WWE OMG Moments of the Year

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good and enjoying the Christmas season. So everywhere we turn right now Christmas is staring us right in the face. Of course, this is my favourite time of year but I know that's not the case for everyone else and so here on my blog, there is a lack of Christmas feels around but instead it is of the year season. Every year I dedicate the month of December to talking a look back at the past twelve months and listing the best matches, superstars, and moments of the year. These posts are super fun to write and I love going back and rewatching a ton of wrestling all over again, however, this is also a stressful time and it can be difficult to stay on top of things so some of the posts in this series have been pre-posted but that will always be noted in the post somewhere! So far we have touched on my WWE Female Superstar and tag team of the year but today we're going to be focusing on moments as I count down the top five WWE OMG Moments of the year. We had plenty of these this year from the Shield reuniting, Paige's return and Jinder Mahal's shock WWE Championship victory. Today we're going to be looking back at some of those moments and reliving them once again. This is my last of the year post of the week and things will kick start again next Tuesday! As always, any recent blog post will be linked bellow including this week's RAW and Smackdown LIVE highlights and finally, you can let me know what your WWE OMG Moment of the year was by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me over at @TezangiVictoria. 

Paige's WWE Return

We kick start today's blog post off with the most recent thing to happen and that is the return of former WWE Divas champion, Paige. Honestly, I wasn't too sure whether or not to include this but for me, this was a standout moment for me and a huge moment for the women's division. Prior to her return Paige had been out of action and away from all things WWE for over a year and while she remained strong in the public eye and a massive talking point her return was something we were all waiting for. The former NXT Women's champion took to social media teasing her return weeks before which left us all on the edge of our seats and when her music hit in November during an episode of Monday Night RAW I know I for sure was marking out. It was brilliant to see such a strong reaction for Paige both live in the arena and online from everyone watching at home. There were concerns about the type of reaction Paige was going to get following everything that had happened over the past year but everything went very smoothly and was a big success. Her return was exactly what the women's division needed and regardless of what your personal opinions are of her Paige was very much missed and her return was a highlight of the past year.

Jinder Mahal's WWE Championship victory

Okay, so at this point, I may as well name this post "Most Controversial WWE Moments of the year" because let's be honest that is exactly what Jiner Mahal's WWE Championship victory was. Nothing quite divided fan opinion than this very booking decision. On the 18th of April Mahal won a six-pack challenge involving the likes of Luke Harper, Dolph Ziggler, and Sami Zayn to name a few and would go on to face Randy Orton at the following pay per view where he would walk out the brand new WWE Champion and the 50th in history. This really did divide opinion massively! I remember watching the night and everyone on Twitter had an opinion and to be honest it did become a joke when talking about Jinder winning but he did just that. I at the time was all for the idea. I could see so much potential and it made a little bit of sense to a certain degree but I also understood the outrage as well. Now, things may not have gone perfectly during Jinder's run as champion and we may have been left frustrated at times but this was a huge moment in the WWE this year and it has to be touched on today.

First ever Women's Money in the Bank Ladder Match

Two thousand and seventeen saw the women's evolution continue and this time things were taken to the next level when the women of Smackdown LIVE took part in the first-ever women's Money in the Bank ladder match! This is something that I personally and I know so many of you reading this had been waiting for for a very long time but the timing this year was just right. There were women from the red side I would have liked to have seen compete in this match but I'm so glad it was given to the blue brand in all fairness it didn't matter which brand had this pay per view the victory here was for all women in this industry. We saw female talent edge one step closer to being totally equal to men in this industry and that's whats important. The end result was, of course, controversial but the match itself was brilliant and the second time around was even better. There was such a focus on the division during this time and elated it and women's wrestling to brand new heights and was such an important and big time for women's wrestling.

The Shield reunion 

One of my personal favourite moments of the year as a major Shielf fan was, of course, the Shield reunion. This was yet another thing I had been waiting to see for the past few years. I was always such a big Shield fan and just like everyone else I was literally heartbroken when they went their separate ways. Their reunion was something that was teased throughout the year and when it finally happened in the Autumn I marked out like I was actually insane. One of the best moments of the year it didn't matter what your personal feelings are towards Roman Reigns reuniting the Shield was an epic satisfying moment and went down a treat. While things didn't go to plan in terms of their TLC reunion match when Ambrose, Rollins and Reigns teamed up at Survivor Series to take on the New Day it really was an amazing moment and the match itself turned out to be one of the best of the year. These guys really did prove that they are one of the biggest and best factions in WWE history.

The Hardy Boyz WWE Return

And finally, my favourite WWE OMG Moment of the year, it, of course, is the Hardy Boyz WWE return. Nothing, in my personal opinion, topped this moment. Wrestlemania this year wasn't really the best and if I'm being honest I have a very short list of what I actually enjoyed on the night but of right at the top was the return of Matt and Jeff Hardy. So unexpected I was watching this with my mum and brother and we all marked out! For me, this wasn't only one of the best moments of the year but one of the best moments in WWE history. The arena live at Wrestlemania went crazy and Twitter blew up! It was one of the most viewed videos on WWE's Youtube Channel and it's a moment I keep going back and re-watching.

And there we have it! Those are my top five WWE OMG Moments of the year! As always, any recent blog post will be linked bellow including this week's RAW and Smackdown LIVE highlights and finally, you can let me know what your WWE OMG Moment of the year was by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me over at @TezangiVictoria. 

Recent Blog Posts:
This Weeks RAW and Smackdown LIVE Highlights
WWE Female Superstar of the year 2017
Last Week in Wrestling

Comments

Popular Posts