WWE SummerSlam Predictions: Dean Ambrose VS Dolph Ziggler

WWE Championship Match
Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good! This up and coming Sunday the WWE will host the two thousand sixteen SummerSlam pay per view live from Brooklyn, New York, the exact same venue as last years event. Following up from Saturday's NXT Takeover live special as per usual the WWE are going to have one heck of a show to follow up with a stacked card full of must see matches this is yet another pay per view you sure as hell do not want to miss out on! Throughout this week I will be uploading a bunch of prediction posts for some of the strongest matches on the card. Now, usually I would have uploaded this post on the actual week of SummerSlam but due to having to also write and upload NXT Takeover posts I have decided to start uploading these posts just a little earlier than usual. Know that most championship matches for SummerSlam will be predicted here on my blog. As usual I will be live tweeting throughout the SummerSlam pay per view and the NXT Takeover live special. It is my birthday this week so there may be a couple of posts uploaded late throughout the week because of doing my own thing but they will be uploaded at some point. I am thinking of running a little live Q and A a couple of hours before both shows so if that is something you would be interested in do let me know and I will sort that out before Sunday. Now, I am pre posting these posts both for SummerSlam and NXT Takeover Brooklyn and so keep in mind while reading these posts that some things may have changed or developed since the day that I wrote the posts. I will however take some time to edit every single one of these posts to try and keep everything up to date and clear. As always any recent blog posts will be linked bellow including my most recent Review and reactions for Monday night RAW, Smackdown Live and of course NXT. Finally, you can let me know what your predictions are for every single match on both the SummerSlam and the NXT Takeover Brooklyn card by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

After scoring the victory in a gruelling six-pack challenge match on the first roster full episode of Smackdown live, Dolph Ziggler will challenge Dean Ambrose for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship this up and coming Sunday at one of the biggest events of the year, the SummerSlam pay per view. Sure to be a stand out match of the night which one of these superstars will be walking out with on of the most prestigious championships in the WWE?

Despite being one of the worlds biggest Dean Ambrose fans I was not expecting him to walk out of last months Battleground pay per view still the WWE World Heavyweight Champion. Competing in one of the most anticipated matches in WWE history I think it's safe to say that many fans were expecting the lunatic fringe  drop the title to either Seth Rollins or Roman Reigns. With RAW being the flagship show and both Reigns and Rollins both drafted to Monday night RAW on top of all the other obvious reasons I seemed pretty confident that there would be a title change closing the Battleground pay per view. However, after competing in a match that live up to the expectations and the hype Dean Ambrose picked up the biggest win for Smackdown Live walking out and walking into the new era still the WWE World Heavyweight Champion. I remember watching this and literally jumping up off my sofa and screaming with joy. I was honestly not expecting Ambrose to retain what so ever and the little surprised finished off what was in my eyes a great pay per view. So far Ambrose has had a very strong championship reign. It's difficult to talk in full detail about the reign because it's only been a couple of months but already he is showing to be a passionate, entertaining, and fighting champion. Before draft night he defended the title against Seth Rollins twice in back to back matches on RAW and Smackdown. Both strong matches that will be highlighted at the end of the year as two of the best to come out of both weekly shows of twenty sixteen. His performance at Battleground was as strong as I could have expected. He made sure the limelight was not taking off of him playing the role as the true baby face defending his title making the necessary alliance to make sure he remained in control. It was a well thought out plan that insured he kept hold of the WWE World Heavyweight Championship.

If I'm being completely honest, I am not the worlds biggest Dolph Ziggler fan. I never have been and I don't think I ever will be. Sure I can appreciate that he is extremely talented in the ring has gone very underutilised throughout his WWE career, no one can deny those facts. However, I cannot sit here and say that he is anywhere near being a favourite WWE superstar of mine or someone I look forward to watching every week, because he just isn't. If we take a look back at Dolph's career he really has competed in some stand out matches. Taking on the likes of John Cena, Randy Orton, Seth Rollins and more despite never getting his big push really until now he has found himself working some great storyline's and more importantly some fantastic matches that have remained some of my favourite WWE matches of the past decade or so. Keeping all that in mind I have to admit that I was not expecting him to walk away with the victory in the six - pack challenge number one contenders match. Up against the likes of Baron Corbin, John Cena, AJ Styles and Apollo Crews to name a thew it my eyes it just felt as though there were more names that simply made sense to walk out as the winner and going on to compete in one of the biggest matches of the year. I will go into more detail on this a little more later on. I was actually watching this with my mum and she's a massive Dolph Ziggler fan and that win literally made her the happiest person alive I on the other hand had a face like a slapped arse. Don't get me wrong I can see why the decision was made and he clearly deserves it it was just a huge huge shock. But you know what I like a shock. It's rare that the WWE can really surprise fans these days and so a match like this where you did have big big names competing and more like winners it was a huge surprise to see Ziggler walk out as the new number one contender and as someone that moans a lot about not getting enough surprises I can't sit and moan now.

 What I love about this match is how much it represents everything Smackdown Live is about. From Day one general manager Daniel Bryan and commissioner Shane McMahon have made it clear that their show will be all about the wrestlers and not the backstage politics and authority figures. Smackdown Live is the place of opportunity, the place where the underdogs shine and everyone is given the chance to make an impact. This match shows that and shows exactly what Smackdown represents one hundred and ten percent. Both these superstars have gone miss-used by the WWE in the past. Both had to wait for their time at the top and watches as other bigger names take the spotlight. Both have that underdog feel and both are here to represent the same thing. This is exactly why I understand why the WWE choose Ziggler as the number one contender. Personally one the night I was rooting for Crews of Corbin for all the obvious reasons. Regardless of who won the six- pack challenge whether it be a new star or an older star like John Cena I was not and am not expecting Ambrose to drop the title at SummerSlam. Keeping that in mind giving someone like Corbin a big big storyline and championship match at SummerSlam would have given him the elevation he needs and much later on they could have came back to him for an actual championship victory. But like I said, Ziggler made perfect sense and is the superstar the represents what Smackdown is all about the most.

Expectations for this match are fairly high. If I'm being completely honest I'm not expecting this to be the best/stand out match of the night. We have a very very strong SummerSlam card this year and living up to Seth Rollins VS Finn Balor is going to be next to impossible for both Ambrose and Ziggler and every other superstar and match on the card. That's not to say that I don't believe this will be a strong match. Here we have two very very talented superstars, both very different in character
and with in ring style. We  have seen them collide briefly in the past in occasional singles and tag team matches and so we have had a little taste of what they can bring to the table when they step into a ring together. I'm hopeing that as usual they are given a decent amount of time. Anything over twenty minuets will really allow these guys to take the spotlight and deliver a match that puts everyone else under pressure to deliver to the same standard. The WWE have managed to build up a solid story between them and with both superstars being so massively popular with the fans it's going to be interesting seeing just how split the live crowd and everyone at home is. Personally, I have to back Dean Ambrose. I don't want to see his championship reign come to an end just yet at all and I honestly don't believe that it will. This is sure to be a great match but there is not a single part of me that believes we will see a title change in this match. Ziggler will without a doubt have a fantastic performance and I'm confident this could even turn out to be one of the greatest matches of his career but I have to go with Ambrose on this one.

Of course I will be live tweeting throughout both the kick off show and the actual SummerSlam pay per view on Sunday! As always you can let me know what your predictions are for this match and everything else on the card by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

Social media Links:
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram

Recent Blog Posts:
My Top 5 Current Lucha Underground Stars
Smackdown LIVE Highlights
Monday Night RAW Highlights

Comments

Popular Posts