Monday Night RAW Highlights

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good! So of course it's Tuesday afternoon witch means it's once again time for my RAW Highlights. Last night promised to be an exciting must see show with more from the recently debuted Bayley, a medical update on Sasha Banks and of course a brand new WWE Universal Champion would be crowned in the main event as Roman Reigns, Seth Rollins, Kevin Owens and Big Cass competed in a fatal four elimination match that no one would wanna miss out. In today's blog post we are going to be going back through the show as I list the top moments/highlights from this weeks episode of Monday Night RAW. I mentioned it last week but these posts will be a regular thing for a little longer just because I'm far too busy at the moment to write full review. This post may be uploaded a little later than usual because it's my brothers birthday today and I'm out most of the day. I also want to mention that the reason there was no RAW Predictions post last night was because again I was busy all day yesterday and I was dealing with some personal issues. Everything will be back to normal next week! As always any recent blog post will be linked bellow including my SummerSlam Highlights, NXT Takeover Brooklyn Review and Reactions and last weeks RAW and Smackdown LIVE Highlights. I'll be live tweeting throughout Smackdown later today! Finally you can let me know what you thought of this weeks show by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

Bayley Finds New Friends 

The biggest highlight of last weeks episode of Monday night RAW was the much much anticipated debut of former NXT Women's Champion, Bayley. Finally making her arrival on the big stage the leader of the hug life was introduced to the fans by RAW General manager Mick Foley confronting the current Women's champion looking to prove herself worthy of one day soon getting a title opportunity. On her debut night she was able to walk away with a clean victory over Dana Brooke and last night the two women collided once again, this time in mixed tag team action. A backstage segment earlier on in the show showed Bayley making her way through the locker room as she introduced herself to staff and fellow superstars. Coming across the New Day on her way one of my favourite segments of the year too place as both I and the rest of the world sported huge smiles on our faces. That was of course until Dana made an appearance to add a little rain on their parade. Moments later a mixed tag team match was announced with Bayley teaming up with the tag team champions the new day to take on the team of Dana Brooke and Karl Anderson and Luke Gallows. You guys know I love a good mixed tag team match. I've mentioned in the past that the show has needed more in the past and now that they seem to be a more regular thing I'm a very happy person. This last night was just perfect booking. All the characters and the stories worked together brilliantly to create what was one of the stand out matches of the night. The bout went on a lot longer than I expected and overall it was much stronger than I first thought it would be. It was a fast paced match that saw everyone at some point in control. Both teams worked together extremely well with Bayley fitting into the New Day squad rather perfectly and Dana also working well with the Club.  It was a fun, exciting match that really did give this show the little push and dash of excitement that it always needs. It was great to see Bayley pick up another win and of course great to see the women's division such a centre piece in this match and of the overall show last night. This was one of my favourite matches of the night and it just had to feature in this weeks blog post.

Paul Heyman Addresses Lesnars Actions 

Back at the SummerSlam pay per view last week Brock Lesnar took on Smackdown LIVE Superstar Randy Orton in the main event of what was one of the biggest and most important shows of the wrestling year. The match was as brutal as to be expected with Lesnar dominating ninety nine percent of the match up. The closing moments would see the beast beat Orton to the point where he was busted open unable to move and fight back resulting in a TKO ending but Lesnar was  far from finished and with Shane McMahon in his sight the Smackdown LIVE commissioner found himself suffering at the hands of  the beast. We learnt during last weeks episode of Monday night RAW that Lesnar would be receiving a punishment and find five hundred dollars. On this weeks show Paul Heyman was set to address Lesnars actions live on RAW in what was yet another must see Paul Heyman segment. Now, this part of the show was a real stand out for me as it planted the seeds in what is set to be a much bigger story/feud either at the end of the year or heading into Wrestlemania season next year. With Heyman and Stephanie McMahon spitting verbal abuse at each other the tension was unreal and the mic work from both of them left me on the edge of my seat paying close attention and predicting what was on the horizon. The segment saw Heyman patronise (in her own words) Stephanie by throwing the fined money at her mocking the Commissioner of Monday Night RAW. Stephanie would later promise Heyman that a storm was coming and he wouldn't survive it. This has got everything thinking about what Stephanie has up her sleeve and more importantly who will be named as Lesnar's next opponent. I do think this is something the WWE will come back to in a matter of months and you guys know Strowman is the man I want to see pitted against the beast!

