My Top 5 Current Lucha Underground Stars

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good! Today I have a slightly different blog post for you. It's one that I have been wanting to write for quite some time but just never gotten around to actually writing it. I have mentioned a thew time over the past couple of months that I have very recently found a new love for Lucha Underground. Last year I watched episodes here and there but I was never a consistent watcher and I could go weeks and even months without watching. However, around March of this year I started tuning into Lucha Underground every week and ever since I have been completely hooked, watching every single week. Slowly this has become my favourite wrestling promotion to watch. Every single week I tune in and I'm hooked right from the start and throughout. While the way things were done took a while to get use to the phenomenal wrestling and the fantastic story telling sold me and I have not stopped watching since. It's the one show were every single week I claim that I have seen the best match in Lucha Underground so far and every week I more than love the main event presented to us. Now, I have said it many times before that I want to start changing up my content here on my blog and talk about more wrestling promotion. In today's blog post we are of course going to be taking a look at Lucha Underground as I count down my top five current Lucha Underground stars. As always I would love to know what you think! So feel free to let me know who your favourite Lucha star is by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria. Finally, any recent blog posts will be linked bellow including my most recent RAW Review and Reactions.

Ivelisse 
Over the past couple of weeks I have spoken about Ivelisse quite a bit. It was only two weeks ago that she featured in my top five NXT Stars the WWE failed (witch will be linked bellow) and here she is again kick starting a brand new top five. When I first started watching Lucha Underground Ivelisse was a star I could not take my eyes off of. I remembered watching her compete in FCW and very briefly in NXT and TNA but I was completely unaware of just what she could do in the ring and the standard in witch she could compete at. Watching her compete on the first episode of Lucha that I watched was enough for me to become a big big fan. You look at someone like Ivelisse and you see a true star. She's someone who really does have the full package. A clear, distinct look, very attractive, likeable, great performer, solid character with space for more development and improvement, and an amazing in ring worker. It was clear that regardless of working as a heel or a baby face Ivelisse was/is a star that fans just gravitate towards. Whenever she's making an appearance she has the crowd on their feet and is a clear favourite amongst the audience. Her matches are of a high standard, she holds herself well, and brings some serious sass and attitude. Since becoming a loyal Lucha Underground viewer Ivelisse has been someone that I have been completely obsessed with and is without a doubt one of my favourite Lucha Underground stars.

Fenix 
Fenix is a Lucha Underground star that I have gradually grown to love and become a big big fan of. At first I will admit I wasn't sure. When I first starting watching Lucha I had no idea who I liked and who I didn't and getting use to the characters took some time. The more I watched the more I began to grow on certain characters and Fenix was without a doubt one of them. He completely won me over with his fantastic in ring capabilities. A little fact, the match that actually turnt me into a hardcore Lucha Underground fan was the singles match between Fenix and Mil Muertes. I remember watching this match and being completely captivated. I did not take my eyes off of the screen throughout that entire match and when it was over I was literally speechless. It went down as one of my all time favourite matches and Fenix blew me away completely. I went back checking out some of his previous matches and ever since I have been the biggest fan of his work. He plays that role of the underdog perfectly especially in this match. He was the first Lucha Underground star I became I obsessed and with and he is without a doubt one of the main reasons why I am now such a big big fan of Lucha Underground. If you haven't seen this match than I advise you to seriously go check it out. It honestly was amazing!

Johnny Mundo 
Most of you reading this know exactly who Johnny Mundo is. Formally known as John Morrison in the WWE this is a man that has travelled the world and throughout his career has delivered fantastic memorable matches and achieving great success wherever he has gone. I will admit that during his time in the WWE I was not the biggest fan of him at all. I enjoyed his work with MNM and his work with the Miz and of course there is no denying he really did have some great performances during his time with the WWE but I never found myself the fan I am of him today. When I first started watching Lucha Underground Mundo was one of the only names I had really heard much about and because I was completely unaware of what his work was like in Lucha I wasn't too excited about what I was about to see. However, I could not have been more wrong than I was and I have to say that his work in Lucha Underground is nothing short of phenomenal. He is able to portray the character that he should have been portraying throughout his WWE career and when you look at what he is doing now all you can think is how much the WWE really did miss out. If they had given his character that one little push and took it to the next level than he would gone on to do and achieve much greater things. His alliance with Taya is fantastic and h really does have everything you could ask for. A brilliant heel character, great alliance, and a brilliant move set. He sure is one that entertains me every time I watch Lucha Underground.

Cage 
I debated with myself for a long long time as to who I would put in this list. When I watch Lucha Underground I'm honestly presented with a roster full of brilliant talent and so narrowing it down to just five of my favourites is almost impossible. Choosing who I would put at this number was even more difficult because I was stuck between Cage and Sexy Star both for different reasons but in the end I just had to go with Cage purely because he brings something so different. This is a very talented roster but when you look at it from a far Cage stands out massively. There is no one like him at all on the roster and he really does stand out for so many good reasons. When I first watched him compete in Lucha Underground I was completely amazed. I honestly did not expect to see what I we were getting see from Cage. His move set is insane and for a man his size you would never expect him to be able to move the way he can. His agility means that he is more than capable of keeping up with the smaller and sometimes faster stars on the roster. There have been so many times were Cage has amazed me and proven why he should be noted as one of the top stars in Lucha Underground. I do feel as though there is even more to see of him and the more we do see of him the more he just going to amaze.

Prince Puma 
This list truly would not be complete without this final man. Known I'm sure by plenty of you reading this as Ricochet, Prince Puma has over the past year become one of the biggest names in Lucha Underground and a sure favourite of mine. Finding himself working in Japan for a great deal of time Ricochet has a huge following and great support from the fans and his work in Lucha Underground is only expanding his fan base and crowd support. Every single time I get to watch Prince Puma compete I'm left full of excitement. It's always safe to expect nothing but the best and high quality matches. Performing to the top high standards he is someone that never ever disappoints and a star that I begin to love even more as the weeks go by. It's almost impossible to pick one match of his that stands out but with a future match against Rey Mysterio I'm certain that this could be one of Prince Puma's best matches in his entire career (remember that his is a pre posted blog post and this match could have already taken place). In the coming weeks I will be talking a lot more about Prince Puma even more and in full detail so make sure to keep an eye out for that over the next thew weeks as he is set to feature in a thew more of my top five specials!

So that is my list. Like I noted earlier it was very difficult to narrow this list down to only five. I could honestly have written a part two. I have to write a special recognition for both Sexy Star and Mil Muertes who I really wanted to add to this list as well! As always, I would love to know what you guys think so let me know by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria letting me know who your favourite Lucha Underground star is!

Social Media Links:
Facebook
Twitter
Instagram

Recent Blog Posts:


Comments

Popular Posts