Smackdown LIVE Best and Worse Moments

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good! So it's Wednesday evening witch of course means it's once again time to take a look back at this weeks episode of Smackdown LIVE as a bring you my top five highlights and best and worse moments from this weeks show. This week we were presented with yet another solid show that I did really enjoy; we heard more from the Miz following his huge promo during last weeks Talking Smack, the Tag team tournament continued as the Smackdown teams looked to make their way to becoming the first ever Smackdown LIVE tag team champions, and Baron Corbin was gifted the biggest opportunity of his career so far. Now, I am thinking about starting to write full review for Smackdown LIVE. Because it's a shorter show it won't take as long to write so if thats something you would be interested in then do let me know. I am also planning on bringing back full NXT Review and reactions post it's just taking longer to get back on track than I first thought. I will be live tweeting throughout the show later tonight though! I'll also be live tweeting throughout the Backlash pay per view in a couple of weeks time but there will not be full predictions for every match on the card. As always any recent blog posts will be linked bellow including all of last weeks Highlights posts. Finally, you can let me know what you thought of this weeks show by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

The Miz Makes a Statement

Last week current WWE Intercontinental Champion the Miz got everyone in the wrestling community talking following his huge promo on Talking Smack. Over the past seven days I along with everyone else in the world has not stopped talking about what he had to say and how he delivered what he wanted to say. Now, I'll admit that I don't really watch talking Smack. The show airs at around three AM and after a late night every Monday every part of me just wants to head off to bed after the show so I never really watch it. Last week however I woke to see everyone talking about the Miz and this promo that he had cut during the show and I had to go and check it out. Once I had watched it I honestly was left applauding at my Laptop screen. The Miz is someone I have spoken about plenty of times here on my blog and over on twitter. I have mentioned time and time again that I believe he is one of the most underutilised WWE Superstars on the roster today and has been for a long time. That promo last week was everything I have been waiting to see and hear from him and I was honestly left speechless. He cut not only the promo of the month, not only the promo of the year but one of the best promos of the past decade. This weeks episode of Smackdown LIVE kick started with the man himself who had a thew more words to say and again the passion behind every word had be hanging on everything he said and again everything he said was so true and so to the point. Last night he was however joined by Dolph Ziggler to added a little more to this story claiming that the Miz only wanted to be famous backing what general manager Daniel Bryan had said last week. He moved to on to challenge the champion to a fight right then and there and despite the taunting from Dolph Miz refused, walking off backstage. I personally loved this opening and I love even more what they are doing with the Miz. There is so much potential here with this storyline. This is exactly what he has needed for a long time and I was genuinely left excited and interested to see what was going to happen next regarding the Miz and this storyline. 

A Good Night for Heath Slater 

I can honestly sit here and say that Heath Slater is one of my favourite WWE Superstars of today. In my eyes this guy honestly cannot do no wrong! Finally after all these years the WWE seem to be doing the right thing with him. Sure he's not getting this huge push right to the top but what they are doing with him works so well and is going down a treat with the fans. Last night Slater continued to entertain and put a smile on everyone's face when a rather different kind of interview was conducted. After Rhyno agreed to be Slater's tag team partner an interview was conducted by Renee Young back at Heath Slater's "home". I know this is usually the kind of thing I have a good moan about and talking about how much I dislike it but I really really enjoyed this last night. I liked everything from the set up, to Slater's fake wife, to Renee Young's facial expressions and Rhyno saying absolutely nothing. It was humours, it fitted in so well to what we have been seeing from Heath over the past month or so and it was a highlight of the night for me personally because I enjoyed it so much. Later on in the night Slater and Rhyno took on The Headbangers (witch was a nice surprise seeing them back inside a WWE ring) in what was again an entertaining match that in the end saw Rhyno pick up the victory allowing himself and Slater to edge one step closer to becoming the first ever Smackdown LIVE Tag Team Champions. 

Wrong Booking Decisions in Women's Division? 

