Match Recommendations of the Week

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World! I hope you are all well and good and have had an awesome week! So, we have reached the end of yet another week and we have finally welcomed December! Christmas season has officially begun (even though for me it pretty much started straight after Halloween) and I'm super excited for the weeks to come! Starting next Monday I will start uploading my of the year posts! Yes, it's that time again where I take a look back at some of the best matches, male, female, and NXT stars of the year as well as plenty more other categories. This will run throughout December and I really cannot wait to get that started here on my blog! Today I, however, I have some completely new and something I'm even more excited about bringing you! Entitled " Match Recommendations" today's blog post is the start of a brand new weekly series where I will list five matches I believe you should guys should all check out! This can be matches from the past few days, past week or even twenty years ago. I've found since starting my blog that often there are plenty of matches I want to talk about but can't create a full post where I can mention it and so this idea popped up. The plan is to have this up on my blog every Friday and will give me a chance to talk about some of my favourite matches of now and of all time! If you like this idea and want it to stay a regular thing then do let me know! As always any recent blog posts will be linked bellow including this week's RAW and Smackdown LIVE highlights. Finally, you can let me know what your match recommendations of the week are by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me over at @TezangiVictoria.

Toni Storm VS Candice LeRae

Kickstarting today's blog post off we have some action from the women's division. Taking place a couple of weeks back for Progress Wrestling we saw Toni Storm defend her PROGRESS women's Championship against Candice LeRae. Both competitors in the WWE Mae Young Classic these are two of the best female wrestlers in the world today and this match proved that statement to be very very true. From start to finish the two women gave fans every reason to be totally invested. Fast-paced, gripping and full of action Storm and LaRae put on one of my personal favourite female matches of the year. While I could have seen them go at it for far longer than the time provided they took advantage of every single second they had and provided the PROGRESS fans in attendance with a fantastic wrestling match and brilliant competition. Difficult to predict who exactly would get the win both women pushed each other to the limit, used their surroundings to their full advantage and close calls, killer spots and amazing charisma made this a true standout matchup. Despite all her efforts and more than one close call Candice LeRae was unable to walk out with the championship and after kicking out at one following a devastating piledriver it was three more straight after that finally proved to be enough to put LaRae away and Storm able to keep hold of her championship. This match is available on YouTube so defiantly check it out if you haven't already!

Roman Reigns VS Elias Samson

Up next is the only WWE match on today's list and the most recent, this past Mondays Intercontinentalental championship match between current champ Roman Reigns and challenger Elias. As I mentioned in Wednesday's blog post I was unsure about this match when it was announced. I didn't want to see a match that would eventually result in Elias getting buried and I worried for it would do for the up and coming star, however, the WWE once again did a fantastic job booking Elias. Since his call-up to the main roster they really have done a brilliant job with his booking and while he didn't pick up the victory on Monday he did have a fantastic in-ring performance, probably his best to date, and was put over massively. He gained a huge amount of respect from the WWE universe are proving he is more than capable of competing alongside the biggest and best names in the company and after what we saw from him during this match I really do hope the WWE continues to book him well and carry on using him in the right way. As for Reigns he again had a fantastic performance. Holding the IC title is controversial of course but after his all-around performance on Monday night do we really have anything to actually complain about?

Bram VS Mickey Whiplash 

I'll admit that over the past few months I really have fallen behind when it comes to ICW. I've had so much going on there has been so much wrestling out there that I've found it really difficult to keep up. However, the past couple of weeks I've been trying to catch up and binge watch some ICW and while there are plenty of matches I want to talk about and in all honesty I could have made this post completely focused on ICW there was one match I really wanted to mention this week, Bram VS Mickey Whiplash. Also taking place a couple of weeks back this match saw two of the most extreme, insane, hardcore, controversial stars go one on one in a match that left me wanting more. While it ended in a rather disappointing no contest after the two men took their bout outside the arena what we got in the build-up to that was right up my street. I love ICW for everything it stands for and the hardcore division is where my attention is focused. Bram and Whiplash have two of the most interesting, captivating characters in wrestling today and their collision was really fun and interesting to watch. Similarities in their characters, the lack of likability to their characters but their intensity and experience makes them brilliant to watch and together they really did provide us all with a must-see matchup and future encounters I really do look forward to.

