WWE SummerSlam Predictions: Sasha Banks VS Charlotte

WWE Women's Championship Match
Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good! This up and coming Sunday the WWE will host the two thousand sixteen SummerSlam pay per view live from Brooklyn, New York, the exact same venue as last years event. Following up from Saturday's NXT Takeover live special as per usual the WWE are going to have one heck of a show to follow up with a stacked card full of must see matches this is yet another pay per view you sure as hell do not want to miss out on! Throughout this week I will be uploading a bunch of prediction posts for some of the strongest matches on the card. Now, usually I would have uploaded this post on the actual week of SummerSlam but due to having to also write and upload NXT Takeover posts I have decided to start uploading these posts just a little earlier than usual. Know that most championship matches for SummerSlam will be predicted here on my blog. As usual I will be live tweeting throughout the SummerSlam pay per view and the NXT Takeover live special. It is my birthday this week so there may be a couple of posts uploaded late throughout the week because of doing my own thing but they will be uploaded at some point. I am thinking of running a little live Q and A a couple of hours before both shows so if that is something you would be interested in do let me know and I will sort that out before Sunday. Now, I am pre posting these posts both for SummerSlam and NXT Takeover Brooklyn and so keep in mind while reading these posts that some things may have changed or developed since the day that I wrote the posts. I will however take some time to edit every single one of these posts to try and keep everything up to date and clear. As always any recent blog posts will be linked bellow including my most recent Review and reactions for Monday night RAW, Smackdown Live and of course NXT. Finally, you can let me know what your predictions are for every single match on both the SummerSlam and the NXT Takeover Brooklyn card by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

After picking up a shock victory over Charlotte three weeks ago on Monday Night RAW Sasha Banks became the new WWE Women's Champion a year after debuting on the main roster. As the arena and everyone at home celebrated Sasha's massive win Charlotte had revenge in mind and this weekend live on the WWE Network these two women will collide once again when Sasha defends her title for the first time on WWE pay per view live at SummerSlam!

Now, I don't know about you but I believe Charlotte had a fantastic championship reign. Defeating Nikki Bella all the way back at last years Night of Champions pay per view to become the then WWE Divas Champion Charlotte went on to have multiple solid storyline's and strong championship matches. Stepping in the ring and working feuds with some of the best women the WWE has to offer today such as Nikki Bella, Paige, and Becky Lynch Charlotte was given the chance to work storyline's women have been fighting to have in the WWE for years and thing only got better when the divas revolution became the women's evolution. That's right, this year Sasha Banks, Becky Lynch and Charlotte all took part in one of the biggest matches of the Wrestlemania thirty two card and the most important match in women's wrestling history. The night also saw the divas championship retired with Lita introducing the now WWE Women's Championship hours before the match itself. The three NXT graduated put on a brilliant match that while had it's stumbles and shaky moments was an all round strong match and on of my highlight bouts of the Wrestlemania thirty two card. Charlotte of course picked up the victory and despite rooting for Sasha Banks on the night Charlotte proved to have earned that victory throughout the match and has since gone on to become one of the best female champions of the past decade and maybe even of all time.

I know people really are divided when it comes to Charlotte. Some people really don't like her and some people love her. I personally have followed her career from day one and I've always been a fan of hers. Of course I have mentioned before that I have always been a bigger fan of the likes of Sasha Banks and Bayley but Charlotte is someone I have always been interested in someone who as a wrestler has kept me entertained for the past two to three years. Whenever she steps into that ring we are sure to see some seriously athletic work and whether she is working a three minuet match of twenty three minuet match she makes sure to fit in some fantastic wrestling and strong story telling. Talking of story telling, Charlotte hasn't always been the best at character development and being able to tell a great story. That's something that over the years she has improved on massivley with every feud seeing her develop and improve more and more. Since her call up to the main roster Charlotte has also massivley improved on her mic skills too. Yeah sure she still has a long way to go and I hate the fact that she still practically screams down the mic but she really has come a long way especially with her character. Over the past nine months or so she has managed become one of the strongest heels on the main roster topping some of the guys. She knows how to make a crowd hate her in a way that a heel should be hated. She gets under your skin and has worked at becoming the biggest bitch in the division. You put all that together and you really do have a fantastic champion who really did have a great reign changing up the way women's wrestling is viewed.