I mentioned in last weeks Smackdown LIVE highlights post that I loved the fact the women's division was heading in the right direction over on Smackdown LIVE. After a slow start we finally got to see the division begin to grow and given something to chase. Over the past couple of weeks we really have been able to see the individual characters shine through allowing us all to develop different opinions on each superstar. Last week the announcement was made that all six women would be competing in the first ever women's six pack challenge. We also of course saw Nikki Bella return and give the division that push and touch of fire it so desperately needed. Now, in my personal opinion last night did feel like a step back for the division. I've said it a million times before but I honestly do hate the amount of tag team matches we get from the women's division. I completely understand that there isn't long until the Backlash pay per view and so there isn't much time to push all these girls and get them all in the spotlight but making them work together as a team every week just doesn't do it for me. I don't want to see a bunch of competitors being friendly with one another. It should be coming across as every women for herself. Backstage segments, promos, and moments during matches should have been added to the show last night to show heat between all six women. A little backstage segment between Naomi and Becky promising that it's every women for herself. Or some tension between Alexa and Nattie during or after the match. What we did see was more from Carmella and Nikki Bella. For some reason Carmella is running the hashtag beat up Nikki Bella club and while I have no idea why she's so mad I liked the heel turn and the direction they're going in with her at least. 

Another Backlash Match is Added to the Card

It was also announced last night that Bray Wyatt will challenge Randy Orton at Backlash a week from Sunday. This has to be one of the matches I'm most looking forward too. I mentioned it last week but it really is important that Wyatt goes over in this feud. I believe they could put on a brilliant match easily at Backlash. Last night the two met in a stand out segment of the night where the match was hyped even more. 

Where Should Corbin Head to Next?

If you have been reading my blog for long enough you will know all too well that I am most probably one of the biggest Baron Corbin fans in the entire world. I have spent a great deal of time over the past thew years talking about the former NXT star both here on my blog and over on Twitter. You're all probably sick and tired of me actually talking about him but last night really was an interesting night for Corbin and we have got to get talking about him in today's post again. Now, I have been struggling to figure out how the WWE can turn things around for Baron after that god awful story between him and Ziggler. They made so many big mistakes with him there that to this day I have no idea why they even made in the first place that it's difficult to know how we can make him bounce
back stronger than ever. The good news is for him is that most people have completely forgotten about what we saw between him and Ziggler all those months back. He continues to come across as that dominate, I don't give a shit, bad ass character. He's still someone that you want to see more and anyone can tell that he is full of potential. Last night he was booked in what was probably the biggest and most important match of his career so far as he took on current WWE World Champion Dean Ambrose in the main event of this weeks episode of Smackdown LIVE. I was surprised to see him booked in this match last night but I was very happy about. Sure my first thought was oh god their gonna make him job to Ambrose tonight and set him back even more but in fact it was a solid night for him and he had a brilliant all round showing. This could in fact be one of my personal favourite Corbin matches so far. He held his own really really ell against the champ looking dominate and in control for a great deal of time. His tension with Styles at ringside was a nice touch to both the match and Corbin's character. A DQ ending did mean that Corbin didn't have to suffer a pinfall loss witch was brilliant for him and the attention was swiftly moved a way from him and onto Styles and Ambrose. Now, when it comes to whats next for Corbin can we all agree that a feud between him and Kane is just perfect? It's the best way to put him over, making him look stronger and more dominate and push that idea of the future taking over and being of the now even more. We got a little moment between the two last night and it only made me wanna see some work between the two in the near future. 

I did enjoy this weeks episode of Smackdown LIVE. The build up to Backlash continues to be strong and I can honestly say that I really am looking forward to the pay per view. We had several strong matches that I really did love especially Styles VS Crews and the main event. It was also nice to see different superstars compete and shake ups to the bookings. Smackdown LIVE in my eyes continues to be the better show but I would love to know what you think so feel free to leave a comment bellow or tweet me at @TezangiVictoria.

Comments

Popular Posts