David Starr & Kay Lee Ray VS Mike Bailey & Veda Scott

One of my personal favourite matches of the year outside the WWE has to be this next match to feature. In one of the last episodes of WCPW, we saw David Starr and Kay Lee Ray team up to take on Mikey Bailey and Veda Scott in mixed tag team action. This was a match full of four fantastic in-ring competitors and together they put on one epic match. It was a slower start and at first, I wasn't as interested or invested in what was going on but that changed very quickly! As we saw the chemistry between all four come across better the action grew stronger and I found myself totally hooked. Kay Lee Ray, Starr, Veda Scott and Bailey all proved to be four of the best most skilled in-ring stars in the world today and really proved just how high the standard of pro wrestling in twenty seventeen really is. All competitors impressed and stood out but we have to mention the women and what they did on this on the night. Completely raising the bar Veda Scott and Kay Lee Ray proved once and for all just how good women are in this industry and that they can totally hang with the guys. They both completely stole the show and I promise that if you are someone against intergender matches that if you check this out you may just change your mind!

Will Ospreay & Bea Priestley VS  Ricochet and Tessa Blanchard
In two thousand and sixteen, Ricochet and British star Will Ospreay had one of the most talked about and controversial matches of the year. While I personally was a huge fan of that match so many people strongly disliked and while they didn't deny that both men were amazingly talented they deemed the match a spot fest and not an actual wrestling contest. At the start of twenty seventeen, the two men collide again this time for WCPW and with their girlfriends by their side in what was an epic match. Honestly, it has been months since this match took place and I'm still talking about it and going back and re-watching. This really was wrestling at it's best. Now, I know there are going to plenty of people who once again will call this another spot fest and not enough actual wrestling but I would go as far to say this is one of the best matches I have ever seen. January really did produce a lot of standout matches especially from British talent and British promotions and this one had to be my favourite. It had everything I personally want in a match and everything that makes a match one to consider to be a classic. Amazing chemistry, a fantastic reaction from the crowd, storytelling, and most of athleticism and wrestling ability that had everyone speechless. This match had it all and so much more. Every single one of these competitors was on fire and gave us something truly outstanding. Ricochet and Osprey are honestly two of the best wrestlers in the world today, I don't think anyone can doubt that. The stuff they can do in the ring is just insane and they manage to keep crowd entertained and hooked in a way that no one else can. Their chemistry is just fantastic and that really shined through in this match. There were "this is awesome" chants within minutes of this match starting and within the first five minutes we had so much action and so much going on that we all just sat there wondering what on earth these four could possibly do next. I say four because Tessa and Bea were fucking brilliant in this match. Both women took some seriously harsh spots in this match and while I'm not the biggest fan of seeing two men like Will and Ricochet kick the shit out of two girls it seemed to just work in this match. Both women took those hits amazingly well selling perfectly and showing they can hang with two of the best wrestlers in the world today. They kept up with their partners throughout and Tessa, in particular, was just amazing. Both teams, of course, ha great chemistry but there was something about how Tessa and Ricochet worked that gripped me. The trust they had in each other, the spots they pulled off, it was all so well planned but looked so effortless and there wasn't really a botch and let's be honest there is so much that could have gone wrong with some of the moves they did. The longer the match went on the more intense it grew, sure there were messy moments where you genuinely had no idea who was the legal talent but this was such an entertaining match and such a  brilliant showcase of modern wrestling how could you not call this one of the best of the year and a true classic.

And there we have it! That is my first "Match Recommendations" post. I really did have so much fun with this post! It was really cool going back and binge-watching plenty of wrestling then coming back to write about here! I hope you enjoyed this post and want to see more in the future. As I mentioned, I'm  planning on making this a weekly thing here on my blog! If you like this idea and want it to stay a regular thing then do let me know! As always any recent blog posts will be linked bellow including this week's RAW and Smackdown LIVE highlights. Finally, you can let me know what your match recommendations of the week are by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me over at @TezangiVictoria. 

Recent Blog posts:
5 Wrestlers Outside the WWE You should be Watching
Last Week in Wrestling
Last Month in NXT: NOVEMBER

Comments

Popular Posts