There's no doubt about it, Sasha Banks is my current favourite female competitor in the WWE and she has been for a long long time now! One of the best all round WWE superstars today Sasha is a talent that literally has it all. Far more than a pretty face Sasha is without fail one of the most gifted in ring talents in all of the WWE. If we take a look back at what she has accomplished and how far she has come over the years you have to applaud her. She went from being compared to Cameron to becoming one of the most popular WWE Superstars in the company today. We also have to mention the work she has done to help move the Women's division to new heights. Never have we seen a female competitor as over as Sasha and while working in NXT she managed to change the way women's wrestling is viewed alongside Bayley, Becky Lynch and of course Charlotte. It was a year ago that she competed in one if not the best women's match in WWE history and the two thousand and fifteen match of the year. She was also alongside Bayley the first women to main event a WWE live special and the first women to compete in a Iron man match. In her short WWE career she has already managed to make history and set the bar. Since her call up to the main roster she has continued to raid the bar and deliver to a high standard. She remains the most over female talent on the roster and now as champions she finds herself at the top of the division.

I'm not gonna lie, while I really did love Charlotte's championship reign I hated waiting for Sasha to finally capture the championship. Even though she has always been so popular with the fans and is clearly extremely talented I was not expecting her to be the first of the three NXT calls ups last year to capture the championship. There was never any doubt in my mind that Charlotte would be the first of the four horsewomen to win the title and so it came as no surprise when she defeated Nikki Bella last year. I was however really surprised not to see Sasha score the victory back at Wrestlemania a thew months back. The way the match was built up and what we were seeing online I was confident that the Boss would be leaving Wrestlemania thirty two the new WWE Women's Champion. Most people I spoke to in the lead up to this match agreed with me also so it was a surprise seeing Charlotte retain. Again I was also very very surprised to see Sasha actually win the title back on Monday night RAW a thew weeks back. Not only do we rarely see titles change hands on RAW but again I think it's safe to say most of us were expecting her to get her big win at SummerSlam. I know thats what I was expecting but when you think about it, going four more weeks with Sasha chasing the title would have been a touch more difficult to create a story that would have remained interesting however far from impossible

I know I have said it pretty much every day this week for every prediction post I have written but I really am very very excited for this match. You take a look back at the history between these two women and you have to agree that these two know how to put on a phenomenal match. Their previous championship match that saw Sasha take the victory was without a doubt the match of the night and with a show that saw Finn Balor take on Roman Reigns and two fantastic fatal four way matches it says a lot that it was Sasha and Charlotte who stole the show. Even when you look back at their NXT work these two women have been delivering top quality matches from day one. Their almost like the Trish and Lita of this generation. You know for a fact that when they step in the ring against one another they are going to tear the house down and give everyone else a run for their money. Now, we do have a very strong card this weekend but I don't doubt for a single second that these two could end up putting on one of the best matches of the entire night and this could very easily go into the talks of match of the year. However, what comes with having a great in ring history is expectations. The expectations for this match are higher than ever and these two women have a lot to live up to after their previous title match. Of course these women are more than capable of performing to that level again and even working a match that tops their previous one. What I'm hopeing is they are given long enough. If the WWE are able to give these girls around twenty five minuets we could be in for something truly phenomenal.

It will come as no surprise that I will be backing the Boss and current champ, Sasha Banks this
weekend. I do not want to see Sasha drop that title at all this weekend and I don't believe she will at all. However, I have actually read that some people are expecting her to drop it. Personally I can't see that happening. I believe Sasha is going to have a fantastic title reign and the list of potential opponents is endless. We have some potential storyline's coming up that really cold change the women's division altogether. I don't doubt that Charlotte with give Sasha a run for her money. Charlotte is easily the most athletic women to enter a WWE ring ever and her athleticism is bound to be on show massivley throughout this match. We are sure to get many many close calls an brilliant spots that have everyone on the edge of their seat and I hope these girls really do take some risks and push the boundaries a little here. I'd love to see Sasha honour Eddie more again this weekend and I'm for sure expecting Dana to play a big role in this match. What would make this even better is if half way through the match Bayley makes a surprise appearance out of nowhere to even up the odds and take out Dana. We can expect some fantastic story telling and outstanding wrestling here in this match and I'm expecting nothing but the best. This really is the era of women's wrestling these two are about to prove it all over again on Sunday night.

Of course I will be live tweeting throughout both the kick off show and the actual SummerSlam pay per view on Sunday! As always you can let me know what your predictions are for this match and everything else on the card by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

Recent Blog Posts:
NXT Takeover Brooklyn Predictions: Bayley VS Asuka
Top 5 WCPW Matches of Season 1
WWE SummerSlam Predictions: The Miz VS Apollo Crews
WWE SummerSlam predictions: Dean Ambrose VS Dolph Ziggler

Social media Links:
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram

Comments

Popular Posts