WWE Cruiserweight Classic Review and Reactions

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good! I'm back today with this weeks WWE cruiser-weight classic Review and Reactions. This post was supposed to be uploaded on Thursday but I have so much going on in my personal life and I've been a little unwell so that just set me back a couple of days but I wanted to make sure this post was still uploaded for you. This week saw the end of the first round of the WWE cruiser-weight classic with the final four matches taking place. Of course the first rounded on a massive high with two stand out matches in particular that have gone down as two of my personal favourites of the entire tournament so far including one that I have listed as my ultimate favourite from the classic so far. In today's blog post I'm going to be running you through all four matches telling you what I thought of every single one and giving you an in depth review of the action. Just so you know I will be continuing to write these posts all throughout the rest of the Cruiser weight classic so make sure to keep an eye out for those every Thursday, Friday or Saturday, it will all depend on what goes on that week and what will be uploaded. Keep in mind that I may miss one review because of the SummerSlam prediction week because I have so much being uploaded that week. Now, as always any recent blog post will be linked bellow including this weeks RAW Highlights, Smackdown LIVE Best and Worse Moments and of course last weeks cruiser-weight classic review. Finally, you can let me know what you thought of this weeks show by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

Kick starting this weeks episode of the WWE cruiserweight classic was a decent bout between fan favourite Rich Swan and Chines talent Jason Lee. This was a match I was defiantly very interested in watching. Here we have two very different talents who both bring something very very different to the table. I just like most people watching knew greatly of Rich Swan, I've followed his career for a number of years now and seeing him make his way to the WWE and of course NXT has been great to sit back and watch. There really is no one more deserving. He was without a doubt one of the most popular men not only of the night but of the entire tournament. The full sail crowd were on their feet chanting for him from the moment his music hit and proved to be popular throughout the night with the crowd remaining loyal to him throughout. Lee on the other hand didn't pick p as much of a reaction and so had the task of winning the fans over and proving himself to a harsh crowd. Before the action could even start we really got to see the difference in their characters. While Swan was dancing his way around the ring Lee was stuck in the corner watching his opponent almost looking disgusted in him. It was clear that Lee was taking this very seriously and as Daniel Bryan noted, he seemed to feel as though Swan was taking this as seriously. Now, it wasn't just his lack of popularity that forced Jason Lee in the position of having to prove himself as one of the youngest men in the entire classic at only twenty three he had the much less experience and when up against someone who has both popularity and experience he really was under pressure. Now, it did take him a while to really take control of this match. Rich Swan was able to use the crowd reaction as momentum and it really did help him get the upper hand quite early on. Lee however was able to bounce back by brining some unique offence that challenged Swan and the speed of the young star gave Swan a run for his money. However, the closing moments saw the fan favourite pick up the win advancing to the next round.

Noam Dar is a man who over the next couple of weeks you are going to see me talking about a lot more here on my blog. I have a number of posts coming talking about the British Wrestling scene and Noam Dar as one of the top faces here in the UK will feature on a number of different occasions. This week we finally got to see the Scottish star take centre stage when he took on Gurv Sihra. Now, I was personally really tied when it came to the this match. I really was split down the middle. I mentioned last week that I am a massive fan of the Sihra brothers and I really did want to see them do well in this tournament but at the same time, Noam Dar is one of the men I really have been rooting for since day one and is of course one of my favourites for the win. He's someone I've been a fan of for so long that I just had to back him. So it was a tough one for me to watch but I did enjoy the action. In all fairness I was expecting a touch more but I do think that in round two Noam Dar really will impress everyone a whole lot more and those of us who have seen his work before know that he has so much more to show. Dar is in fact the youngest man in the tournament at only twenty two but that sure does not mean he's someone to right off and his far from a rookie. Wrestling since the age of fifteen Dar is an experienced competitor who really has taken on the best that wrestling has to offer around the world. His experience did come into play throughout this match, we saw him transition into moves perfectly well and in that final sequence he was able to lock in his submission perfectly to score the victory advancing also to round two. Now, Gurv did have a great showing too. He brought a lot of character and gave Dar a run for his money. They both used their surroundings perfectly more than any other two competitors using the ring as a weapon and with both being so confident they were stand out stars of the tournament.

