Monday night RAW Predictions

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you had a good weekend and are well! It's once again the start of yet another week and with both the Battleground pay per view and the twenty sixteen brand split/draft edging even closer every show is an important one. In today's blog post we are of course going to be talking Monday night RAW as I present to you my predictions for this weeks show. As always I will be recapping all of last weeks action briefly to get you all up to date on everything and then we will move on to highlighting the top five picks for tonight's Monday night RAW. Now, I was planning on writing a RAW Review and Reactions post last week but I mentioned on twitter at the start of the week that I wasn't feeling well at all and because I was feeling so rough I was basically stuck in bed sleeping on and off and I honestly was not in the mood to do anything. Hopefully if I have the time this week I will be uploading a RAW Review or at least a highlights post. This week I will also be uploading the final parts to my Brand Split series where I will be counting down five of my top RAW and Smackdown drafts. Note, that this post will be split into two different parts. Part two will be uploaded next Wednesday. I have also written up my top ten matches of the year so far blog post which will be uploaded in a couple of weeks time. That post will also be split into two separate parts. As always any recent blog posts will be linked bellow including last weeks RAW Predictions. Finally, you can let me know what your predictions are and what you would like to see during tonight's show by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

Can Rusev Keep hold of his US Gold? 

Unfortunately tonight we will all once again have to sit back and watch Titus O'Neil and Rusev step in the ring and go one on one with each other yet again. I know, I know, I know, there literally is not a single person excited about this match. It's not anticipated match, it's not something to get excited about and it sure is not one gaurnteed to be a stand out on the night. Over the past month we have at least seen these two square off four times and sitting through another is going to be tough! Now, as announced on Smackdown the United States Championship will be up for grabs in this match witch does grab my attention a little more but of course I'm not expecting anything brilliant. I was expecting Rusev to defend his championship tonight regardless. Tonight the WWE will be supporting July fourth and so it would have been odd for the title not to be put on the line. Do I want to sit through another match between these two? Absolutely not but  when you think about it, there really is not other person to put in this match apart from O'Neil. I do think that if they are given enough time this could be a decent match. The longer it goes on the more offense both these men will be able to get and I do believe they could surprise us given that they are provided with enough time. And of course, on another positive, I do like seeing a championship match held on Monday night RAW so I can't complain too much. 

A Patriotic Night 

This weeks Monday night RAW will celebrate  July Fourth and if you take a look at WWE.com you will see that a number of matches and segments have both been announced and hinted to take place tonight. One of those matches includes a sixteen man elimination tag team match consisting of team America and team World. I have to admit that I'm actually looking forward to this match. Personally, I'm a sucker for elimination style tag team matches and I do think it will be a great addition to the themed night. I'm definitely interested in seeing what names will be added to the mix. The likes of Baron Corbin, Apollo Crews, Kevin Owens, and Cesaro all spring to mind as participants who should be added to the match up. It's going to be interesting seeing how team "world" works together considering most of the European stars are not getting along very well at the moment. This is sure to be a little bit of fun added to the night and a great way to get a bunch of superstars involved in something that should go down well with fans and play a nice role during this weeks Monday night RAW. 

Champion VS Champion 

Last Thursday on Smackdown The Miz hosted yet another edition of Miz TV where the current WWE Champion Dean Ambrose took on the role of special guest. It was an entertaining little segment that I did enjoy watching and I thought as though it fitted into the show really well. Following what we saw go down between these two last week, tonight on RAW the two champions will collide when they go one on one against each other live. Personally, I'm really looking forward to this match. I've mentioned it a few times here on my blog before that I am a huge fan of both Dean Ambrose and the Miz and so a one on one between them tonight sure does grab my attention. I am of course hopeing that they are given a decent amount of time, around fifteen to twenty minuets would be enough for these two to deliver something truly amazing and they could easily walk away putting on a match worthy of being added to the talks of the best matches of twenty sixteen. It's great to see the Miz booked so well at such an important time and it's even better being able to see RAW and Smackdown in these last couple of weeks work together to build shows that flow together and create matches that actually make sense.

New Era, New Faces 

During last weeks episode of Thursday night Smackdown we saw NXT Superstar Billie Kay make her first WWE Main Roster appearance when she took on Dana Brooke in one on one action. I was not expecting to see Billie Kay appear on my TV screen at all last week but it was a nice little shake up and it did remind everyone that the brand split really is just around the corner and many names from NXT will be set to make the jump from development to the main roster. Now, while I'm not for the idea of Billie Kay in particular getting her call up just yet (mainly because I don't think she is ready) she is a superstar that has been heavily predicted as one of the new faces to jump up to either RAW or Smackdown and during her match up last week against Dana she did look very very impressive. She held her own extremely well and in my personal opinion I felt as though she actually looked better in the ring than Dana. I'm not expecting Billie to make another appearance on the show tonight but I won't be ruling out the possibility of more NXT faces making an appearance here there both on RAW and Smackdown in the coming weeks ahead of the draft night, including tonight's show. Superstars such as Tye Dillinger and Mojo Rawley are a couple of names that first spring to mind as faces we could be seeing make an appearance on RAW and Smackdown over the next couple
of weeks. 

The Wyatts Continue to Effect The New Day

Since making their return to action a couple of weeks back the Wyatt family ave been targeting the current WWE Tag Team Champions, the New Day. Cryptic messages and segments have left the champs struggling to keep up their positive attitude and Xavier Woods in particular has clearly been most effected. Now, I'm not sure where the WWE are going with the storyline but I have a little idea and I have to say that so far I've been liking the work. I mentioned last week that I wasn't the biggest fan of these two teams feuding at the beginning but in a short space of time I really have changed my mind and my opinions have completely changed and I'm hooked! I do still believe that this story is far more important for the Wyatts than it is for the New Day but if the WWE can keep things going this strong than we could be onto something great. On tonight's show I would love to see this story developed a tad more and for the WWE to speed it up just a little more. I'm defintley interested in seeing where they plan on taking this next and what the plan is for Woods. I have read a thew people comment that they are expecting to see him turn on Kofi and Big E most probably at Battleground witch would be an interesting move and a controversial one. 


Social media Links:
Facebook
Twitter
Instagram

Recent Blog Posts:
Monday Night RAW Predictions
5 Superstars that Will Benefit from Brand Split

Comments

Popular Posts