This Weeks RAW and Smackdown LIVE Highlights

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good and have had an awesome week so far. Once again, we reach the middle point of another week which of course means it's time to take a look back at the past few days in the world of pro wrestling. As the final month of twenty seventeen kick-started the guys and girls of both RAW and Smackdown LIVE looked to make a final big impression and send the year out with a bang. I tried my best to stay on top of things this week and live tweet but things just haven't really gone to plan. However, saying all that, I am on track enough to bring you today this week's RAW and Smackdown LIVE Highlights. Both shows presented us with a lot to talk about and I'm excited to get started and hear your thoughts! Tomorrow Of the year Season will continue here on my blog. As you would have seen already I have started this season earlier on in the week and so far it's been amazing, you guys have enjoyed the posts, I've enjoyed writing them and I can't wait to bring more. Next week I will start listing the best NXT and main roster matches so keep an eye out for those and make sure to get involved too! As always, any recent blog post will be linked bellow including everything from my of the year season so far! Finally, you can have your say and let me know what you thought of this weeks episodes of RAW and Smackdown LIVE by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me over at @TezangiVictoria.


The Jason Jordan Story Continues 

Okay, so I'm pretty sure that while Wrestling fans may not agree on much the Jason Jordan situation is something well share a similar or in fact the same opinion on. While no one can deny Jordan's talent in the ring he's really been struggling to get over. I can honestly say that I have been enjoying the majority of matches he competes in but it's extremely difficult to get behind him and everything he does feels so forced. I am however changing my opinions over time. The WWE has found something that really works and we're edging closer as the weeks go by to a heel turn. Now, hopefully, I am on the right track here and they don't go and do a Roman Reigns and keep his face. We all know that the next best move for him is without a shadow of a doubt. It does look as though that's where his story is going. Jordan was apart of the opening of this weeks episode of Monday Night RAW where we saw him plead with his father to give him an opportunity at challenging Roman Reigns for the Intercontinental championship. With both Reigns and Kurt denying him the chance to do so Jordan took some of the champs advice and made a statement, blindsiding Reigns it was only a matter of time before Jordan was given another chance to prove himself. Again, his in-ring performance was excellent and my personal favorite match of the night but another loss does add to his story and while he is coming across extremely unlikable I have to admit that I'm really interested in watching this progress and hopefully a heel turn soon!


Paige Makes her WWE In-Ring Return

This weeks episode of Monday Night RAW saw a strong focus on the women's division but of course, the best that we got came from the returning Paige who faced off one on one with the boss, Sasha Banks following last weeks attack on the former four-time RAW women's champion. This was something I was really looking for. These two women have brilliant in-ring chemistry and if there past one on ones are anything to go by we had every reason to look forward to this bout. Making her in-ring return, all eyes were on Paige after a year of being away from in-ring action but she did not disappoint in the slightest. Easily one of the best matches of not only the night but from the women's division this year these two brought their A-game and delivered. The crowd was fully invested and vocal throughout the match as was everyone at home. With Banks bringing Mickie James and Bayley at ringside and Paige of course accompanied by Deville and Mandy Rose there was a lot going on and while Paige used a distraction to her advantage to pick up the victory the match itself was brilliant the performance from both women was of such a high standard. I really liked this whole segment and I look forward to also seeing where the story with Paige goes next as it's clear this is some of the best work in the women's division right now. 

Keeping on the topic of Paige, we later saw her and the rest of Absolution on our screens again when they focused their attention on the empress of tomorrow yet again however just like last week there was no physical collision between Absolution and Asuka. What we did see was another attack and this time it was Alicia Foxy who was at the hands of another beat down. I'm actually really really liking this whole story. Paige is killing it and to be fair Mandy and Sonya are also playing their roles pretty damn perfectly. 


Broken Matt has Arrived

I'm going, to be honest, I have really mixed opinions on this next little story. During last weeks episode of Monday Night RAW we saw signs that the WWE were finally go down the broken Matt root and that's exactly what we got. A promo in the final hour of the show revealed that Hardy's next feud would be against Bray Wyatt. Perfect. This is the feud I have been waiting to see for the past year and knowing that it's finally happening I'm fully invested, my problem, however, is how rushed it feels right now. The WWE went from Matt sitting in the corner of the ring talking to himself one week to full-on broken the next and for me it was just too quick. For fans who don't watch any wrestling product outside the WWE, I can only imagine how confused they are and I personally would have preferred to have seen them take their time a little and focused on building the broken stuff over the course of a few weeks but I'm not going to complain too much because lets be honest, this is what we hardcore fans have been waiting for for a long time!

Rusev and Aiden English Becoming Legit Tag Team

For the past couple of months now we have seen the alliance between Rusev and Aiden English grow. Their promos have grabbed the attention of both fans and creative and appear as though the plan is to keep going with this idea and push the pair as a tag team. Now, while I love the fact that English makes Rusev look like a star and it's brilliant to actually see Aiden involved in something that has potential and of course gives him the spotlight, I'm not over keen on the idea. This is the type of thing that could either be a huge success and we all love it or come January we're all hating it. For me personally, and I'm sure many others, I just believe that Rusev deserves to be involved in something much much stronger and I, of course, would love to see him chasing after titles and even making his way to the WWE Championship scene. That may take some time but right now I'm enjoying what we're seeing from these two working together and I'm interested to see where it ends up in the long run.

A weak Show

If I'm being totally honest, I didn't really enjoy this weeks episode of Smackdown LIVE. I found it very difficult to find any interest and I wasn't enjoying the matches or segments presented, in fact, I did actually fall asleep very early and when I checked out the show this morning I realized I wasn't actually missing out on much. I do believe that this time last year the blue brand was a heck of a lotRiott Squad and Lana, Carmella and Tamina was a waste of time and actually rather cringe-worthy. With Night of Champions taking place in less than two weeks I have to say that the weak build up is making it really difficult to me to find an interest and look forward to the pay per view. However, I am hoping things can improve next week and the WWE can draw us back in.
stronger than what it is right now. Despite the new arrivals in the women's division I'm finding that there isn't much to actually enjoy. The backstage segment we got last night between the

Overall, I believe it's pretty clear what show was stronger this week. Monday night RAW was miles ahead of what we got on Smackdown LIVE with so much happening there but like I said, I am hoping things will improve for the blue brand in the coming weeks as we end twenty-seventeen. Now, as always, any recent blog posts will be linked below including my first Of the year post which took look at the two thousand and seventeen female superstars of the year. Finally, you can let me know what you thought of this week's RAW and Smackdown by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me over at @TezangiVictoria.


Recent Blog posts:
WWE Female Superstar of the year 2017
Last Week in Wrestling
Match Recommendations of the Week

Comments

Popular Posts