Sheamus Remains the man in Control 

Last week at the SummerSlam pay per view Sheamus and Cesaro kick started their best of seven series with the first match taking place on the SummerSlam kick off show. Now, because I was only writing a highlights show I didn't get to talk about their match in much detail. I did however mention that this was an impressive match back on the night. It turnt out to be one of my personal favourites with both superstars looking strong and putting on a solid match up. While I did enjoy their first match and I was left pleasantly surprised I still was not looking forward to watching these two compete in six more matches. I know I have said it a million times before but we have seen these two go at it so many times throughout their career that another seven straight just seems crazy. However, again, last night these two put on another stand out strong match. I have to say that I did really enjoy this match and it was again another one of my favourites of the night. We are starting to get more of a story between the two develop meaning I have more of a reason to tune in and pay attention and of course the most important thing is the quality of the wrestling which so far has been so strong. They were able to deliver a match up just as strong if not stronger than what we saw at SummerSlam. I was personally expecting Cesaro to walk out with the victory but last night did see Sheamus pick up the second win of the series. I was surprised with the result but far from disappointed. There was a story being told in this match and the closing moments made everything just make sense. With the former world champion focusing on the back of Cesaro he was able to lock in a Texas cloverleaf moments after sending the Swiss Superman back first into the ring post. I know not everyone wanted Sheamus to score this win but it does make sense, I liked it and like I mentioned in my SummerSlam highlights I really do like the idea of Cesaro chasing the win.

The Game Makes a Shocking Return 

Last nights main event really was a fantastic match up and easy match of the year contender. In just a moment we will be getting into more detail about the match and the closing moments but for now we need to talk about what was the most shocking moment of the night and the moment we all have not stopped talking about ever since; the return of Triple H. Now, I don't know about you but I was not expecting to see Triple H return last night at all. Every part of me wanted to see some kind of twist just to make this even more exciting and stand out but I never predicted the return of Triple H. Now, the timing was just perfect. I was already on the edge of my seat thanks to the thrilling action going on throughout this match and then all of a sudden out of nowhere the game came bursting out from the crowd attacking Roman Reigns in what was a great little twist. We know the history between these two men, we know that the last time we saw Triple H was all the way back at Wrestlemania season and we know who was going to be his first target but in another shock twist the game focused his attention on his previous top guy, Seth Rollins, hitting him with a brilliant Pedigree shocking everyone in the arena and at home. I honestly loved how this was done. After Hunter attacked Reigns I found myself yelling at the TV for him to follow it up with attacking Rollins.  I have mentioned a lot in the past that I want to see Triple H and Rollins work a story together and this really is the start of just that. Everything was done so so well and it really did give this match the icing on top of the cake making this a fantastic match. 

A New Champion Is Crowned 

As we have just touched on last nights main event really was fucking brilliant. I can sit here and say that I enjoyed every single moment. We had four very very different superstars, four former NXT talents, and four men who all brought something different to the table and together they managed to not only put on a stand out match of the night but a true match of the year candidate. From start to
finish this was an exciting, thrilling, on the edge of your seat action match and I did not take my eyes off the screen for a single second. Every one of these superstars had a stand out moment proved why they are all a huge part of the future of the WWE. Big Cass in particular was someone I could not take my eyes off of. I first of all loved the fact that he was booked in this match. He's someone that has had to wait a long long time for his moment and for this opportunity and since debuting on the main roster he has proven that he is capable of one day breaking out on his own and last night was a real test and trust me he passed with flying colours. He may have been eliminated by Kevin Owens in the first elimination but throughout the match he gave us shock moments thanks to those huge big boots and dominating oar, proving himself once and for all. He held his own perfectly against three far more technically gifted wrestlers and I was left very very proud indeed. Reigns also had a brilliant showing. Despite how anyone feels about him I don't think anyone can deny the fact that he is strong in that ring and manages to impress and silence haters when it comes to his wrestling ability every week. There were plenty of moments in this match where I believed we would be seeing Reigns capture the title and while I hated that idea it did leave me on the edge of my seat and fully entertained. As we have already mentioned today the closing moments were brilliant and very very well done. With Triple H first taking out Reigns allowing Rollins to eliminate him the game in a huge shocking twist hit a pedigree on Rollins allowing Kevin Owens to pin the former champion and become the brand new WWE Universal Champion. I mentioned it last week, I mentioned it last night, Kevin Owens was the man I was backing and seeing the WWE finally give him the big push finally trust him to be the man made me very very happy and was the perfect ending to a decent show. It's going to be brilliant seeing the title Reign of Kevin Owens as I'm sure he will make an excellent champion. 

I really enjoyed this weeks show. There were a couple of not so great moments but everything had a meaning and that main event was one of my favourite matches of the entire year. We also learnt that Sasha Bank was on her road to recovery and in a medical update video told the world that she would be coming back for her title sooner than expected. It was revealed also that CWC stars Johnny Gargano, Tommaso Ciampa, and Cedric Alexander will all be making their way to Monday night RAW in three weeks time as part of the RAW Cruiserweight division. As always you can let me know what you thought of the show by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

Recent Blog Posts:

Social Media Links:

Comments

Popular Posts