Up next we had one of my favourite matches of the entire WWE Cruiser-weight Classic so far as British talent Jack Gallagher took on the very impressive Fabian Aichner. From the moment the little VT was shown I was beyond excited for this match. This is one that I knew straight away was going to be an interesting one and a sure must see. We had two very very different men both in appearance and in ring style and so when you put them two together you get something completely different and very exciting. Of course I was much much more aware of Gallagher. As a fan of British wrestling I have seen a lot of Jack over the years and I have always been someone that has been completely captivated and entertained by him. I was however a touch worried about how the fans would take to him at the full sail arena but he proved to be popular the moment he stepped into that ring and showed some character. He showed himself to be extremely charismatic and had the whole crowd on their feet chanting for him and he very quickly became a fan favourite. Now, Fabian Aichner was someone that I wasn't all too aware of but he the VT alone was enough for me want to know more and for him to grab my attention massively. I was originally very behind Jack Gallagher. At the start of the match I was backing him a hundred percent but the longer this match went on the more I was drawn to Fabian and he very quickly became someone I started really rooting for. Jack was brining all the character but Fabian brought so much athleticism and he really did surprise me at how much he was able to keep up with Gallagher technically. He delivered some fantastic offence and moves that had me jumping up out of my seat genuinely surprised. Throughout the match he was able to really turn things around for himself and the longer it went on  the more the fans in the crowd got behind him. He managed to wow everyone with his shock move set but once he realised Gallagher was not backing down without a fight he started to use his massive size advantage to just that. As one of the biggest guys in the tournament he really did have an advantage here. However, Gallagher was just on his A game this week. He had the fans eating out the palm of his hands and those final moments had everyone on their feet and I was beyond glad to see him pick up the win. This was a fantastic match and despite his loss I really would love to see Fabian make his way to NXT. He won the fans over, he put on a brilliant performance and clearly looks like a star.

The final match in round one of the WWE Cruiser-weight classic saw the most anticipated match take place as NXT Superstars Johnny Gargano and Tommaso Ciampa go one on one. Personally, this was the match I had been waiting for all month long. Again, I have been a fan of both of these superstars for a really long time and seeing them arrive in NXT together made me happy enough but to see them both take part in the cruiserweight classic and take each other on in round two had me so unbelievably excited. Here we have two extremely extremely talented men who were for sure going to put on a fantastic match that no one would want to miss out on. They both were of course very very over with the fans. They were two of the most popular men in the tournament and everyone was excited for this match and trust me when I say these two did not disappoint. The expectations where high and they lived up to them and exceeded them without a doubt! The VT before the match and the backstage interview added the story to this match that every other in the tournament has missed and it had me ten times more excited. We had the brilliant story between two friends, a tag team who arrived in the WWE at the same time and have been working together for the past year now going one on one and it set up something truly brilliant. Now, personally I know Gargano was the fan
favourite but I have always been a bigger fan of Ciampa so I had to root for him throughout this one this week. From the moment the bell rang tot he moment the match ended I was glued. This match had everything you could ask for and more. They both gave us their all and put on a match worthy of being named one of the greatest matches of twenty sixteen. The moment that bell rang the friendship was out of the window. These two put each other through hell Ciampa in particular was just brutal. There were certain moments in this match were I literally jumped out of me seat and was clapping at the screen. They also made sure to tell a story from start to finish. We saw the hesitation to hit certain moves on one another, we saw the chemistry and the wrestling was just amazing. We really did get to see just how much these two knew each other and they both used that to get the upper hand at different times. It was the longest match of the tournament and hands down my personal favourite. The strikes and power from both these men was impressive and they really did set the bar for everyone else to follow. I was disappointed not to see Ciampa win but Gargano more than earned the victory and that final moment between them literally made me want to shed a little tear or two.

So that is the end of round one of the WWE cruiserweight classic. So far it really has been amazing with every match being of a high quality. There were a couple of talents that didn't advance to round two that I wanted too but everyone earned their place. Their are plenty of talents I would love to see make their way to NXT and I cannot wait to see what the future holds for them all. As always you can let me know what you thought of the show by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

Social Media Links:

Comments

Popular Posts