WWE SummerSlam Predictions: The Miz VS Apollo Crews

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good! This up and coming Sunday the WWE will host the two thousand sixteen SummerSlam pay per view live from Brooklyn, New York, the exact same venue as last years event. Following up from Saturday's NXT Takeover live special as per usual the WWE are going to have one heck of a show to follow up with a stacked card full of must see matches this is yet another pay per view you sure as hell do not want to miss out on! Throughout this week I will be uploading a bunch of prediction posts for some of the strongest matches on the card. Now, usually I would have uploaded this post on the actual week of SummerSlam but due to having to also write and upload NXT Takeover posts I have decided to start uploading these posts just a little earlier than usual. Know that most championship matches for SummerSlam will be predicted here on my blog. As usual I will be live tweeting throughout the SummerSlam pay per view and the NXT Takeover live special. It is my birthday this week so there may be a couple of posts uploaded late throughout the week because of doing my own thing but they will be uploaded at some point. I am thinking of running a little live Q and A a couple of hours before both shows so if that is something you would be interested in do let me know and I will sort that out before Sunday. Now, I am pre posting these posts both for SummerSlam and NXT Takeover Brooklyn and so keep in mind while reading these posts that some things may have changed or developed since the day that I wrote the posts. I will however take some time to edit every single one of these posts to try and keep everything up to date and clear. As always any recent blog posts will be linked bellow including my most recent Review and reactions for Monday night RAW, Smackdown Live and of course NXT. Finally, you can let me know what your predictions are for every single match on both the SummerSlam and the NXT Takeover Brooklyn card by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

After defeating Baron Corbin and Kalisto in a number one contenders match Apollo Crews will go one on one with The Miz for the Intercontinental Championship live on the WWE Network this up and coming weekend at the two thousand and sixteen SummerSlam pay per view but who walks out as champ? Lets take a look back at the past month for both these men and what their odds look like walking into there match up this Sunday.

Let's first take a look at Apollo Crews. I have mentioned here on my blog in the past that I am a huge Apollo Crews fan. I've been following his career for many years before he arrived in the WWE and have continued to be a fan of his work. He spent the best of the past year working down in NXT where he took on the likes of Baron Corbin and then champion Finn Balor. He competed in a handful of stand out matches that highlighted him as one of the biggest most must see stars on the NXT roster. He was then called up to the main roster the night after Wrestlemania. Now, I have been pretty vocal in the past about my general opinion on NXT superstars getting called up at certain times. In the past the WWE have showed they can either get the timing perfectly right or completely wrong. Unfortunately for Crews I have to say that I honestly believe he was called up too soon. There of course is no denying the fact that he is brilliant in ring competitor. He has a great deal of experience and that shows in the ring. He has a great move set that shows him to be a complete hybrid talent capable of doing pretty much anything in the ring. Able to reach the top rope and stun us all he also has a great deal of strength that gives him the upper hand also. However, he does still have areas he needs to improve on and thats where NXT really could have helped him. We all know that he needs more character development a touch more work on his mic skills. A couple of extra months in NXT would have allowed him to compete in stronger storyline's that could build his fan base and transform him into an even bigger star. Just a month into his main roster debut it became very clear that his call up may just have come a little too soon. There was nothing for him and his matches were nowhere near is strong as they should have been. The draft however may just have saved him.

Crews may not have been apart of the televised draft picks but he was an important draft. A young up and coming talent with bags of potential anyone can see that Crews will play a huge part in the future of the WWE making him an important pick. He has a lot to offer and a lot to bring to whatever roster he was going to be drafted too. I also mentioned him in a previous blog post where I spoke of superstars that will benefit the most from the brand split. So far only weeks into the brand split we cans see that he really has been one of the men to mostly benefit from the brand extension. In the space of the two weeks we saw him compete to become the number one contender for the the WWE World Championship after winning a battle royal and then the following week he one a triple threat to become the number one contender for the Intercontinental Championship. In Smackdown LIVE's opening month Crews has found himself as one of it's stand out stars. Less than a year into his arrival in the WWE Crews has also found himself in a very important singles match at SummerSlam, one of the biggest pay per views of the year and I have to say that I'm so so proud! There is no doubt in my mind that Crews will have a brilliant performance this Sunday.

The Miz is someone I really do have a lot of respect for. He has has such an interesting crazy career and while he may not be everyone's biggest fan I don't think anyone can honestly say they don't respect him. He has achieved so much in his career and has managed to always find a way to bounce back to a decent spot on the roster. At the moment he has found himself in one of the best position he has been in in a very very long time. Finally it feels as though the WWE have got it right with him. The night after Wrestlemania we saw him defeat Zack Ryder to become the new Intercontinental champion and since then he has just been on fire. Thanks to the help of Maryse, the Miz has manage to go from ten to a hundred. Every week we see him either in some kind of promo, segment of backstage interview where he has shown himself to be a fantastic entertainer (as he always has) and we have been able to see his character just go from strength to strength. Everything he does just seems to work and of course the chemistry between him and wife Maryse is just fantastic making everything that much better. So far he has actually managed to what I believe is a brilliant championship reign. He has fitted in a couple of strong storyline's and brilliant stand out matches one of witch is for sure in the running for match of the year. He continues to prove himself and I honestly can say that he is currently one of the superstars I am most entertained by.

I know it wasn't the words any superstar wants to hear when talking about why they were drafted to a show but I actually liked the way he was drafted and the reasons. Bryan made it clear they needed the intercontinental championship on Smackdown LIVE and with the history between Miz and Bryan it was just great and I loved that pushed him as this irritating heel that we all know him to be. Since the brand split Miz has also been another stand out star in my eyes. We have seen more editions of Miz TV, he has competed against Randy Orton, and found himself in a new fresh feud heading into SummerSlam and a match I for sure am very interested in watching. Just like Apollo I also mentioned Miz as being one of the stars that would most benefit from the brand extension and so far he seems to be proving just that.

Now, like I have said, I really am excite for this match. There isn't this huge story behind it but we have two brilliant in ring talents and two very different superstars. They both will bringing something completely different to this match with the Miz clearly bringing all the character and telling a story throughout. While Crews will be bringing a level of athleticism and stand out spots that the Miz may
not be capable of pulling off and delivering. What I'm hopeing as usual is that these two are given a decent amount of time to compete. If they are there is no doubt in my mind that they could deliver one of the stand out matches of the night. We do have a very strong SummerSlam card one that could easily produce a number of match of the year candidate style bouts and this could very easily be one of them. They are both so so talented and are very capable of putting on a brilliant match. As to who I will personally be backing I have to go with Crews. I believe that the Miz has had a great championship reign but I really would love to see a new champion crowned and for Smackdown LIVE to have something new an exciting going on. I do however think that is's very likely Miz will retain and I wouldn't be surprised is he walked out of Brooklyn still the IC Champ. I do also think that we have to keep the likes of Baron Corbin in mind when talking about this match, He is someone that I'm confident will be champion by the end of the year and if the WWE want to keep him going in the direction of becoming the Intercontinental champion than we have to think about this match in a whole other way. The best part however is that with the Miz having the character that he does it means that either of this superstars could walk out and enter a feud with Corbin that will just work. But keeping these guys in mind only and I do believe this will be a great match and I'm confident we will see a new champion crowned.

As always you can let me know what your predictions are for this match and every other match on the SummerSlam card by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria. 

Social media Links:
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram

Recent Blog Posts:
My Top 5 Current Lucha Underground Stars
Smackdown LIVE Highlights

Monday Night RAW Highlights
SummerSlam Predictions: Dolph Ziggler VS Dean Ambrose


Comments

Popular Posts