Top 10 WWE Matches of the Year 2017 Part 1

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good and have had a good start to the week! So as we slowly start to approach the end of the year it also means that it is almost the end of Of the Year Season. Throughout the month of December I have been bringing you posts focusing on crowning the best matches, moments, and superstars of the year and as always it has been crazy fun! Of course, it has taken up a lot of time and I've been so busy but it has been a lot of fun and I've really enjoyed writing these posts and reading the feedback. Now, I have saved the best until last and I will now be uploading my top ten WWE matches and superstars of the year. These are always my favorite to write and they always kick-start a fun interesting conversation. Today, in particular, we are starting with my top ten WWE matches of twenty seventeen which will include matches from RAW, Smackdown LIVE, NXT, and pay per views. This post has been split into two and part two will be uploaded later in the week so keep an eye out for that also! For now, however, any recent blog posts will be linked bellow right at the very end including my most recent RAW and Smackdown LIVE Highlights as well as all my Of the Year Season posts. A quick note: I won't be live tweeting or posting any blog posts throughout Christmas and things are likely to return to normal in January but I will have more on that very soon! Finally, you can have your say and get involved let me know what your WWE Match of the year has been by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me over at @TezangiVictoria.

Nikki Cross VS Askua 

So we kick start today's blog post off with the only women's match set to feature in this year's top ten, the last women standing match between Asuka and Nikki Cross. With two of the most passionate and interesting women ever to compete in NXT going head to head for the NXT Women's champion, this was a must-see match that proved to be a new key feature in the women's evolution. Raising the bar to new heights these two women provided fans with a match that has gripped from start to finish thanks to the high impact, high energy, and high risks. You could feel how much the win meant to both these women and how important being champion was, it seemed as though they were both totally obsessed with the title but also completely hated each other. This was the first time we had seen two female superstars really compete in what we can call a true "extreme" match. Using their surroundings, what was under the ring, the announce table and ladders this was a match easy to invest and get behind and as the year carried on I noticed that there was no other women's match I was enjoying as much as I did this one and there weren't many "extreme/hardcore" matches that were to this level whether it be in the women's or men's division  the whole year round.


The Miz VS Finn Balor VS Seth Rollins

Whenever it comes to the end of the year and it's time for me to focus on the best matches of the year I've noticed that there isn't ever many matches from RAW or Smackdown LIVE featuring. However, on an episode of Monday night RAW several months back a triple threat match between the Miz, Finn Balor, and Seth Rollins delivered to a very very high standard and was noted early on as a potential match of the year candidate. Here we are at the end of the year and I have to again mention this as one of the best WWE matches of twenty-seventeen. Here we had three very talented superstars, all with years of experience, all over with the fans and all killing it on the main roster over the past year. It was a slow start but it wasn't long before I was hooked and so glad I stayed awake until four am to watch. With Balor and Rollins showing exactly why they are considered to be two of the best wrestlers in the world today, they pushed each other to new limits and gave us some fantastic wrestling but let's not forget about the Miz. He played things perfectly in this match. He too had a brilliant performance, was the perfect fit for this match and as always gave and brought so much character. Fresh to Monday night RAW following the superstar shakeup, the Miz walked out with the big win and was the start of a strong run on Monday night RAW, allowing fans like me who worried about where things would go for him after the shakeup to trust that his push would continue.

War Games

Okay, I'll be the first to admit that I didn't know all too much about War Games. I was born in ninety-eight and this just wasn't a match stipulation I really came across much as a wrestling fan. And so when it was announced to be returning as part of an NXT Takeover event I did my research and honestly I wasn't sure what to expect but pure cautious and that's exactly what we got. The tag team works down in NXT has continued to be some of the best in the world and with Sanity, the Undisputed Era, and The Authors of Pain alongside Roderick Strong this was a must-see match easy to sell to hardcore wrestling fans. So much happened in the space of the house this match took place and I can honestly say I enjoyed every second. I did feel as though it may have gone on for a little too long but these guys showed how to take something old school and make it modern and work for the audience of today. Gripped from start to finish this was hardcore at its finest in the WWE right now. Every superstar stood out, everyone had their place, both the rings were used correctly and the sheer barbaric nature of the match was just brilliant. While this won't be a match for everyone's tastes its sure worth the watch and really does cater to the audience that is NXT.

 Kevin Owens vs Shane McMahon

He may not be the worlds best wrestler but there really is denying the simple fact that Shane McMahon has been apart of at least two of the best matches of the year. The one that I have decided to include in the top ten this time around is, of course, his battle with Kevin Owens at Hell in a Cell. We had already seen Shane take part in possibly the match of the night at Wrestlemania against AJ Styles and here he was impressing yet again partaking in an epic collision with Owens. I did prefer this story much more. Thins grew very very personal between Owens and Shane during the build-up of this match and in fact resulted in being one of my personal favorite storylines of the year. When they collided at Hell in a Cell I wasn't sure what to expect. Taking the main event spot I was at least expecting a couple of big spots and we got just that and more. The entire time I was watching this match I could feel the passion and the story were still being told. It felt as though these two men hated each other and it was fun to watch. The action was brilliant with Owens and McMahon working together to compliment each other in the ring and what was even better was the fact that Owens didn't need to change too much of slow it down for Shane who kept up and delivered also. This was yet another barbaric encounter with a fantastic story behind it and of course, the twist ending that saw Sami Zayn turn heel was the icing on top of the cake!

Brock Lesnar VS Samoa Joe VS Roman Reigns VS Braun Strowman

And finally, finishing off the first half of my top ten WWE Matches of the year and entering in at number six is the huge fatal four way between Brock Lesnar, Samoa Joe, Roman Reigns, and Braun Strowman at the SummerSlam pay per view. This match was huge! The expectations were high and they were exceeded on the night without a shadow of a doubt! Here we had four of the best superstars in the WWE today battling it out to walk out the WWE Universal Champion and what we got was a classic showdown. One of the best things about this match was just how unpredictable it was. Everyone had a valid argument for who they wanted to win and it was clear that literally anyone one of these four men could have done so and it would have worked. Of course, I was backing Strowman and while he didn't get the win he came out a huge star. His performance on the night was simply fantastic as was everyone else's but this match as a whole was simply so captivating, so interesting and a total must see and a monster of a match like this has to be noted as one of the best of the year!

And there we have it! That is part one of my Top ten WWE Matches of the year! Part two will be uploaded later this week so keep an eye out for that but for now, however, any recent blog posts will be linked bellow and you can tell me what your match of the year has been by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me over at @TezangiVictoria.


Recent Blog Posts:
WWE Tag Team of the Year 2017
WWE OMG Moments of the Year
WWE Female Superstar of the year 2017
NXT Match of the Year 2017

Comments

Popular Posts