superstars when talking about the brand extension. She has openly admitted in interviews and on her social media that she would love to be drafted to Smackdown. Expressing that she grew up watching her favourites such as Rey Mysterio and Eddie Guerrero compete on the Smackdown roster, the former NXT Women's Champion has made it clear where she would most like to take her talents to. At the moment there is no doubt in my mind that the Boss will be one of the first superstars drafted to Smackdown. With her honesty about wanting to be drafted there and the fact that she represents everything Shane McMahon is looking to bring to Smackdown I think it's safe to say Sasha is an early favourite for one of the names drafted to Smackdown. Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing hr compete on either RAW or Smackdown, however saying that I do believe that Smackdown would for now be a better home for her and I mentioned in a recent blog post (witch will be linked bellow) that she will be one of the top stars to benefit from the Brand Spit; drafting her to Smackdown means even more opportunities for her to make her impact and finally show the main roster crowds that women are capable of being the main event.

John Cena
I debated with myself for a great deal of time when it came to making the decision as to whether or not to include John Cena in the top five Smackdown Drafts. Whenever you speak to someone about the up and coming draft extension they will first mention John Cena and of course Roman Reigns. It's extremely unlikely that both these superstars will be drafted to the same show and so picking one to go on one and one to go on the other is something that we have all been talking about. Personally, I have always liked the idea of Cena competing for Smackdown. The only reasons I had doubts and questioned the decision was because of the fact that Roman Reigns really would struggle to bring the attention that John Cena can bring. The pure fact is is that RAW will remain the flagship show. It will take a while for Smackdown to generate that attention and level of expectation that RAW has for all obvious reasons. Trust Reigns to effectively take on the role as the top dog of RAW is a tough one. However, for same reasons I honestly do believe that Cena being drafted to Smackdown would be best for both him and the brand. He will naturally bring in more fans boost ratings on his own. And of course, while bringing new stars up and creating a "new era" is important, it is just important to have to top veterans like Cena on the roster.

Sami Zayn 
As much as I love their feud, there is nothing I want to see more than for Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens to part ways during the brand split. On draft night I desperately need to see these two drafted to different shows and kick start something new in their careers. I'm one hundred and ten percent expecting to see Kevin Owens drafted to RAW so that leaves Sami going over to Smackdown, witch I actually think would be the perfect fit. Sami is the exact thing Shane is looking for in the future of the WWE and when promoting this "new era" image. Drafting Sami to Smackdown will allow him to take on bigger names drafted to the show also and find his way into the main event picture and the bigger more important league. Looking ahead at the next couple of years in the WWE, things are going to seriously start to change and who we view as our top faces and bigger superstars is about to expand and develop even more. Sami Zayn is one hundred and ten percent bound to be one of those names that grows to become one of the top stars on the roster, there is no doubt about that. I would love to see him drafted to Smackdown. This could very easily be one of the most successful drafts made.

Dean Ambrose 
Every single part of me believes that Smackdown is the perfect home for our current WWE World Heavyweight Champion, Dean Ambrose. Now, I have no idea how championships are going to work when the brand split happens but if Ambrose does retain his championship in the Shield triple threat at the Battleground pay per view he is going to have to move on from those all too familiar two names. His rivalries, feuds, and storyline's as champions are bound to be interesting. Dean Ambrose not only has the fans on his side but he is more than capable of delivering fantastic storyline's and having a brilliant championship reign. If we take a look at possible superstars drafted to Smackdown than the competition is set to be extremely high and the possible storyline's heading our way could be absolutely amazing. Again, the brand split is something that Dean Ambrose in particular is really going to benefit from. He will finally be able to establish himself as a true champion and one of the best stars on the roster. The competition will be stronger and tougher once the split happens and Ambrose is for sure going to shine with different competitors heading his way challenging him for
that WWE Championship.

AJ Styles 
Again, AJ Styles was a superstar I wasn't sure what list to put into. Smackdown or RAW. Before I wrote this blog post I was talking to one of my friends and we were arguing about who we would draft to each show. We both however did not know what to do with Styles. Looking at future storyline's however, Smackdown did feel like the best place for him. I'm certain that wherever Cena goes Styles will follow most likely with the rest of the club. There is still so much more work the WWE can do and will want to do with Styles and Cena and their feud. Their story really is capable of developing and growing even more. I'm expecting to see this feud at least reach Summer Slam. We also have to take a look at Finn Balor. With the former NXT Champion set to make his main roster debut very very soon and most likely to get his call him during draft night we have to think about storyline's for him and where the WWE plan on going with him in his early months. Now, Personally, I would really like to see Finn wait until SummerSlam to make his arrival on the main roster adding a twist and getting involved in the John Cena/AJ Styles feud or even kick starting something new between him and Styles.

So that is my little list! I have to admit that this post did take a lot for me to write because I'm so ill at the moment but I think I'm pretty happy with the final result. As always I would love to know what you guys think, so feel free to leave a comment bellow letting me know who you would like to see drafted  to Smackdown or tweet me at @TezangiVictoria.

RAW Highlights


Comments

Popular Posts