Match Recommendations

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good and have had another awesome week! Okay, so this month I'm going to be trying my best to upload as many Match Recommendations posts as possible. I've mentioned before that these are one of my personal favorite posts to write as it gives me the opportunity to sit back and talk about matches I haven't had the chance to talk about before or possibly won't get the opportunity to talk about in up and coming posts. If you're new here and you managed to just stumble across this post then it's pretty simple what happens here; I take a look back at some amazing matches either from this year, last year or twenty years ago and tell you why I recommend you watch it. This is also where I get the chance to talk about stars and matches outside the WWE looking further into the Britsh Wrestling scene, Lucha Underground, ROH and many many more! I know a lot of you guys like reading this post and so I am going to try and make this as regular as possible! As always, any recent blog posts will be linked bellow including my most recent pay per view review! And finally, you can get involved and tell me which match you recommend by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me over at @TezangiVictoria. 

Finn Balor vs Seth Rollins (RAW 15/1)

We kick start this weeks edition of Match Recommendations with a RAW contest and a pretty recent one. A few weeks back Finn Balor and Seth Rollins went head to head once again in yet another fantastic match up. History has shown that these two are more than capable of delivering to a high standard and this was just another to add to the list. The pair are noted by many as leading faces of this new generation of pro wrestling and throughout this match, the pair proved exactly why! Their styles complimented each other extremely well and despite the lack of story behind this match everyone in attendance and at home were completely hooked from start to finish. These two are big-time names and when you put them in a match against each other for any show it's going to generate a lot of attention especially from the more hardcore fans. They don't need a big build up or story the pair or brilliant in-ring performers and never disappoint. The match was jam-packed full of fantastic wrestling with the pace increasing as the match progressed and the outside work from the Club, Jason Jordan, and eventually the bar would all add to why this was such a strong match. Easily one of if not the best RAW/free match of the year and of course the best part of the whole thing was that ending. Rollins bringing back the curb stomp was fantastic little twist no one saw coming and ended what was a brilliant contest and solid episode of Monday night RAW.

AJ Lee vs Kaitlyn  (Payback)

A few weeks back I was going through some youtube Videos and stumbled across some old clips of feuds from the WWE women's division throughout the years as I'm currently working on a women's wrestling post. One of the stories I came across was AJ Lee vs Kaitlyn. Now, the story was actually pretty decent for the women's division at this time but the match itself was very strong. The storytelling throughout both the build-up and the match itself was fantastic. It worked and catered to AJ Lee's "Crazy girl" character. The two women had a brilliant history both coming from NXT, being best friends, going their separate ways and overall it was a solid story that worked towards an interesting and well-done match. At this time women were not being given many opportunities or the chance to wrestle lengthy matches and so this was a fairly big deal. It was one of many nights AJ Lee showed herself to be an important part of the division and a future all-time great and watching now it also makes me so sad that we won't get to see her compete like that inside a WWE ring again.The chemistry between the two women was fantastic and they both told a brilliant story. AJ Lee had completely got in the head of Kaitlyn to the point where the champ had messed things up for herself. Lee got her first championship victory on the night after a strong psychological match and some brilliant wrestling. AJ completely had a game plan while Kaitlyn unleashed all her frustrations and proved to be a true powerhouse. This for sure is a match to check out when looking back at some of the moments and contests before the women's revolution.

War Machine vs Primate and Jimmy Havoc

I've gone on record to say that War Machine is one of my favourite tag teams in professional wrestling today and I one hundred and ten percent stick by that! The pair are completely captivating and unique and I'm very excited to see their WWE careers kick start! One of my personal favourite matches the two have been apart of in recent memory was their collision with Jimmy Havoc and Primate for the then WCPW Tag Team Championships. These four guys are exactly what I like in pro wrestling. Havoc and Primate are strong workers for the Hardcore division, completely killing it the pair are two of my favourite hardcore wrestlers on the scene right now and so when these four collided it was pure magic and right up my street! The match was complete carnage! Bodies were flying everywhere, weapons of all sorts where being pulled out and these guys put their body on the line in brilliant fashion. Glued to my screen from start to finish I was greatly entertained and the closing moments saw a shock victory as the former enemies Primate and Jimmy Havoc done what no one else could and defeat War Machine for the titles crowning new champions.

Tyler Bate and Trent Seven VS Kyle O'Riley & Bobby Fish
This next feature came from a previous edition of Last Month in NXT. My most recent addition of this post will be linked bellow! 

Up Next, we have some tag team action. Following their attack on Wolf Gang, Bobby Fish and Kyle O'Riley were faced with a tag team match against Tyler Bate and Trent Seven in what went down as one of my fave matches of the entire month. Earlier this week I uploaded a blog post listing my top five current favourite tag teams and Mustache Mountain was one of the names I of course mentioned in that post. I've been totally obsessed with these two for the past year and you can check out why in that post which will be linked bellow. This month the two had the opportunity to team up once again for NXT TV taking on the two new arrivals in what was a gripping entertaining match I totally loved. All four men had a brilliant showing their diversity and talent keeping everyone on the edge of their seat completely invested. Of course Fish and O'Riley picked up the win adding to their momentum but Bate and Seven had a fantastic showing and all round this main event did wonders for all four men.

Finn Balor and Sasha Banks vs Natalya and Shinsuke Nakamura


And finally, we have a Mixed Match challenge contest entering the list! Now, I had a few matches from this tournament I wanted to talk about but I've decided to stick with the first one we ever saw as it really did set the bar high! I am planning on writing a full review in the coming weeks but for now, we are going to be focusing on Finn Balor and Sasha Banks vs Natalya & Shinsuke Nakamura. I was really excited for this challenge to kick start and these guys set the bar high. The match had a little slow start but it progressed into a very entertaining solid match that put everyone else on notice. Both teams worked very well together but it was clear from the star Balor and Banks had the better chemistry. The match itself had some solid spots, it was entertaining and in the end the right team one. Frequent tags at the right time meant the match flowed really well and everyone had their time to shine. Sasha was for me the standout star of the contest overall but her team work with Balor is exactly what lead them to victory as they showed what the tournament is all about and how it should be done. I really really liked this match and I can't say anything better about it!

And that is this week's Match Recommendations! As always, any recent blog posts will be linked bellow including my most recent pay per view review! And finally, you can get involved and tell me which match you recommend by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me over at @TezangiVictoria. 

Recent Blog Posts:
5 Most Important Defiant Wrestling Stars
This Weeks RAW & Smackdown LIVE Highlights
Top Five WWE Power Couples
Last Week in Wrestling

Comments

Popular Posts