Elimination Chamber Predictions 2018 Part 2

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good and have had an awesome week. So this weekend is another big week in the world of pro wrestling with WWE hosting the two thousand and eighteen Elimination Chamber pay per view. This time around we have two history-making Chamber matches, the first being the first ever Seven man Elimination Chamber match and the second seeing the women make history once again this time competing in the first-ever women's Elimination Chamber match. Both look to be very interesting, very promising, rather unpredictable. In today's blog post I'm going to be taking a look at both of these matches in my full Elimination Chamber predictions, of course, also looking at the other matches on the card. We have plenty to discuss and plenty to look forward to this coming weekend. I will, of course, be live tweeting throughout the Elimination Chamber pay per view on Sunday and on Monday I will be uploading a full Review and Highlights post on the show and a couple more prediction posts will follow during the week. As always, any recent blog posts will be linked below and you can get involved and tell me what your Elimination Chamber predictions are by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me over at @TezangiVictoria.

Asuka vs Nia Jax

This is a match I honestly do have mixed opinions on. I love both Asuka and Nia Jax and I, of course, would love to see them both given the spotlight at Wrestlemania. However, this weekend their singles bout stipulation says that if Nia gets the win she will join the RAW Women's championship match at Wrestlemania facing Asuka and the winner of the chamber match making the Mania contest, of course, a triple threat. Now, over the course of history there have been plenty of triple threat matches I have loved but in twenty eighteen I want to see the women's championships defended in a one on one matchup. The past few years have seen the titles in the women's division defended in either a triple threat, fatal four way or multi-person contest and I do think it's time that changes and this year we get that one on one match the title needs at Wrestlemania. As far as this match between Asuka and Nia goes I do think there is potential for it to be fairly decent. The two women have gone on one previously before and the more they have spent time in the ring together with the better their chemistry has been and we have seen better quality matches. Given enough time (even if it's only around fifteen minutes) I do believe these two could put on a decent contest but in the end I do want to see Asuka take the victory for the reasons above. That doesn't stop Nia from having a strong performance which I'm sure she will. If the WWE do go with a triple threat for Mania then Nia winning via DQ or count out is the more likely option they will go with this weekend. It doesn't effect Asuka's undefeated streak when it comes to pinfalls or submissions and keeps Nia looking dominant. However, of course, for me, Asuka has to take the win and defeating Jax only again makes Asuka look even more dominant and doesn't affect her momentum on the road to Wrestlemania. 

Matt Hardy VS Bray Wyatt

The feud between Matt Hardy and Bray Wyatt has been beyond disappointing. Before Matt had even made his return to the WWE back at Wrestlemania last year I was writing posts and tweets where I mentioned a feud between the two after both men had previously teased it on social media. However, what we've been given is nowhere near the expectations many of us had. The timing was all wrong, the story and the feud were rushed and there wasn't enough given to us to really care. Neither superstar has been booked in a way that makes us care, that makes them come across like stars to watch despite having two of the most unique and captivating characters on the scene today. The two are set to collide yet again this coming weekend at the Elimination Chamber pay per view but in all honesty, I have no care for it. Why? I haven't been given a reason to. I don't even really understand why the pair are feuding in the first place anymore. So how can the WWE save this? Give them time. Let these guys battle it out for over twenty minutes. Let them show off what they can do in the ring and bring their characters to life even more! However, the thing these guys need more than anything is something new added to their story. It's likely the WWE are going to try and make this list to Mania and if that's the case and they want it to be successful they need something new injected into this feud and that must happen this weekend! In terms of the winner? Hardy does need the win here but a DQ ending could set up something more to follow in the months to come.

RAW Tag Team Titles 

Talking of matches I have very little interest in, the RAW tag team title bout against current champs Sheamus and Cesaro and Tius O'Neil and Apollo Crews is something I'm not really jumping up and down with excitement over. I have pretty low expectations in terms of the quality of the match and of course, the titles must remain around the waists of the Bar. I do think that the Titus Worldwide idea has grown and I am finding myself more and more interested recently but not interested and sold enough on the idea for these guys to take home this weekend. They need a bit more work and airtime before they can take the titles in my opinion!

Ronda Rousey's Contract Signing

Okay, so apart from the Chamber matches this is the moment of the night I am most looking forward to. The last time we saw Ronda Rousey on our screens she was debuting for the WWE making it clear she wanted in on Wrestlemania. This weekend at the Elimination Chamber pay per view she will sign her Monday night RAW contract witch should be very interesting. There are so many different things the WWE could do here with Rousey but what should be made perfectly clear is where the company are going with her in terms of Wrestlemania. There have been so many rumors from her facing Charlotte (which is my favourite), to to the more likely which is of course a mixed tag team match taking on Triple H and Stephanie probably standing alongside Kurt Angle which again the seeds for that are likely to be planted this weekend if that is the case!

And there we go, those are my predictions. I will be live tweeting this weekend throughout the Elimination Chamber pay per view for now however,  any recent blog posts will be linked below and you can get involved and tell me what your Elimination Chamber predictions are by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me over at @TezangiVictoria.

Recent Blog Posts:
Last Week in Wrestling
Match Recommendations
Elimination Chamber 2018 Predictions Part 1

Comments

Popular Posts